The Official Justice League Unlimited Rumor Thread, Part 4

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News

Status
Not open for further replies.

DerekPowers

Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
May 2, 2001
Long Island, NY
Visit site
wasnt there a teenage aquaman show confirmed or something? i know it was like young aquaman, and i remember it being semi-official. i dont know if it was going to take place in the current dcau timeline though. anyone know what happened to that?

also, when is the krypto series suppose to air. dont tell me its already on. i know its for little kiddies and isnt in the dcau timeline, but i'd still like to check it out once in a while. peace.

bat313

Jan 26, 2003
Ratings
NJ
Visit site
This might have been asked a billion times, but if Dini created Harley Quinn, is she also off limits? Because she would be fun to use again in a Gotham setting. Any clues?

Dec 29, 2003
Ratings
United States
Awesome news on the main page about JLU Season 2 starting on February 5th. I didn't think they'd be starting right away, so its a nice surprise. I'm shocked that Felix Faust is returning and I was scratching my head as to why Tobias Whale is showing up. Isn't he a Black Lightning villain?

Anyway, its still great news and I have no doubts that next season will be a winner.

Karkull

Mod of Chaos
Aug 19, 2001
Ratings
R'lyeh
jl.toonzone.net
GMahler said:
Awesome news on the main page about JLU Season 2 starting on February 5th. I didn't think they'd be starting right away, so its a nice surprise. I'm shocked that Felix Faust is returning and I was scratching my head as to why Tobias Whale is showing up. Isn't he a Black Lightning villain?
Dwayne McDuffie talked about Bruce Timm's attempts to use Tobias Whale a few months ago on his website's message boards. His plan was to use him as part of Huntress' origin, but they weren't cool with using him at the time. Apparently that's changed. You can read the quote here (scroll down to the Huntress' entry).

Dec 29, 2003
Ratings
United States
Karkull said:
Dwayne McDuffie talked about Bruce Timm's attempts to use Tobias Whale a few months ago on his website's message boards. His plan was to use him as part of Huntress' origin, but they weren't cool with using him at the time. Apparently that's changed. You can read the quote here (scroll down to the Huntress' entry).
Looks like things haven't changed. Dwayne McDuffie corrected the press release saying that there won't be any Tobias Whale.

b.t.

Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
DerekPowers said:
wasnt there a teenage aquaman show confirmed or something? i know it was like young aquaman, and i remember it being semi-official. i dont know if it was going to take place in the current dcau timeline though. anyone know what happened to that?

also, when is the krypto series suppose to air.
\

it was indeed "young aquaman", NOT part of the established dcau, completely different style, etc....it was in development for kids wb for awhile, they ultimately passed on it, it's now seemingly in permanent limbo....

no idea when "krypto" is scheduled to debut....sorry....

b.t.

Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
PeterFries said:
b.t., I'm going wayyy off-topic here, but I'm curious about the Kamandi series you mentioned pitching once -- how far did that get?
if you read that COMICOLOGY interview a few years back, you know pretty much the whole story....it was pretty much an off-the-cuff verbal pitch, with color blowups of kirby comic art....the lady from kids wb seemed very confused while looking at the art: "i kinda like the premise, but, um...you want it to look like THAT?!"...also, they wanted to add a strong female supporting character, and since there really AREN'T any in the original comics, and i wanted to stay as faithful to the comics as possible, we reached a quick impasse, they lost interest....it would have been WAY too violent for them, anyway, i think, it's probably best it didn't happen....

b.t.

Nov 11, 2003
Ratings
bat313 said:
This might have been asked a billion times, but if Dini created Harley Quinn, is she also off limits? Because she would be fun to use again in a Gotham setting. Any clues?

regardless of who created her, i'm sure she's considered part of the batman franchise....THE BATMAN could probably use her, but JLU probably can't (and we don't really have any burning desire to use her without mr. j, anyway).....

Nick K.

Aug 25, 2003
b.t. said:
if you read that COMICOLOGY interview a few years back, you know pretty much the whole story....it was pretty much an off-the-cuff verbal pitch, with color blowups of kirby comic art....the lady from kids wb seemed very confused while looking at the art: "i kinda like the premise, but, um...you want it to look like THAT?!"...also, they wanted to add a strong female supporting character, and since there really AREN'T any in the original comics, and i wanted to stay as faithful to the comics as possible, we reached a quick impasse, they lost interest....it would have been WAY too violent for them, anyway, i think, it's probably best it didn't happen....
Well, I don't know if you read Superman/ Batman by Jeph Loeb, but Kamandi just recently appeared in it... in fact, it was the last issue. I suppose you're a fan of his so you might enjoy picking it up. :)

V.L.

Nerdlinger
Oct 26, 2004
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Well, it's known now that Captain Marvel will be making an appearance. I think that's great but does anyone know if Billy and Shazam will be making appearances as well? I think it'd be a nice way to constrast the Big Red Cheese with Big Blue.

Merlin Missy

Cranky Old Lady
Mar 31, 2004
missy.reimer.com
b.t. said:
regardless of who created her, i'm sure she's considered part of the batman franchise....THE BATMAN could probably use her, but JLU probably can't (and we don't really have any burning desire to use her without mr. j, anyway).....
Drat. There went my hopes Old Lady Harley was going to make an appearance in TOaFT.

MM:)

DerekPowers

Ruler of Gotham City, 2049
May 2, 2001
Long Island, NY
Visit site
its AWESOME that season 2 is starting right away!!! And Felix Faust is back? Thats cool because i loved his character and "Paradise Lost".

One thing i hope doesnt happen is that he appears with no explaination of how he came back to life. His death scene was pretty dang cool, imo, and if they just bring him back with no explaination i will be VERY disapointed.

a qs about the krypto series though...Paul Dini was a writer on it, right? was he the HEAD writer or a producer, what exactly was his role on it? And since he announced his official departure from WB animation, how does that effect the show? will it not be renuied, will they just replace him? anyone have any ideas? and speaking of which, does that also mean there's no chance of him writing another JLU ep (not that is work on JL/JLU has been anything to brag about, but)?

peace.

PeterFries

Feb 10, 2003
Visit site
DerekPowers said:
its AWESOME that season 2 is starting right away!!! And Felix Faust is back? Thats cool because i loved his character and "Paradise Lost".

One thing i hope doesnt happen is that he appears with no explaination of how he came back to life. His death scene was pretty dang cool, imo, and if they just bring him back with no explaination i will be VERY disapointed.
Seems pretty straightforward -- Hades, Lord of the Underworld, aged him to dust and then the dust got sucked into Tartarus/Hell, just ahead of Hades himself. So sure, Faust is dead and in Hell with Hades. It seems like no big deal to work out a way out of the Underworld -- Circe and Medusa were able to get out to fight and chat with the JLU, respectively, if only for a short while.

Maybe Faust found some pals in Hell that could help him escape, like, oh, I dunno --
Abnegazar, Rath, and Ghast? Or maybe he can leave briefly as an emissary of Hades?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

aegisrawks wrote on Light Lucario's profile.
Hey Lady Lucario! Long time no see! How is life treating ya?
I like that Delta Rune doesn't even try to conceal it's creepy subtext. Just tosses it right at you from the start.
am i the only one who notices the change, while nobody else does?
RIP Stan Lee, the legendary Marvel creator.
Happy Veterans Day to all the brave men and women in service. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication.