The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duke

Truer Words Were Never Spoken
Fone Bone said:
What are the opening sale prices for the two sets going to be for Best Buy and Circuit City respectively?
According to the Best Buy website, Batman is $35.99 while Superman is $23.99. Circuit City online has Batman for $29.99 and Superman for $19.99.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Duke said:
According to the Best Buy website, Batman is $35.99 while Superman is $23.99. Circuit City online has Batman for $29.99 and Superman for $19.99.
I've noticed in the past that prices on Best Buy online and prices in an actual Best Buy store differ. Because of the stipulation that if you find a cheaper price you get such and such percent back, usually the instore prices match and as I said on the last page, $31.24 and $20.82 (or $29.99 and $19.99 without tax, I forgot where I live is different from where others live.) It's a very safe bet the prices at Best Buy and Circuit City will be $29.99 and $19.99, respectively. Sorry for the misnomer.

Duke

kenshi528 said:
I've noticed in the past that prices on Best Buy online and prices in an actual Best Buy store differ. Because of the stipulation that if you find a cheaper price you get such and such percent back, usually the instore prices match and as I said on the last page, $31.24 and $20.82 (or $29.99 and $19.99 without tax, I forgot where I live is different from where others live.) It's a very safe bet the prices at Best Buy and Circuit City will be $29.99 and $19.99, respectively. Sorry for the misnomer.
Eh, B:TAS sets around here before usually are around $32-$35, while the last Superman set was $23. I don't know why our BBs do that, they just do.

Loren

Duke said:
Eh, B:TAS sets around here before usually are around $32-$35, while the last Superman set was $23.
Speaking of the first STAS set, I was in Sam's Club tonight, and they're selling the STAS Season 1 set for about $12.50. They also had a Superfriends season set that carried the same price. Unfortunately, no Batman sets.

And it's DC, albeit not DCAU, but in another section of their DVDs they were selling Season 1 of "Lois & Clark" for $15 and change.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Duke said:
Eh, B:TAS sets around here before usually are around $32-$35, while the last Superman set was $23. I don't know why our BBs do that, they just do.
yeah, in the past i have just gotten BB to price match CC. CC almost always has the lowest prices. The problem this time is that with so many title coming out next week, Batman may not be featured in the print ads.

Duke

Actually, BB is more often than not the lowest price around my area on almost everything except the DCAU boxsets.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
mr jinx said:
yeah, in the past i have just gotten BB to price match CC. CC almost always has the lowest prices. The problem this time is that with so many title coming out next week, Batman may not be featured in the print ads.
That is true. Some alternate ventures can be Sam's Club/Costco (if you or someone you know has membership) or online places like Amazon (which is slightly higher by a 20 cents or so) or maybe even overstock.com (but I think it's only Credit Cards there) for equivalent or maybe lower prices.

kashpoing

I am gonna try and pick it up at sams club since our BB is usually high and if STAS VOL.1 is that cheap I may just pick it up maybe. I may check hastings since there normally cheap.

John Cage

Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong
Is there any word on the Batman vol. 4 back cover yet? I realize it'll be in stores in a few days but It'd be nice to check it out before.

Have a good day.
John Cage

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
John Cage said:
Is there any word on the Batman vol. 4 back cover yet? I realize it'll be in stores in a few days but It'd be nice to check it out before.

Have a good day.
John Cage

I'm expecting screeners either today or tomorrow (or Monday...or Tuesday...whenever the hell they get here) and I'll post up a scan as soon as I can.

-BB

A.J

Bird Boy said:
I'm expecting screeners either today or tomorrow (or Monday...or Tuesday...whenever the hell they get here) and I'll post up a scan as soon as I can.

-BB
OMG, I hope so!

Furious Nick

Maniacal Final Boss
BTAS:Vol. 4 & STAS: Vol.2 .......

John Cage said:
...... it'll be in stores in a few days.
I took on a second job so I could purchase these for myself w/o suffering the major hit to the wallet so close to the holidays. I am so glad that I can finally purchase these items. Put in the two-weeks notice, and tonight is my last night! And though I am still going to go bannas with everything else that is coming out that week, I really am looking forward to these the most.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Cage

Mystery Man, 666+ Posts Strong
Bird Boy said:

-BB
That'd be great. Hopefully there will be some additional features listed that didn't get mentioned previously, but that's wishful thinking I suppose.

Have a good day.
John Cage

Duke

mr jinx said:
batman volume 4 is only ranked #253 on amazon dvds. isnt that quite low?
Well, it's out of at least 50,000+ DVDs, so I'd say it's pretty high.

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Duke said:
Well, it's out of at least 50,000+ DVDs, so I'd say it's pretty high.
while that may be true, if my memory is correct, this close to their release the previous three volumes had cracked into the top 100 if not higher.

awh1978

So has anyone else seen the TV ad for BTAS volume 4? I was doing something else at the time, but it sure looked like they had a few shots of The Batman, as well as multiple shots of BTAS Bats. I guess the advertisers figure a Batman is a Batman.

Silly McGooses

mr jinx said:
while that may be true, if my memory is correct, this close to their release the previous three volumes had cracked into the top 100 if not higher.
This is significantly lower than these sets usually are at this point. vol. 1 reached #3. Then again, it's a very competitive time...

Hero Supreme

Mr Jinx No More
Silly McGooses said:
This is significantly lower than these sets usually are at this point. vol. 1 reached #3. Then again, it's a very competitive time...
i just want sales to be strong enough to assure the batman beyod and jl sets get a greenlight.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
mr jinx said:
i just want sales to be strong enough to assure the batman beyod and jl sets get a greenlight.

They're already being worked on.

And don't expect scans of the BTAS Vol. 4 until Monday, assuming my "screener" (I say "screener" because by Monday it might as well not be) arrives then. It was supposed to arrive today but didn't.

Sorry 'bout that guys.

-BB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts