The Official DC Animated Universe DVD Talkback, Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dan Turpin

doesn't like Omega Beams...
On a recent trip to Target, I saw the mentioned 3-Pack.
I think it had
Batman: Mask of the Phantasm,
Batman and Robin: Subzero and
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker.

R

Robin

Any idea when we'll get to see the back cover art to the DVD? I'm curious to see how WB will do the design for that. Given the really different look than the single volumes, I doubt it will follow what they usually look like.

Vanguard

Batman Beyond DVD

Whena are they going to put the complete Batman Beyond series on DVD?,

Supremus

WB recently released two no-nonsense, no-extras BB DVDs, and I think they have confirmed the plan is to release the rest of the series in that same format.

Bird Boy

WF Admin
Staff member
Supremus said:
WB recently released two no-nonsense, no-extras BB DVDs, and I think they have confirmed the plan is to release the rest of the series in that same format.

They didn't confirm that they'd be released in compilation discs with no extras...just that they'd be releasing single-disc volumes.

The thing about those compilation discs of BTAS and BB that were released--they were just released to get their VHS catalog out on DVD. They have little weight on future releases...

If we get anymore BB DVDs, I'd expect something similar to the JL DVDs--episode intros, a few extras here and there...

-BB

Supremus

Bird Boy said:
They didn't confirm that they'd be released in compilation discs with no extras...just that they'd be releasing single-disc volumes.

The thing about those compilation discs of BTAS and BB that were released--they were just released to get their VHS catalog out on DVD. They have little weight on future releases...

If we get anymore BB DVDs, I'd expect something similar to the JL DVDs--episode intros, a few extras here and there...

-BB
The announcement was a bit vague, so you could be right. Cool, we might just get 3 different DVD releases of those early episodes, then :)

R

Robin

Supremus said:
The announcement was a bit vague, so you could be right. Cool, we might just get 3 different DVD releases of those early episodes, then :)
Is "Ascension" the only season one episode not on DVD yet?

R

Robin

GMahler said:
Yes. I wish we could just get a nice season one set.
Even though I have 12 of the first season episodes on DVD, I would highly consider buying a season one set if it meant getting the whole season in a nice set.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
New Batman Adventures box set

Batman Beyond season sets

Justice League season sets

Static Shock season sets

Zeta Project box set

Gotham Girls: the complete web-series.

Nuff said.

EJill34

Fone Bone said:
New Batman Adventures box set

Batman Beyond season sets

Justice League season sets

Static Shock season sets

Zeta Project box set

Gotham Girls: the complete web-series.

Nuff said.
We'll see TNBA when B:TAS is done. They're basically the same series. Batman Beyond and JL will come eventually. Static Shock is unlikely, but maybe someday down the road. Zeta Project in a boxed set probably won't happen anytime soon but I'm not even sure the thought has crossed WB's mind. For Gotham Girls, well...I highly doubt it will ever see a DVD release. I don't think web-series usually do (not counting The Critic).

otter

I'd love to see a Gotham Girls set too. Sure, It's a long shot, but you never know...I never thought Batman & Superfriends box sets would happen either. Maybe the Gotham Girls series could be thrown in with the New Batman Adventures box set, although I'm not sure if this is really feasible. Would the episodes take up a lot of disc space? I know that there pretty many episodes but they were fairly short if I remember correctly.

Helena Wayne

otter said:
I'd love to see a Gotham Girls set too. Sure, It's a long shot, but you never know...I never thought Batman & Superfriends box sets would happen either. Maybe the Gotham Girls series could be thrown in with the New Batman Adventures box set, although I'm not sure if this is really feasible. Would the episodes take up a lot of disc space? I know that there pretty many episodes but they were fairly short if I remember correctly.
I'm not sure if Gotham Girls would make it either, but I second the motion for it to be released. I, like you, never thought we'd ever see Superfriends released, let alone Wonder Woman, and they're due out VERY soon (though not soon enough :D ).

Perhaps if we make it known to TPTB (the powers that be) that we desire these episodes, something can be arranged? Perhaps within each Batman volume, a few episodes of Gotham Girls can be included? I highly doubt a separate Gotham Girls set would ever materialize, though I for one would be all over it, but as a bonus feature, it could work. Perhaps they'd get to the point where they come up with new ones that are specific to the DVD release. It'd make for a great marketing ploy and I, again, would be all over it. Heck, I'd buy a DVD that contained the Cartoon Network promos for Superfriends (the clip "Whiners can be Losers" is hysterical and better than some episodes!), let alone Gotham Girls.

Anyone know how to get the ball rolling with notifying TPTB that we want Gotham Girls?

Ed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Sponsored Ads

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

PM if you wanna trade tapes digitally with me. I got some CN/Nick/Disney tapes.
I can't believe Tangled is a decade old!
Happy 28th anniversary to Aladdin.
kanc wrote on Schedulemaster101's profile.
hello