The New Toonami Ratings Thread (now with more civility!)

PicardMan

Staff member
After 5 consecutive weeks of Super being below .20, the streak breaks. Did Cosmic Samurai give it small boost? Still not enough to push it over 400K for the first time since December. Attack on Titan season 4 actually retains pretty decently with ratings over 350K for the first time ever. Is Cosmo Samurai really raising the ratings with two higher than normal weeks?

Edit: ratings for this week.

Dragonball Super 401,000 .20
Attack on Titan 370,000 .20
Assassination Classroom 290,000 .17
Fire Force 251,000 .16
Black Clover 224,000 .13
Naruto Shippuden 224,000 .11
Demon Slayer 184,000 .09

Last edited:

OtakuHuntikFan1017

After 5 consecutive weeks of Super being below .20, the streak breaks. Did Cosmic Samurai give it small boost? Still not enough to push it over 400K for the first time since December. Attack on Titan season 4 actually retains pretty decently with ratings over 350K for the first time ever. Is Cosmo Samurai really raising the ratings with two higher than normal weeks?

Fire Force 251,000 .16
Black Clover 224,000 .13
Demon Slayer 184,000 .09

whoisretro

Fire Force 251,000 .16
Black Clover 224,000 .13
Demon Slayer 184,000 .09

It's probably because Adult Swim moved Final Space from 8PM to 10:30PM. Final Space being at 8 made everything after it underperform meaning Toonami didn't have a good lead in resulting in the ratings being awful.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Wow, lot of people bailed after AOT then I guess ate dinner during Gridman and came back for Naruto.

aegisrawks

Also, you are awesome PicardMan and I love your efffort, but the fact that you merge the announcements of the ratings onto old posts means its almost a miracle anyone will get to see them. Without OtakuHuntikfan I would have never known the ratings updated.

PicardMan

Staff member
Also, you are awesome PicardMan and I love your efffort, but the fact that you merge the announcements of the ratings onto old posts means its almost a miracle anyone will get to see them. Without OtakuHuntikfan I would have never known the ratings updated.

I can double post if that's okay, but I just know lots of people freak out about double posts (at least on the anime forum). I think it would probably be okay on this thread as it's mostly a place for placing the ratings.

PicardMan

Staff member
Ratings are here and Super is back below 400K and for the second time Attack on Titan beats it. So far the record is Super gets the highest rating in the block 5 times and Attack on Titan 2. This proves that another show can outdraw Super on occasion but maybe not consistently. I presume MHA season 5 is replacing Attack on Titan and that is so far the rare non Dragonball show that is allowed to lead the block. I am shocked Attack on Titan wasn't able to do so. SSSS.Gridman did okay this week, beating Black Clover. Maybe there is hope for more non shonen manga adaptations coming to the block and some actual variety. Assassination Classroom and Fire Force had bizarrely large drops too. With Cosmo Samurai having only one week, will the block begin below 300K like in January?

12:00amDragon Ball Super3520.16
12:30amAttack on Titan3570.18
1:00amAssassination Classroom3050.16
1:30amFire Force2190.12
2:00amBlack Clover2040.10
2:30amSSSS.Gridman2090.11
3:00amNaruto Shippuden2460.11

Zorak Masaki

Also, are these ratings putting DVR recordings into the equation? For some people, they may be putting the shows (especially the early morning ones) onto a DVR to watch later. That's what I do for Assasination Classroom and Gridman (the only shows I currently watch on the block).

whoisretro

Also, are these ratings putting DVR recordings into the equation? For some people, they may be putting the shows (especially the early morning ones) onto a DVR to watch later. That's what I do for Assasination Classroom and Gridman (the only shows I currently watch on the block).

Nah they don't include DVR recordings, these are live ratings.

PicardMan

Staff member
This is why the ratings system needs to be overhauled to include DVR recordings. After all,. who's up at 3AM?

Broadcasters have access to DVR numbers, but those aren't released publicly. That's why some shows that that appear to be doing badly based on just live numbers were actually hits for Toonami (Pop Team Epic) and also why shows that appeared to have okay live ratings were actually flops (Boruto). They have data we don't.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Clearly, People seemed to forget that the late Chrtistine Cavanaugh who originally voiced Chuckie Finster on Rugrats, retired from Voice Acting in like 2001, and Nancy Cartwright took over the role since then.
"It can be so hard to leave someone you love, but if you find something to remember them by, you will feel less alone." -Willa, one of the Made-for-Qubo segments on Willa's Wild Life

Thanks for all the memories, Qubo.

The winner of this matchup is Harpy Gee, which got 5 votes. Both Yoyotoki Happy Ears and Marisa And The Mirror got 0 votes. Now we go into the final round with a 3 way matchup. It's between Missing The Mark, Harpy Gee, and Pizza Pilot.
R.I.P. Qubo and Ion Plus (2006 Qubo / 2007 Plus - 2021)
March Madness 2021!

Featured Posts