The NEW DC Animation on DVD petition

ZorBrak

I AM A BUFFET OF MANLINESS.
Hey everybody, been a while since I posted on the DC forum, but I have been increasingly annoyed with WBs treatment of their animation when it comes to DVD, as I'm sure most of you have. We have pleaded with WB, and been ignored, we have been patient, and told to wait longer, it is not acceptable. The speed at which these animated properties are becoming available to the consumer, is a speed each of us should find unacceptable. We requested the entire runs of these shows, a year after the release of the first volume, the second volume has still not been released. Superman and Batman Beyond however, have been ignored altogether. Following the release of the first Batman Beyond volume came nothing, as for STAS, we fans still have nothing unless considering the World's Finest Batman/Superman 3-parter. In light of all of this I have created a new broader petition, than those I have created in the past, in hopes of putting some real power behind our voices this time. Enough power that WB will hear our voices, and enough power that our voices will bring change to WB's methods of the treatment DC animation on DVD. I have not yet posted this petition, however I will do so shortly. I would first like to, for your approval, post our collective petition statement that expresses to WB our opinions, expectations, and demands of them . Tell me what you think and if you think it should be altered in any way before the petition begins. Thanks.

WB, we your loyal fans, have begged, pleaded, and stressed that there are certain things that we want to see on DVD. One of those has been your library of DC animation, including Batman The Animated Series, Superman The Animated series, Justice League The Animated Series, and Batman Beyond. To your credit, you have released some portions of each of these series on DVD, however the way in which the release of this content has been approached is more than perturbing in the eyes of many fans.
Warner Brothers is now the only major studio with a home video branch that has yet to take television on DVD seriously. Maybe this is so because of a lack of appealing result (i.e. low sales or profit), but let me and others assure you, the reason this would be is the way in which you are releasing these television shows. Batman The Animated Series, a highly demanded show with a very high production quality, has only had one volume of the television episodes released as of 4/4/03. A second volume is to be released within several days, however that makes the span between the two volumes an entire year in length. This is unacceptable, fans wish to possess the entire runs of these shows and at such as the current rate this would take over two decades.
Justice League the animated series, another DC animation mentioned above, also has a second volume on the way, we thank WB for releasing the episodes in a chronological order as is being done with both shows, but again, this pace of releases is unacceptable.
Having WB hold only one "Super Hero Month" for DVDs each year, fans will never possess entire runs of either show, so we the fans are now stressing to you PLEASE PICK UP THE PACE AT WHICH THIS CONTENT IS RELEASED. If not to release the shows in box sets as intelligently suggested many times before, then a monthly release of volumes could also be an appropriate way to release the shows,
but the important thing is that they are released. Your other DC animated properties, Batman Beyond, and Superman the animated series should also be given this same treatment of monthly releases in order for fans to posses these shows in their entirety. After all, WB officials once promised fans we would see the entire run of Batman Beyond on home video and to this date, there has only been one volume of the series released, and that was well over two years ago.
Other studios have respected the voices of their fans and listened to their advice, yet WB seems to continually scoff at the opinions of their fans and ignore our voices. To ignore this advice on the appropriate treatment of the content mentioned above would not only be unjust to your fans but also financially on unwise on your own part. You have a commitment to your fans, make sure you keep it. Fox demonstrates their knowledge of this through their numerous releases of sets of their television content. Hold your to standards higher than Fox and your other competitiors and prove you also are committed to your fans, even moreso that them, by listening to us. Release DC animated properties, in their entirety, at an acceptable rate. That is what we the undersigned ask of you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Marika Segal

Biggest animated Tim Drake fan
I agree with you defineately :) !!! They should have, by now already had all the episodes of BTAS, TNBA, Superman Adven.... & BB on Video or DVD which does suck. I'm all the way with getting them avalable to the public. They all should absolutly be on DVD!! Where do I sign this petition????

jm5150bc

ABSOLUTELY !!!

Where DO we sign ??

This defineitely should be seen by those who can actually do something about it... Great points and pretty non-offensive...

ZorBrak

The petition will be going online on Friday 4/11, I'll post the URL then and hopefully I can get it put up on the news page and have it posted on some other sites as well.

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
I'd recommend waiting for the April 22nd chat with WB Home Video at www.hometheaterforum.com before starting any petition. They could be announcing some very good news there. Plus, with the announcement of a surprise B:TAS summer DVD, WB might be stepping up to plate finally.

ZorBrak

Jim Harvey said:
I'd recommend waiting for the April 22nd chat with WB Home Video at www.hometheaterforum.com before starting any petition. They could be announcing some very good news there. Plus, with the announcement of a surprise B:TAS summer DVD, WB might be stepping up to plate finally.

Yeah I just saw that on the front page. The petition is going to be put off indefinitely with the announcement of this third disc. If something needs to be addressed with it, which will hopefully not be the case, I'll post it later. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

JusticeLeagueLegion

Samantha is a hottie!!
Look how fast the Star Trek series are being released, by season! I know BTAS can't be released like that, but it could be released by volumes...I mean come on...it's too slow, all my hair will fall out before they're all released...that's the way I figure.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts