The mystery of PXG (Jetix UK)

CNCN2014

This is something of a weird show, I do remember seeing the show air on Jetix at the time but from what I've been able to gather, no information on it's episodes nor many clips of the show exists. It was hosted by Kentaro, who had previously done work on a BBC Choice documentary called Japan-o-rama. A lot of the producers were ex-Gamezville, an old Sky One gaming show that came prior to PXG. As far as I know, information from Prism Entertainment is sorely lacking, where any other footage is hard to come by.

This was in the age of Sky+ and DVRs, so finding the episodes in some sort of DVD or VHS will be pretty tricky. Any other gaming show, mainly Gamer.TV on Bravo, can be found somewhat on YouTube, not this obscure gaming show that lasted from 2005-2008, the same run of these other British gaming shows. I'm not sure if I can raise enough awareness of the show, on the basis that LMW doesn't really care and the audience who DOES remember the show likely never taped it.

This is one of the reasons why I'm posting this thread on this forum, since I believe there will be a collective few on this forum who may help on the track to finding these episodes, whether that'd be from old recordings or contacting the original producers.

Also, it happens to be Christmas Day as I happen to write this, so merry Christmas if you are reading it then.

harry580

i think PXG is the closeset thing we got to gxt in the uk which gxt was propsed to launch in the uk but the plans was cancelled due to disney buying jetix europe

AdrenalineRush1996

Well, GXT has video games shows and PXG is focus on video games, so yes GXT is the Italian G4 but GXT started to air WWE and sports shows like G4 with Cops and Cheaters.
Well, the only thing GXT had in common with Jetix is that it used to be the sister channel of Jetix Italy before Disney spunoff the channel and sister channel K2 as Switchover Media after their rollout of rebranding Jetix as Disney XD before Switchover was bought by Discovery in 2013.

CNCN2014

I think this thread has devolved to talking about Jetix in general, not the PXG show itself. I have contacted as many people involved in the production and the only one I knew that responded was Kentaro himself, who said he works at a theatre company now. I have contacted him on the YouTube video as to whether or not he still has the episodes but who knows from here.

harry580

I think this thread has devolved to talking about Jetix in general, not the PXG show itself. I have contacted as many people involved in the production and the only one I knew that responded was Kentaro himself, who said he works at a theatre company now. I have contacted him on the YouTube video as to whether or not he still has the episodes but who knows from here.
i wonder disney owned pxg since that show was a production from jetix and disney bought jetix latin america and europe in 2008

CNCN2014

i wonder disney owned pxg since that show was a production from jetix and disney bought jetix latin america and europe in 2008
unknown (1).png

In one of the screen savers that was given out in a Jetix Magazine, it says here that PXG was a trademark of "Disney Enterprises" and not "Prism Entertainment", the company who produced the show. But apart from this, I am sure that Disney doesn't own the show, as given from this email sent to me:
1609369280413.png

This could be that of a new employee, but I understand if this isn't her field of work. When asked about how Jetix, the channel it was aired on, was dissolved into Disney, I ended up getting this response back:
1609369353748.png

I would've expected a response to the assets and how they may own them, but unfortunately I hit a dead end with contacting Disney "UK" directly. I could've contacted them prior to the closure of Disney XD UK but I simply was too late. I assume those controllers were kicked out.

RegularCapital

I wish you luck on your endeavour for finding these lost PXG episodes and I'm really surprised that you've got a proper response from Disney, albeit not particularly a helpful one. We had the same problem when trying to find the Fox Kids idents a few years ago, we ended up contacting the people who made them, which is the same approach you've made.

I can vaguely remember the show, I remember it being on the EPG at least. I guess Disney has a habit of throwing out tapes or neglecting lesser known properties in their archive, they own so much after all.

I have some info at least but you more than likely already know these, obviously the phone numbers will no longer work or have been repurposed since: Prism Entertainment London :: Is a full service digital new media agency.

Here's Amelia Johnson's LinkedIn, she was responsible for television at Prism, interestingly she was Head of Creative at Disney Channel between 1998 and 2000, so no wonder Jetix commissioned Prism to produce PXG: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amelia-johnson-0a007694

CNCN2014

I wish you luck on your endeavour for finding these lost PXG episodes and I'm really surprised that you've got a proper response from Disney, albeit not particularly a helpful one. We had the same problem when trying to find the Fox Kids idents a few years ago, we ended up contacting the people who made them, which is the same approach you've made.

I can vaguely remember the show, I remember it being on the EPG at least. I guess Disney has a habit of throwing out tapes or neglecting lesser known properties in their archive, they own so much after all.

I have some info at least but you more than likely already know these, obviously the phone numbers will no longer work or have been repurposed since: Prism Entertainment London :: Is a full service digital new media agency.

Here's Amelia Johnson's LinkedIn, she was responsible for television at Prism, interestingly she was Head of Creative at Disney Channel between 1998 and 2000, so no wonder Jetix commissioned Prism to produce PXG: https://www.linkedin.com/in/amelia-johnson-0a007694
At least you have sort of the same experience that I'm dealing with. I'm not crossing out the idea that the master tapes were thrown out or completely deleted off someone's hard drive, I am convinced those episodes are still out there in the wild, I just can't find a clear path that isn't a clear dead end.

I've contacted Matt Cuttle, both on his personal Facebook page and on his Gameweasel page. Nothing.

I've tried finding Andrew Forgham. I did find his Facebook, again no response. I couldn't find an active email that involves him so I'm unable to really see any response.

I've contacted Guy, who surprisingly responded and acknowledged my interest in the "odd gaming show" and pointed me to ITV, where he was working for them with The Voice Kids I believe. Tried contacting ITV for his email, they gave me a non-functioning one and left me at another dead end.

I even tried contacting Kentaro's theatre company through email and no response there. He did respond to us through one of his videos though but he didn't reply back in regards to the PXG episodes we were looking for. At least he knows about his previous work and is happy to support the fans who discover his work.

Of course, you obviously know about the Disney email which led me to a stronger dead end and I have brought up the show on the LMW Discord, which they appear to be arrogant and wouldn't do anything regarding British gaming shows that have been lost to time and saying stuff like "no one cares except british tv enthusiasts".

The track to finding the show will become trickier and trickier, not less in the fact that finding active contacts or anyone who even has a recording of the show is something that appears to be largely forgotten. I might add that Prism haven't just done PXG for Jetix, they've done shows like Dinosaur King Safari and Planet Pokemon to promote the series they are based off of. And the Prism website, the one currently active, retains no information regarding it's in-house productions for many entertainment channels.

EDIT: Ironically, it appears Amelia has done work on another obscure gaming TV show, Lan Jam, for CITV. What goes around comes around I suppose. Lan Jam - Cobalt Morning

CNCN2014

So it's been a while since I updated this thread. Lots of back and forthing towards Dominic Gardner, a former Jetix Head of Programming who now operates a children's distribution company called Jetpack.
1618182399848.png

He's been a good sport throughout the whole search, which I'm kind of glad he responded back. I did contact Matt Cuttle on Facebook as well as Andrew Forgham but both didn't respond and/or didn't receive the messages.

1618182502264.png

Unfortunately, this is where I've sort of hit a "dead end". RegularCapital did mention about Cobalt Morning and I did contact them immediately after hearing about it, but when I had sent the email Amelia asked whether or not I was "connected" to the show in any sort of manner, which I'm not. I'm going to try and contact Amelia again, this time acknowledging that I'm not a client and/or production company.

1618182755320.png

(the previous email I had sent to Amelia, unfortunately no response back)

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If only it was possible for companies to rethink their decision to make movies exclusive to streaming back to their initial supposed theatrican run - they'll have to look at how the situation is faring in countries and regions.

Wonder why it's impossible to screen "outdated" or "delayed" movies when the situation eases.
Changed the banner to match the upcoming anniversary better. Based on the logo switch ident featuring Bloo.
MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...

Featured Posts