The Loud House News and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

animegamer

Some countries the show is outright banned, because of the gay parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nick India hasn’t aired a single new Nickelodeon show from the US since 2012. We only got Kung Fu Panda for 3 weeks and TMNT S1. That’s it since 2010.

We don’t even get new episodes of Spongebob and just get Season 1 in a loop.

RandomMe

Walrus Toy Store owner
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Loud_House#Broadcast

The only countries they're airing is USA, Canada, Israel, Italy, UK, Latin America, Brazil, Poland, Germany, France, Africa, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, North Africa, Middle East, Nick Arabia.

India isn't the only country, some other countries not mentioned also hasn't aired Loud House
Spain and Portugal are not mentionined in it, we've been getting the show for a year.

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
Some countries the show is outright banned, because of the gay parents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nick CEE, which had to remove TLH from their schedules as the channel is available in some parts of Africa, where most of the controversy was, will be airing TLH again from November.

ToonJay723

Staff member
The only countries they're airing is USA, Canada, Israel, Italy, UK, Latin America, Brazil, Poland, Germany, France, Africa, Southeast Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Ireland, North Africa, Middle East, Nick Arabia
That's not a full list. They're airing it in South Korea as well, since there's a Korean dub of the theme song.

kanc

That's not a full list. They're airing it in South Korea as well, since there's a Korean dub of the theme song.
yeah well, that tells wiki is not a reliable source, and probably doesnt always give full complete list of international countries list..

animegamer

That's a pretty lame reason to ban a show, even if it is a kid's show.

It seems every Nickelodeon show from 2012 has been “banned” in India, because Nick India doesn’t air anything other than Motu Patlu and Ninja Hattori. Or maybe it’s their ignorance.

I don’t think the channel should be called Nickelodeon if they don’t air anything from Nick US at all...

90'sKid

That's a pretty lame reason to ban a show, even if it is a kid's show.

An episode of TLH that featured the Loud sisters in swimsuits was banned in Saudi Arabia, due to that region's "women must never show skin" mindset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Looney Turtles

An episode of TLH that featured the Loud sisters in swimsuits was banned in Saudi Arabia, due to that region's "women must never show skin" mindset.

Considering how clothed people are in that region, I can't say I'm too surprised.

zoombie

Listen to all 6 podcasts, I don't know which is my favorite. Luna episode was funny, the Lori one was very sweat at the very ends I almost cried, but my favorite is probably the Leni one, it showcased her other character trait that is often over looked in favor of stupidity and that is her kindness. Though I don't know what year they think there is that arcades still exist in this country.

90'sKid

Considering how clothed people are in that region, I can't say I'm too surprised.

Indeed. And it just goes to show that a cartoon episode can be banned for any reason, not just things like stereotypes (Buffalo Gals) or for having sexual undertones (The Rockos Modern Life episode where Mrs. Bighead kept flirting with Rocko)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts