The Loud House News and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
Don't give Nickelodeon (or Paramount+) any ideas!
If a live-action TLH sitcom were to be made, I'd want it on Fox. I mean if Nick is producing shows for streaming, then certainly they can produce shows for major broadcast networks (a live-action TMNT series could potentially replace NCIS Tuesday nights at 8 PM on CBS when the latter show ends).

HomsarHomsar

If a live-action TLH sitcom were to be made, I'd want it on Fox. I mean if Nick is producing shows for streaming, then certainly they can produce shows for major broadcast networks (a live-action TMNT series could potentially replace NCIS Tuesday nights at 8 PM on CBS when the latter show ends).
NCIS and TMNT have completely different target audiences. Also as I said earlier there is absolutely no reason to make an entire TLH live action series, they're only doing the Christmas special as a cash grab because Disney made live-action versions of animated properties trendy.

SweetShop209

It looks like there's an upcoming special called Camped.

Screenshot_20210513-104333.png

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!

ToonsJazzLover

Not a surprise there’ll be a new TLH special this Memorial Day. Every odd numbered year have one of those (2017 and 2019, which featured the Casagrandes)

JTZ

Director's Rut
5/5

Honestly, the episode already had me when Luan put the finishing touches on her script, and it stayed on a high note. I liked the drama club actors messing around - they're a fun bunch, hope we'll get more of them in the future. Mister Coconuts was well-used without overstaying his welcome, and its nice Mrs. Bernardo actually shows some competence as a director, especially by making that reference to Luan's own play. Speaking of which, it was cute the episode casually told the story about that idol of Luan (and how she probably hopes her own career will go).

Friday Night Fights
5/5

The brain and brawn duo, though it was more like brain versus heart/instinct in a way.

When watching the promo, I was sure the part with Lisa feeding them green stuff was from the third act, not the second. Lisa trading every team-player caught me by surprise but makes a lot of sense. Got very emotional towards the end with Lisa feeling so absolute down. I was afraid Touchdown-Bot would get old very quick, but he wasn't overused.

Only thing I don't quite get is why they didn't go with Lisa's play in the very end. There wasn't really a conflict with Lynn's gut feeling being superior to Lisa's analysis, only Lisa failing to incorporate the human factor. Though maybe Lisa was suggesting a more solo-focused play while Lynn's was a team-move - don't know enough about football for that.

I like that the episodes kept in line with the topic of Luan's insecurity and Lisas's lack of social skills. That gives episodes featuring a character some nice consistency.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
In terms of the latest episodes to premiere before Memorial Day (Director's Rut, Friday Night Fights): BOTH of them were High Tier (8.5 - 9.0/10 on average), IMHO.

Seriously, if Season 5 can actually give me more episodes putting examples like Luan (for Director's Rut), as well as Lisa and Lynn especially (for Friday Night Fights) in actually positive lights like this MORE, that'd be great, honestly. That requires keeping character development consistent, though. Something this show has a serious problem doing right, overall.

Saying all these things for myself,, Season 5 (if not this whole dang show by now!) hasn't been all that consistently good as these 2 episodes were for me, so I aint holding my breath...

Again, this show needs to keep on staying consistent on things like character development - THAT (the inconsistentcy on character development with core main characters we want to root for in general!) has always been my biggest beef with this show besides me not really relating to Lincoln or any of his friends as characters like I do his sisters (well, most of them, anyway) or his Mom/Dad, unfortunately.

Maybe then, we can keep on getting consistently Mid High to High (if not the occasional 2 to 3 God) Tiered episodes like these recent two examples have shown us (Director's Rut, Friday Night Fights), if you ask me.

JTZ

Camped!
3/5

I liked the episode, but I don't know... I expected it to be about camp stuff, not an adventure plot. The execution was okay, we got to meet the second grandfather, and the little subversion with the pursuer was clever. But it was all a little too straighforward: They followed the clues one by one, got in the cave, found the fake treasure, followed more clues, found the real treasure, triggered a trap and then Gramps saved the day. I feel like specials in the show work better if they try to break up the story into several subplots instead of all the characters moving together and follow a single line of plot.

She's all Bat
4/5

For the next mortician's club episode, I'd actually like to see Lucy and her gang working together to reach a goal - so far, episodes with them were more of a Lucy against the rest-setup. Also, they kinda dropped out of the story at the end.

That said, it's still a great episode just for the dynamic between Lola and Lucy. I loved Lola steadily taking over the club, and Lucy feeling overshadowed by her presence. A bit like Strife of the party but from the other perspective. Also had a lot of morbid humour and a nice, heartwarming ending.

Snub Grub
2/5

They should have put more effort in setting the two groups up against each other. Leni also doesn't really fit right for the role here - the episode would have worked better with Lori. I got a lot of little laughs out of it (the ice bar and Gus) and Miguel and Fiona are always a treat, but Leni's other friends are still as bland as a sheet of paper. It's on the verge of a good episode, but overall, I found it mediocre.

SweetShop209

Here's another sneak peek for The Loud House movie. It comes out August 20 on Netflix.

Reactions: JTZ

JTZ

There is a slight mismatch between backgrounds and characters, mostly because the backgrounds are so detailed the characters look a little flat in comparison. Also, there is a baby dragon.

Animation does look a lot smoother than in the previous sneak peek though. Lincoln moves very nicely. Sometimes, it feels like they could have added a few more animations here and there, especially with characters in the background, but overall pretty nice. Also, there is a baby dragon.

I'm curious what the story will be like. From the preview, I guess the whole royalty thing will get to Lincoln's head. I wonder if the rest of the family will join in or it's gonna be him against the rest. Also, there is a baby dragon.

No seriously, there is a baby dragon walking around like it's normal. I had expected a relatively down-to-earth movie, but now there are fantasy elements. Let's see how far they'll take it and if it ends with a dramatic showdown involving the mother dragon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts