The Loud House News and Discussion Thread 2

jaylop97

Staff member
So Collin Dean has hit puberty already?
He is 13 after all, just like Grant Palmer when they replaced him, for the time being in the show I can only expect his voice to continue becoming deeper until they replace him, which could always be somewhere around Season 3 to 4.

JTZ

Aren't there any male adult voice actors who can do good child voices in the US? I know these are rare, but counting the pilot this is Lincoln's fourth voice - and considering the popularity of the show, maybe they should find a more long-term solution than casting one boy at the brink to puberty after another.

jjc927

On Reddit it was said Tex Hammond (Grey Griffin's son, he had a minor role in the Deal Me Out episode) did Lincoln's voice in this podcast. You can tell Collin's voice is getting deeper in the last set of new episodes and the promo for Crimes of Fashion. I heard a bit of the podcast and I thought he sounded like Collin's Lincoln but a bit higher.

Aren't there any male adult voice actors who can do good child voices in the US? I know these are rare, but counting the pilot this is Lincoln's fourth voice - and considering the popularity of the show, maybe they should find a more long-term solution than casting one boy at the brink to puberty after another.
In most cases boy characters are voiced by adult female voice actresses or male child actors. Shows that use child actors to voice boy characters often go through several of them in the span of the show. Some prefer using child actors over adult female actors so it feels more authentic. Most adult men's and even teenage male's voices are too deep to be able to be able to voice a boy character realistically (Doug Funnie and Buster and Binky on Arthur are notable exceptions). I guess not that many males with higher voices get into voice acting- I should've since mine is high.

Looney Turtles

Wow, I never realized Lincoln went through a few voice actors already. It would probably be better for him to just be voiced by a female voice actress in this case.

jjc927

Using a child actor makes it more authentic and it keeps costs down. Having different voices can be odd or annoying, but it's not the end of the world.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
I now take back what I said about "Missed Connection" premiering on August 3rd. According to Zap2it, it's not. A rerun of "What Wood Lincoln Do" is scheduled for that day @ 5PM.

JTOONSAnimation

A new kid male voice actor isn't shocking, I mean in Hey Arnold! Arnold got a new voice actor almost every season. Even in The Amazing World of Gumball, Gumball and Darwin have had MANY voice actors from the pilot to season 6.

But in general, male kid voice actors are usually always replaced unless the character grows along with them, (i.e. Adventure Time)

jaylop97

Staff member
I now take back what I said about "Missed Connection" premiering on August 3rd. According to Zap2it, it's not. A rerun of "What Wood Lincoln Do" is scheduled for that day @ 5PM.
So much for the hope of a US release for Missed Connection, maybe September will be it's month.

Nexonius

Ten, count em', ten years!
Since the show started production in 2014, one would think the original series voice of Lincoln could've (and probably should've) done the entire season. Colin's version just didn't hit well enough for me and it didn't have the charisma and personality that Grant had. Same goes for Clyde's new actor.

jjc927

Hate to say I told you so.

Since the show started production in 2014, one would think the original series voice of Lincoln could've (and probably should've) done the entire season. Colin's version just didn't hit well enough for me and it didn't have the charisma and personality that Grant had. Same goes for Clyde's new actor.
I like Collin's a lot more personally. Grant's was too monotone, Collin's has much more range and expression. I wonder how many episodes Collin has left before Tex takes over.

jjc927

Good for Tex, he didn't sound that different to Collin's Lincoln in the podcast so this time the voice change won't be a huge contrast like it was for Grant to Collin.

ShadowBeast

Good for Tex, he didn't sound that different to Collin's Lincoln in the podcast so this time the voice change won't be a huge contrast like it was for Grant to Collin.
The voice change from Grant to Collin didn't sound like a huge change to me.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

That Girl Lay Lay full first episode now on youtube nickelodeon
Ah yes! I will play Cars on Dreamcast, Cars 2 on Dreamcast and Cars 3 on Xbox!
What happen when Animax Asia about to play anime that is not for kids.....

Oh well, it's time for me to temp change my pfp to Halley from Astroblast! again

My kizunatchi pfp will return on Oct 1.

Featured Posts