The Loud House Movie

jaylop97

Staff member
I got around to watching the movie the other day and seeing it took me back to when I first started watching Loud House back in 2016, it felt like I was reliving those good days again.

Past that I really enjoyed this movie, I always feel for topics around inadequacy and felt for Lincoln when he felt like he was in the shadow of his sisters, and that he wants to do something big, I really like the trip to Scotland and Lincoln taking a journey not only there but to better discover what he really has, not to mention his close relationship with Lily throughout the movie was so amazing, so cute and darn precious.

Angus was simply one of the best characters introduced ever in a movie, I feel like he was who Lincoln truly needed to meet to remember what he has Lincoln also has as seen in the end and Morag was such a blast of a villain, she is the greatest anti equivalent to Lincoln and the Louds, I love how their dynamics are polar opposite, she cares about power and simply to just be on top, while Lincoln and Angus both genuinely care about the people of Loch Loud, so the moments against Morag had so much depth to them, even if she's despicable I can't help but admire how sinister was she.

As for the Louds, I think they also shine too, even if Lucy and Lucille do a little more than the rest, the family still has great moments especially against Morag too and I think they do show in the end how much they really care about Lincoln, and I think Leni's crush with Scott was adorable, and Bobby's efforts of trying to keep Lori and not let another Scott win her away was truly wholesome. I also like Lela too, I feel and for what Morag did to her, she didn't deserve that type of treatment, she is the most loyal dragon ever, and the end with her is so wonderful.

Also I'm rarely the type of guy to get emotional, but man I genuinely did cry in some moments, with Lincoln in the beginning and when Angus was given the title of duke by Lincoln and the royal Louds, it was such a truly fascinating way to develop Lincoln and give him the most deserving payoff ever, also the ending credits near the end with the Loud staff thanking the fans truly felt like the greatest love letter ever.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
I'm not sure if it would have gotten a theatrical release mostly when you consider the 2D movies that came out in the 2010s. The 2011 Winnie The Pooh movie had a budget of 30 million dollars, and made 50 million dollars. The 2017 My Little Pony movie had a budget of 6.5 million dollars and made 61 million dollars. Teen Titans Go To The Movies had a budget of 10 million dollars and made 52 million dollars. That's technically making money, especially for TV show based movies for the latter two, but to executives, it's not enough. I know how Sponge Out Of Water had a budget of 75 million dollars and made 325 million dollars, but that can be chalked up to how most of the advertising focused on the 3D aspect, as if the movie would be mostly that. Paramount executives would have probably been hesitant to primarily advertise the 2D aspect.

Eurbane

That was a great movie. I had an idea what if Angis Johnson, Lincoln's elementrary teacher went to scotland and meet another Anges, king of Loch Loud and ask her to be queen since we promised that Angis won't appear after Lincoln went to middle school but we found out that she still appears.

kanc

Currently streaming are Loud House movie singalongs and some royal discoveries, and some more...

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
You know how Bobby only appeared in 2 scenes in the movie? It seems like he might have played a bigger role. Dave Needham said how Miguel Puga (and someone whose name I don't recognize) storyboarded some scenes of Bobby traveling, and a lot of animals were apparently involved. Since we don't see these scenes in the movie, they were either storyboarded but didn't make it to the animation stage, or they were animated but cut out.

Screenshot_20210826-163919.png

dumbfoolkid5

When I see Lincoln and Lily I thought magician and thief. And other things come to mind Braveheart, The Highlander and Lana being in Mr. Scott's roll as chief engineer. And who do you think could be ranger barbarian cavalier and acrobat? Just asking.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

glennbyrnes

How could Clyde inherit his grandma's baking skills? I thought that the Mcbrides adopted him.

I aslo noticed that Lana didn't participate in Morag's defeat.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Dave Needham took part in an interview for the movie. Two things of note that he said were:

1. He grew up in the UK, mainly Wales. I think that helped in bringing Scotland to life.

2. The movie harkens more to seasons 1-2, where the main focus was Lincoln, compared to the show going for more ab ensemble cast. As such, he wanted to make sure there were very few scenes where he wasn't onscreen while also making sure everything was still connected to him in some way.

ShadowBeast

How could Clyde inherit his grandma's baking skills? I thought that the Mcbrides adopted him.
Unless he knows of his birth parents backgrounds, Clyde was most likely referring to one of his adopted father's mothers and not realize that he couldn't inherit any genes-related skills from them.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts