The Loud House - "Exchange of Heart / Community Disservice" [1/25/20]

ToonJay723

Staff member
New decade, new episodes of the Loud House followed by a new episode of Nick's newest Nicktoon, It's Pony

Click here for the previous Talkback Thread
Click here for the next Talkback Thread
Click here for News & Discussion Thread

Exchange of Heart
Premieres Saturday, January 25th at 11 AM on Nickelodeon
Episode 176 (Episode 415a)

To divert the attention of his helicopter dads, Clyde arranges for an exchange student to stay with them.

Community Disservice
Premieres, Saturday January 25th at 11:15 AM on Nickelodeon
Episode 177 (Episode 415b)

Lola takes a timid new classmate under her wing and gives her a social butterfly transformation​

jaylop97

Staff member
Exchange of Hearts: Perfectly passable of an episode, yeah the Mcbrides can be too over secure of Clyde, but he is their only son. Despite Tiago appearing to take the spotlight, it does help set some standards straight for the McBrides in general. Other than that the Kitties were really funny. XD

Community Disservice: I absolutely adored it from beginning to end, Lola is so fun to watch, I really admire this side of her that is willing to mentor someone like Meli, and be incredibly dedicated to Meli even when her pageant requirement was completed, especially by dropping out of the pageant to further emphasize how guilty she felt over Meli still having anxiety. It really does leave me a big smile to see Lola connecting Meli with people who share the same interests with her and Meli developing at the end of the episode by overcoming her shyness and winning Lola a dairy land crown, knowing how much Lola would like it. :,)

JTZ

I was kind of hoping Exchange of Heart would have some sort of connection to "Change of Heart". Seeing Clyde seek and enjoy some freedom from his dads was refreshing, though admittably, it was similar to "Snow Way Down". It was an alright, but not too memorable episode (the cats were cute though).

Community Disservice is one of my favorite episodes of the season so far, not just because of how cute that Meli character and how heartwarming the episode in general is, but I also liked seeing Lola being a total boss and show-stealer at school. Her shining, dominant persona made a great contrast to the shy and meek Meli. Also, Lana was a lowkey highlight in this episode for me.

and winning Lola a dairy land crown, knowing how much Lola would like it. :,)

Lana seemed to have liked it even more though.

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
Exchange of Heart : They already did a plot about Clyde's parents being over protective so, let's do it again? It was alright episode, the cats were fun, it funny , including the newspaper headline about the turtle being guilty of arson. Not the strongest episode, but not bad. 7.5/10.

Community Disservice : Always good to see Lola's other side and it was a really heartwarming the episode was. Lana was fun too! 8.5/10.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Lola's episode (Community Disservice) >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Clyde's waste of my time (Exchange of Heart), which itself was Mid Tier, IMHO.

SIMPLE ENOUGH for me to say this much: Clyde just continues to be a weak link to me, even if he thankfully ain't lusting after Lori anymore (seriously, that was never good writing to begin with.).

As for Lola..... Putting it lightly, just one more High Tier segment to her name. And this is keeping in mind that she didn't start out as that great of a character - with Tattler's Tale in S1 (one of that season's VERY FEW and FARAWAY highlights for me.), she grew into it. No wonder she (and Lana) continue to be some of my favorite characters to sit down to with this show. Thanks for reminding me, writers!

GAME OVER

zoombie

Exchange Of Heart

A Clyde episode really, that is what we sunk to. It wasn't terrible, but still, the plot got old fast. And he lost me at dreaming of eating pickles, ill I hate pickles.

I am glad they didn't go the predictable rout of Clyde being jealousy of the exchange student.

If we are going to do a Clyde episode, I just want one thing, and that is yet to happen, I want to see Dr. Lopez. Are ever going to see her?

Community Disservice

This was a good episode. I really like this new girl Millie, she is a great foil for Lola. We see a day in the life of Lola, and that was cool to see.

Lola was for the most part likable. I am hoping this is not the last we see of Millie.

kanc

@ToonJay723 you have date typo: on "Exchange of Heart" you typed "November" instead of "January", you might need to fix that

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

YOU GUYS!! I was on a Twitch stream with Jordan Todosey (the voice of Willa on Willa's Wild Life) and sent that "Sound Good To You?" video through her Discord server AND YOU ARE NOT GONNA BELIEVE WHAT HAPPENED OMG-- And she even tried to do Willa's voice too in the process!! I CAN NOT BELIEVE THIS ACTUALLY HAPPENED Y'ALL OMG-
The clip:
I found this tweet from Tom Warburton from April. Why I only discovered it now is a mystery. In any case, the show didn't win the Annie Awards for preschool programming, but here's the acceptance speech for what would have happened if the show did win.

Say NO to Hungary's anti-LGBT law!
My name is Luca, I live on the ocean floor....
The Hungarian anti-LGBT law has sadly passed by the government! And Portugal beaten us 0-3.
Today's addition in Palk Áron 2002's Arts is about Bloo having both feelings.

Featured Posts