• Driving Ambition

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Home of the Fave

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

zoombie

Pop Pop is Rita's father. Rita called him dad in The Old and the Restless.

Well that doesn't prove anything, calling your in law the same name you would you own parent is common. Though they didn't show Lynn Sr's dad's face, makes me think he is not Pop Pop, and I don't want to believe Pop Pop is type of father.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Hero Today Gone Tomorrow was alright , they are giving us episodes where learns tone it down a bit. Also loved Paula in this episode (she's the one constantly with a crutch ) Margo's a nice character too. Kind of a strange town where they are so focused on Middle School sports. I give it 8/10 and Paul gets it from me an extra .5 points.

Pretty striaght 8/10 week from my view nothing awful nothing wow! Again Slice of show won't always be wow!
My ranking was hard
  1. Hero today gone tomorrow
  2. Driving Ambition
  3. Predict- ability
  4. Home of the fave

So close in margin though.

ShadowBeast

Well that doesn't prove anything, calling your in law the same name you would you own parent is common. Though they didn't show Lynn Sr's dad's face, makes me think he is not Pop Pop, and I don't want to believe Pop Pop is type of father.
Lynn Sr's father also makes a flashback appearance in Vantastic Voyage.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Except she won't be out of high school until the end of the series. What an unfortunate fate.

Meh... I still appreciate the effort to give her a good episode, reagardless - not something I can easily say for a character I'm not too fond of like Lori, either.

zoombie

Hero Today Gone Tomorrow

This was a fine episode. Yep we know Lynn is very competitive as we seen before. This episode does a good job of keeping someone with the ego sympathetic.

What was a pleasant surprise, is that fame never went to Margo's head. Most shows probably would have done that, but nope she never did anything wrong, it was the people around that got on Lynn's nerve. Also that teacher or librarian should reprimanded for not doing their jobs properly.

Anyway a good Lynn spotlight episode, we see more of Lynn's friends, they even brought back the kids from "Middle Men".

JTZ

Hero today, gone tomorrow
Loved that episode. My only small complaint is the segment about Lynn being annoyed by Margo's fame was a bit too long, but it was still enjoyable. Really liked the dynamic between Margo and Lynn, with Margo enjoying all the attention while still being humble about it and Lynn caring more about her friendship with her than about being the best. I especially liked Margo wasn't angry Lynn stole the spotlight from her, but was upset upon realising not even for her best friend Lynn would step down for a moment. Paula's little remarks were all great, too. The last part at the soccer game was the best. Overall, my favorite episode of the week.

Mr.O

Driving Ambition
For a character trait that began as a gag, an episode about Lori playing golf was surpisingly good. It tied in well with her overall theme of growing up, and showing how she had to deal with her nervousness and how her siblings helped her was cute. Nice to see how she imagines her future, and Lincoln as a caddy was funny and sweet. Also, it's now confirmed Lori's spirit animal is a goose.
What gag? I thought this golfing thing came out of nowhere. Still my favorite of the premiers.

I've been in and out with this show, but weeks like this remind me why I watch this show sometimes.
Hero Today Gone Tomorrow Was surprisingly decent. Lynn jr has been an anomaly in my opinion. She was always a decent enough character. A bit rough around the edges and meat headed, but still a cool and helpful sister. But when she started getting her own episodes they made her out to be, in my opinion, a pretty terrible person, and the worse of the sisters. This episode was able to focus on some of her negative attributes without her overall character (or everyone around her) suffering for it.

Last edited:

JTZ

What gag? I thought this golfing thing came out of nowhere.

It was first mentioned Lori is good at golf in "Back in Black", when she wanted Bobby to show her how to golf and he stated she was a professional golfer.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Mentioned in a few episodes other episodes too , like in "No Such Luck" Lori wanted Lincoln to watch her golf, in "Selfie Improvement" where it's mentioned that she lost to Carol in a tournament and was the youngest player in the varsity team in her Freshman year.

Mr.O

Mentioned in a few episodes other episodes too , like in "No Such Luck" Lori wanted Lincoln to watch her golf, in "Selfie Improvement" where it's mentioned that she lost to Carol in a tournament and was the youngest player in the varsity team in her Freshman year.
It was first mentioned Lori is good at golf in "Back in Black", when she wanted Bobby to show her how to golf and he stated she was a professional golfer.
Nice catch guy! I really like it when they give the characters skills and hobbies that aren't necessarily tied to there archetypes. Like Luna and her coding skills. Its also nice touch to see that Lori's golfing was mentioned much earlier. I thought it came out of nowhere.

Are there any other subtly mentioned skills/ hobbie of the sisters that has the potential to be expanded in a later episode? The only other one I know about is Lisa and her love of rap.

JTZ

Are there any other subtly mentioned skills/ hobbie of the sisters that has the potential to be expanded in a later episode? The only other one I know about is Lisa and her love of rap.

Does Lola's liking for mafia and prison movies count?

ZanyLogic5

Definitely. Her parents forbid her from watching either one after an incident where she imitated scenes from them at school, but Lola will do anything to watch her favorite things again. And I mean ANYTHING.

Yeah, that would be a good plot.

jaylop97

Staff member
Soccer, hooray for it being acknowledged, I don't see it get a lot of attention in cartoons generally and I have to say it was a breath of fresh air to see it featured in Hero Today, Gone Tomorrow.

Anywho it was really cool to see more of the other teammates/classmates of Lynn, like Paula and Margo for example being featured in this episode, and their roles were pretty good, with Margo having received some attention from that goal she did, I definitely agree with her about timing, it's always crucial when doing anything sports related, that and having the skills too. And for the most part crowds usually do get really excited for game winning deals as acknowledged I'm glad they pointed that out, especially with Paula at the end, at the same time Paula is already wearing a cast for her foot, so she's doing more than others, in that situation. In the end, I have to say I found the names for the Burpin Burgers really cool, along with Paula's general moments of questioning Lynn, those were funny.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts