The Loud House - "Episodes 119 - 123" Talkback Thread [6/25/18 - 6/28/18]

ToonJay723

Staff member
Brand new episodes of The Loud House are here including a brand new half-hour special.

Click here for the previous Talkback Thread
Click here for the next Talkback Thread
Click here for News & Discussion Thread

320?cb=20180506104616.png

Tripped!
Episode 119 (Episode 301)
Premieres Monday, June 25th @ 7:30 PM

During a road trip to their vacation destination, everything that can go wrong for the family does.

320?cb=20180619165502.png

Pasture Bedtime
Episode 120 (Episode 311a)
Premieres Tuesday, June 26th @ 7:30 PM

The boys struggle with whether to attend Liam's barn sleepover or Girl Jordan's awesome pool party.

320?cb=20180619165328.png

Shop Girl
Episode 121 (Episode 311b)
Premieres Tuesday, June 26th @ 7:45 PM

The kids worry that Leni is too weak and they try to teach her how to be more aggressive.

320?cb=20180619165817.png

What Wood Lincoln Do?
Episode 122 (Episode 313b)
Premieres Wednesday, June 27th @ 7:30 PM

Lincoln has to complete a woodworking assignment, but has a history of failure on the topic.

320?cb=20180619165642.png

Ruthless People
Episode 123 (Episode 313a)
Premieres Thursday, June 28th @ 7:30 PM

When the house is infected with termites, half the family stay with Pop-Pop and the others stay with Aunt Ruth

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Now Tripped! was High Tier - and these other four episodes have a lot to prove, as a result. I say THAT because we're starting out quite strong here. I'd hate to see that level of quality not be continuously reached after that. Come on, writers - prove me wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:

jaylop97

Staff member
Mod Note: Tripped was released early on Amazon, as such have a spoiler tag until after the episode has aired on TV.

Last edited:

zoombie

A great way to start the week. I tell you this was one of the better episode of the series. Everyone got a moment to shine here.

I mean Lynn Sr. trying to keep it together, even Rita and Lily had their little moments. Poor Lily she is going to need therapy, how many she was almost home aloned, and all the jokes at Lori's expense, was that really necessary?

Great episode, and had a great car chase, the message of preforming a good deed and you will be rewarded and I am glad the prisoner was put back in jail, that would be a very dark ending.

ShadowBeast

Tripped: I think the "Lori has gas" joke has gone on for too long. Even Lori was sick of it near the end. Just have the poor girl see a doctor about it already be done with it. Now that the only negative thing I had with the episode has been said, let's get to the rest. This was a great special. I loved how Rita kept forgetting Lily and even ended up thinking that she forgot her again but didn't, as Luna was the forgotten one as she was jamming out. The story was done very well and The Louds' karma came through in at the end for helping the Farmer who let them all in his suite for helping him. The song the whole family sung was pretty catchy as well.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Tripped was a good special, I liked the running gag of Lilly and Rita, the one where they kept leaving someone when they were speaking. The Lori farting thing was alright as a one time throwaway or maybe twice but it got annoying after that. The other jokes me me though) The Song was good they are really good at making songs for theses specials. Glad it was a happy ending. I give it an 9/10 (took off a point for over use of that gas gag).

JTZ

While it did enjoy the special, I think it had a couple of issues (aside from the fart jokes):

1.It followed a single plot line revolving around the whole family, with no definitive main character. This concept has been introduced in season 2 for regular episodes and while I enjoy it, it has its flaws. Most prominently, it lacks proper focus, making the story somewhat diffuse as it splits its attention between 13 characters. The special handled it rather well mostly (more on that later), but the wide-spread focus did strike me a little more than in a 10-minute episode.

2.The plane was a little too much for me. I know this is a cartoon and I certainly don’t mind when things go crazy, but the entire rest of the special was relatively grounded – even that scene with the prisoner wasn’t too out there. But then they stumble upon a broken plane, Lana somehow fixes it (even though she couldn’t repair a van door earlier) and Rita actually flies that thing and chases a car carrier with it. The scene wasn’t bad in itself, but it was in very strong contrast to the more down-to-earth rest of the special.

3.Last, and this relates to my first issue, is Lincoln. Now I’m the last person to complain about episodes not centered around him, I probably like episodes about the sisters even more than Lincoln episodes. But for this special, I can hardly tell what exactly his contribution was. He didn’t really get any good lines, he didn’t do much for the story aside from blowing gas in the driver’s face – if he hadn’t talked to the audience a couple of times, he might as well have not been there. There are episodes with a family focus that make good use of Lincoln, but this wasn’t one of them. And since he is the main character, this is kind of bad.

That is not to say I didn’t enjoy Tripped, quite the contrary: I really liked the car scenes from “The Sweet Spot” and “Raw Deal”, so the first half of the special focusing on the ride in Vanzilla was great. I loved pretty much all the gags like Rita forgetting Lily and Lana “fixing” the prisoner’s tatoo, and there were times I burst out laughing (the scene with Mr. Grouse and Leni was one of the funniest bits of the whole show for me). It’s also nice that they had a Blues song, although they were a bit lazy with the animation there. I’d say it was an okay special, but nothing I'd watch over and over.

jaylop97

Staff member
I will admit the parts with Lori were the lowlight of the special, they could have done less with them.

As for the special I think it was really scrubbing down on how bad the family had it, I mean all of the trouble they went through this was very interesting, I think it put a lot of meaning to actually get to the vacation place.

I really enjoyed the way the Louds got to vacation, and the second half really picked up on a lot more tension, with Rita flying the plane most notably and getting Vanzilla back, and yeah the song was pretty catchy as well, I really like Lisa's solo part the most it was really neat. The farmer was a really nice guy I really do like how he helped the Louds, the one part with the twins eating the twins eating the cherries was funny because of Lola and Lana's reactions towards them.

I enjoyed this special it had some ups and downs but that's the way it was going.

zoombie

Pasture Bedtime

Don't mess with Liam, I guess that is the lesson. This was an okay episode, I mean I was disappointed Girl Jordan didn't play more of a role. I thought this would be the first time she got some of the spotlight, but no, so disappointing.

Well I guess for not being the honest, the boys got karma against them, that or Liam put a hex on him, wouldn't put it past him, since you don't mess with Liam.

On another note, I think that Molly girl likes Lincoln, I think she really wanted his attention, I wonder if they will follow up on that. Anyway for a Lincoln episode, it is fine.

Shop Girl

What a good episode, Leni gets the spotlight, this episode did not go the direction I thought it was going. I thought was going to happen, is the others plan backfires and turns Leni into a monster and they have to turn her back, I have seen that many times, for example with Fluttershy in My Little Pony: Friendship.

But no, Leni is just too nice, but is works for her. Though I loved the CEO Leni look, I do like the other siblings their hearts were in the right place, they love Leni, and how could you not, she is so sweet.

This is an early candidate to be the episode of the week.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Doing this while it's fresh in my mind.
Pasture Bedtime : it was missing something to me, it had all the elements there but felt it was missing something. Guess that party was rigged against them for leaving Liam like that. Was nice to see Lincoln's gang though and new setting as well. I hope we do get more Girl Jordan. It wasn't an awful bad episode but like I said , it's missing something. 6.5/10 (wait a minute) They pulled a dark joke off well at the end there, so I am giving it a 7/10.

Shop Girl : A Leni Focused episode this season good. She is too kind for the world I liked how her family was worried for her because they don't want her to be a door mat.Of course Lola can take down Leni. Leni does have it in her to be aggressive but I think she only knows to use when she really needs it. Otherwise it was nice to see Leni still be Leni. The part where she gets paid back for her kindness was nice and even better since she doesn't expect it. Poor guy at the mall not having a good time all and Lola is scary when she tries to be nice as well. But it gets 10/10 from me , the episode made me smile . laugh and was enjoyable through out.

ShadowBeast

Pasture Bedtime:
It was an alright episode. I was expecting Girl Jordan to get about the same amount of screen-time as Liam, and I'm disappointed that she didn't even get that. It's still nice to see secondary characters like Liam get an episode. I was actually expecting Liam to be tempted to go to the party as well with his "better than any pool party" comment as a way to keep himself giving-in to the temptation, but that wasn't what was happening either as his comment was about him receiving the phone calls as well. Really the problem could've simply been dealt with by all five just going to Girl Jordan's party for an hour or two (they have the watches) then getting back to Liam's place to finish the slumber party. They would've been at Liam's slumber party longer and get to check out Girl Jordan's party. Their karma wasn't exactly well deserved either since they only snuck to Girl Jordan's party for only an hour and planned to get back and enjoy the rest of Liam's slumber party afterwards. Liam's prank at the end with the bacon was funny though, and I liked the potential rivalry between Lincoln and Mollie with the cannonball contest. Now I want to see her get some development as well. Oh and we got to see the girl who looks like Kendall from Kick Buttowski at the party as well.

Shop Girl:
This one was much more satisfying. The Loud siblings are worried about Leni after she comes home not only empty-handed but a little beaten as well. So they teach her how to be assertive. I was actually expecting Leni's beaten-up look from her being more savage about shopping, considering how she was in "Driving Miss Hazy". This episode reminds me of that MLP:FIM episode, except Leni quickly goes back to be nice on her own and it works out for her in the end with not only being rewarded for it but also finding the perfect career that fits with her talents. The only downside was Lola showing her season-one-unlikable-side at the end. But it doesn't ruin the episode at all.

This was an okay episode, I mean I was disappointed Girl Jordan didn't play more of a role. I thought this would be the first time she got some of the spotlight, but no, so disappointing.
I know, right?

On another note, I think that Molly girl likes Lincoln, I think she really wanted his attention, I wonder if they will follow up on that. Anyway for a Lincoln episode, it is fine.
Mollie did kind of steal the episode for a bit. It was one of the best parts too.

GershonB

Shop Girl

What a good episode, Leni gets the spotlight, this episode did not go the direction I thought it was going. I thought was going to happen, is the others plan backfires and turns Leni into a monster and they have to turn her back, I have seen that many times, for example with Fluttershy in My Little Pony: Friendship.

But no, Leni is just too nice, but it works for her. Though I loved the CEO Leni look, I do like the other siblings their hearts were in the right place, they love Leni, and how could you not, she is so sweet.

This is an early candidate to be the episode of the week.[/QUOTE].

I said it all before, and I'll say it all again. It's impossible not to love Leni. When God forgot to give her a brain, he made it up to her by tripling the size of her already enormous heart. She's Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie all rolled into one. That's why she's my favorite Loud sister, and that's why she has all the makings of a breakout character. Don't you think the world would be a much better and more cheerful place to live in if everyone was more like her?

JTZ

Pasture Bedtime - It was an okay episode. I like Lincoln's gang, and they all got some nice character moments (Rusty's pocket watch, Zack being into sci-fi, that Liam scene at the end) but all in all, the episode wasn't too memorable. I was also disappointed Girl Jordan (by the way is there actually a Boy Jordan?) didn't get much screen-time. That said, I really like the flair of these episodes about Lincoln's school gang, and I'm starting to grow attached to his other classmates too. While not quite as strong as the big family concept of the majority of the episodes, it's still better than the school concept of many other cartoons.

Shop Girl - At first I found it a little boring as that kind of plot has been done a lot of times already, but the surprising second half turned that around. Granted, other shows have gone that route too (Wander over Yonder) but I always like it when cartoons show that it pays off to be nice to others, and you don't need to push everyone around to get ahead in life. It was also cute how the rest of the Loud kids imagined Leni's future life, and that little hint Lori gave she would support her sister at least for a while if she got problems. All in all, a good episode.

On another note, I think that Molly girl likes Lincoln, I think she really wanted his attention, I wonder if they will follow up on that.

I hope not, she was cool but we really don't need another love interest for Lincoln after Ronnie-Anne, ribbon girl, Christina, Pagie and possibly Girl Jordan if she is gonna appear more often in the future. Actually, a female character that interacts with a male character with no romantic tension between them would be a nice change (I am well aware though there are probably a lot of people out there shipping them already).

I said it all before, and I'll say it all again. It's impossible not to love Leni.

There is a guy on the TLH subreddit who keeps saying she is portrayed as too perfect and needs some character flaws that balance out her niceness aside from being dumb.

jjc927

Tripped- It wasn't bad, but not great. The big problem was that it felt so rushed. It would've worked better as an hour-long or TV movie length so there was more time for each part. A few funny scenes and I liked the beginning montage, the open mic song, and the end in the resort, but the can-can song and forgetting Lily gag were annoying.

Pasture Bedtime- I liked it but nothing special. Thought it should've been the boys go back and forth between Girl Jordan's and Liam's. Liam in a larger amount got a little annoying too. The end was pretty funny.

Shop Girl- It was a very good episode until the end (although the bearded guy running away from Lola was pretty funny). It was great for Leni to get an episode showing how kind and thoughtful she is, but I had a problem with all the people giving her gifts for helping her. She was perfectly happy just to help them and get a thank you and it's a better message to not expect things in return. The job offer would've been more than enough. Lori's line about her and Bobby not being able to support Leni was surprising, it's one of the more direct lines they've had about Leni being unintelligent.

jaylop97

Staff member
Pasture Bedtime was okay, while I did like the more screentime Liam got I did find him pretty cool, along with the atmosphere of Girl Jordan's party, I think it didn't really have that much else. It was really cool to see more of the 5th graders there wasn't too much else.

Shop Girl I liked more because it was pretty funny to see the other Louds help Leni try and develop an extra layer of endurance, I really did like the amount of support the others have Leni and see Leni do what they showed her all in the reasons that they provided for her. I will say that with Leni it was pretty neat that this only went to a certain distance, and that ultimately she couldn't really go far as is her persona. And it was pretty nice that Leni got compensated for her good deeds. Other than that I did like the idea of the kids thinking how much different Leni could be now and of course the kids trying to train Leni parts were pretty funny as well, and of course Lola was pretty funny when it came to her parts. All in all a swell episode in my books.

zoombie

What Wood Lincoln Do?

This week we learned a lot about Rita, first of all she can fly a plane and she good with tools. Though really everything that happened here is half her fault. Never should have Lincoln's project in the first place.

We learned earlier this week, not to mess with Liam, now we learned don't mess with Walt, he is vicious when he is mad.

Anyway an average episode, not terrible.

LinusFan303

Squeak
What wood Lincoln Do? Simple episodes aren't a bad thing. Was nice to see Lincoln and Rita doing something together in an episode we don't see that much. Glad she nailed him on trying to get her to do another assignment for him she saw it coming.. Also don't screw around with Walt he will get you. Lincoln learned that he hammered him self on passing off other things as his own and he couldn't do make the bookshelf himself. Glad he learned his lesson expensively too. He did an earnest attempt to mend what he did it and glad it worked out. Plus it was interesting he was trying to be perfect with the assignments when the others weren't that good looking either. I don't give it 10/10 but's not a 2 by 4 either so it's 7/10) Also no wood puns by Luan , missed opportunity.

ShadowBeast

What Wood Lincoln Do?:
I think this one is gonna be the weakest episode of the week. And it's not because non of the sisters showed up. Lincoln's attitude about woodworking just felt out of character of him.
However the message about not giving up was good, and the next assignment being about clowning with blowing up balloons the first thing to do(which Clyde had mentioned in having trouble with throughout the episode) was funny. I actually saw that was coming. I'm actually surprised at Mrs. Johnson's attitude when Lincoln told the truth considering her history in the show.

This week we learned a lot about Rita, first of all she can fly a plane and she good with tools. Though really everything that happened here is half her fault. Never should have Lincoln's project in the first place.
I can't help but feel that it was hinted that Rita was good with tools in a previous episode. I just can't think of the episode. Maybe it was when she and her husband were building a second bathroom?
I agree about Rita making the first project being a mistake. She could've been a lot more helpful without doing all the work.

jaylop97

Staff member
For WWLD, I was worried within the first few minutes how Lincoln was cheating for his project, my impression was that Lincoln was pretty lazy by not doing his project and that he was going to simply make Mrs. Loud do all the work, but to my surprise I was pleased that isn't the direction the episode went. I feel for every other project Lincoln had to do it unravelled more of the issue of Lincoln simply having anxiety of making the project other than simply passing for a grade which was really earnest. I really do like how the episode went there and the part where Lincoln had to make a dresser because at that point it was where the episode really took a different approach. I really was satisfied at the end with Lincoln at least attempting the project and it wasn't perfect because again that isn't the point of the project.

Mrs. Johnson was pretty good in this episode and I have to say the same about most characters. I was mixed about Lincoln at first but after the episode made it to the point where Lincoln needed to make the dresser I think that was where the episode really did wonders for me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts