Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Click here for the previous Talkback Thread
Click here for News & Discussion Thread

Head Poet’s Anxiety
Episode 115 (Episode 308b)
Premieres Monday, June 4 at 5 P.M.

Luan teaches Lucy how to manage the ups and downs of pursuing a life in the arts.

The Mad Scientist
Episode 116 (Episode 309a)
Premieres Tuesday, June 5 at 5 P.M.

Lisa gets invited to work at an institute and get away from her crazy family.

Deal Me Out
Episode 117 (Episode 309b)
Premieres Wednesday, June 6 at 5 P.M.

Lincoln and Clyde worry that they may be too old to still be playing Ace Savvy.

Friendzy
Episode 118 (Episode 310a)
Premieres Thursday, June 6 at 5 P.M.

Lincoln discovers that having a friend over means getting special privileges, and he takes advantage of that.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Head Poet's
It was nice seeing Luan and Lucy have a team work episode they really are trying different this season aren't they? It was a nice sweet heartwarming episode too. It's believable one too, where Luan feels jealous that Lucy was going to her dream spot but she also still cared enough to make Lucy stil goes. I liked this episode it's simple , sweet , and well done.

The Mad Scientist
I'm sure how other people feel about Lisa, but I like her character. This one was pretty simple the whole appreciate what you have/family episode. It is believable since it was her first time not living at home she would miss the simple things that she wouldn't think of in the first place until it was time. The time machine part was probably the only time (that wasn't a dream) where this show gone past it's more realistic approach. Also, they did a nice tough remembering that Lisa likes rap. Even the poster in her lab room was a nice touch. Also loved her song too. This was a good episode too. They are on a roll this week.

Last edited:

jaylop97

Staff member
So far I've been enjoying the episodes this week.

Head Poet's Anxiety was a really good episode, I really like Luan motivating Lucy to expand on her poetry skills, I really do like the place Luan comes from in here by being a mentor to Lucy, by giving her the knowledge she has over expanding her hobby into something bigger. Luan and Lucy feel like a good duo for this scenario and I think it did work of pretty well, two vastly different personalities coming together and seeing Luan help guide Lucy was great.

The Mad Scientist, a lot of people say this one is another Garage Banned, I don't agree, these episodes have some similarities but not too many. I think they did a good job taking the direction on a different level, I feel like this episode Lisa merely gets sidetracked with her interest in science, not too much about being independent from others considering she is around with others but not exactly with interesting people. Then comes that they do a better job here in trying to do what honestly bothered me about GB is that they don't drag out how Lisa doesn't want to tell her family how she misses them, she was upfront about that issue and as soon as she realized it, and then how she took a 180 move by using her machine, I really liked that.

Both episodes did a good job giving a good focus to the main characters as they are really seeing good screentime in their events which is good.

zoombie

Head Poetry Society

Another Lucy episode, and a good Luan episode and she really needed that. A Luan episode when she is not a psycho what a noble concept.

Part of it felt predictable, but a good payoff.

The Mad Scientist

And the roll continues, a Lisa centeric episode and she is actually likable. So it seems everyone gets a turn getting over whelmed by the number of siblings, and needs a break.

I guess what we learn is Lisa is not as ready to grow up as she thinks she is.

And we learn Lisa is a fan of west coast rap, someone needs to make videos of her jamming to west coast rap.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Deal me Out.
They've been on a roll this week. It's a realistic episode too. First off, it was nice to see how Lincoln and Clyde first met.. Also Flip , Flip's real identity? apparently has many of them. They did a good job of showing there are things people think they are too old for and that's fine, but if you still like it that's fine too. I think many will find this episode relate-able The ending was a nice touch too.

zoombie

Deal Me Out

Another good episode, sometimes peer pressure can determine your taste. I can relate, being behind what is cool and what is not, that is part of growing up. So Flip leaves up to his name. Now we know why they call him Flip.

Anyway in the end, Lincoln and Clyde learned an expensive lesson to be you, and Flip made a profit. And nice to see some nice cool teenagers not embarrassed into so call kid stuff.

jaylop97

Staff member
I really enjoyed DMO, it was really heartwarming, and I really like all of the flashbacks of Ace Savvy that Lincoln and Clyde had it really made their connection with Ace Savvy really good. I really like Flip there is always more to him everytime he appears, who knew he wanted that muffler, then again I can only imagine why that was. The ending was my favorite part of the episode, Chaz and Becky look like your typical set of cool kids in High School and seeing them interact with Lincoln and Clyde was a good way to show how they could really unite different fans from different standards.

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
Friendzy was alright , nice to see Lisa's still friends with Darcy, we saw Sam again, and the threat level thing was back. They did the whole flashback thing , but that was alright. I liked it. Overall it was good but the weakest of the week to me. But I do like an episode with all the Louds, they learned their lesson and didn't put anything all on one character. week my order of favorites
1. Deal Me Out
2. The Mad Scientist
3. Head Poet's Anxiety
4. Friendzy

ToonJay723

Staff member
Friendzy

Nice episode. The gradual escalation of friends was pretty funny. I wonder how 76 kids managed to fit in that house.

jaylop97

Staff member
I enjoyed this episode, finally Lincoln breaks the 4th wall again, how long has it been since he has done so? It feels like a really long time since he did it, in this case I found it genuinely funny how he did it.

Other than that I think this episode did have a solid conflict, I can understand why the parents wanted to take the approach they did for the family, It felt very gradual to see Lincoln think of something and then see his sisters catch up, and for the most part it was nice that none of the kids (minus Lincoln) resorted to getting strangers, although in his case I think that did caught up to him and for the most part I do like the Frenzy situation that occurred sticking true to the title, and that the kids did learn to settle down at the end. Oh and Lola was pretty funny with her interest of that one program, it was pretty funny.

jjc927

Head Poet's Anxiety- Very good episode, nice moments between Luan and Lucy, the senior bus moments were funny, the Luan flashback was cute, and Lucy's poems were touching. Just thought the episode dragged a bit and they threw Lincoln in a couple of scenes that it just felt like they were trying to include him.

The Mad Scientist- Good episode, liked that it gave Lisa a more realistic kid side and emotion. Could've done without the musical number though.

Deal Me Out- This was an excellent episode, easily in the top 5. Great moments between Lincoln and Clyde, very funny Flip scenes, and the emotional flashbacks with Lincoln and Clyde were some of the best scenes in the show. Loved the message of you're never too old to love something especially if it has special meaning, it definitely speaks to a lot of us and it was a bigtime nod to nostalgia and the older fans.

Friendzy- A bit of a letdown after Deal Me Out. It wasn't bad, I liked the premise, but the privilege and dibs scenes were repetitive and the whole episode just felt rushed. It was nice seeing the friends again but they should've had more lines.

Elijah Abrams

Just deal with it!
They did the whole flashback thing , but that was alright.
In structure, the whole "Friendzy" episode was similar to the Gumball episode "The Candidate", with the episode beginning at the near-end and then going into a recap.

zoombie

Friendzy

I liked this episode, mainly for it is continuity and winks to previous episode. First of all, this is old school Loud House. Lincoln comes up with the scheme, and the sister catch onto him and they try to one up each other. This does feel like a season one a bit.

But yup continuity, we saw Lucy, Lori, and Leni wanting to watch the same show together, we saw Luna's crush Sam again, and Lisa's love of west coast rap (seriously either Nick or a fan needs to make a video of jamming to west coast rap). Wasn't perfect though, I wanted to see Carol as one of Lori's friends to continuity, and I know they are not friends, but Lola was desperate enough, see Lindsay in living color as one of Lola's pageant buddies.

All and all a good episode, to wrap a very good week.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
OK... Let's Get to work.

Head Poet's Anxiety (High Tier) - As usual, THIS is what happens when Luan is written as a character that's worth something other than a one-note holiday for her to be made into a one-note character for and nothing else. Like Funny Business (S1) and No Laughing Matter (S2), she needs to continue to have more episodes like this - too bad I know I'm asking too much, at this point, since I don't trust these writers all that much - they may have a victory here, but that's only saying so much with Luan as a character (who's got a lot to do to continue to win me over, honestly.); still, a nice step in the right direction of what should be.

Lucy's handling here was awesome as usual and her conflict in this was actually endearing as all get out - her material did need some work and it was nice someone was willing to help her out - that someone being Luan, despite the unfortunate development of jealousy up at the end on her end, which I was very happy to see her get over (i.e.: something that actually makes sense, unlike her stupid and annoying pranks, as it was her dream to perform on such a big stage herself and she felt kinda robbed of that spotlight, despite doing the right thing and being such a helpful family member to someone who does look up to her, even if not shown all the time (e.g.: Lucy.)).

TL:DR - this is the Luan I refer to watch in action, not the one obsessed with April Fools Day, thank you very much.

The Mad Scientist (High Tier) - I have my fair share of issues with Lisa as a character, but her episodes seem to always do well enough with me. I mean, the only downside is that of course, it's a great place to work for Lisa, just not a good place to live. Plus, it didn't take Lisa too long to realize she messed up, which is definitely nice.
Definitely better handling of this particular setup than whatever Lori was written into (Garage Banned (S2), which while alright, doesn't hold up as well as this is looking to for me.).

Deal Me Out (Mid High Tier) - *SIGH* What is it with these Lincoln/Clyde episodes only doing so much or me??? The reason I don't rank this too high is simple enough: I personally think Roadie to Nowhere (same season) handled this setup better; then again, unlike Luna, I'm not a fan of Lincoln/Clyde as characters, so there's that, too. And... Flip continues to be worst scam-artist, so that's always a treat to watch - not really. But someone's gotta do it - life's rough like that.

That's not to say I didn't completely get something out of this one - simply because the scenario these 2 are in, save for Flip obviously ripping them off like dorks, is quite relatable (what with outgrowing something you like because you might be too old / find something age-inappropriate, but not realizing that it should be because YOU felt that way, not because of someone else telling you to - because peer pressure, in which the latter is sadly what occurs here for these 2 dorks.). The way it concludes itself definitely sends the right point across, which is definitely something welcome to see (IMHO) - after all, you're never too old for comic books, or cartoons - it's just about NOT letting it become an obsession as you grow older. Something a lot of people love to forget.

Friendzy (Mid Low Tier) -
Nah. didn't really like this one. I get some enjoyment of being that man on the floor that says whatever was going on HERE definitely worked better, as well as was much funnier, when Gumball did it, honestly. Just another episode I could easily gloss over as early S1 material (the show at its obvious weakest, IMHO.).

At least Tripped is up next, soon enough - and I won't spoil anything from there... I'll just state that was it was most definitely a High Tier 22-minute effort and something I'll be proud to watch again over this mess.

GAME OVER

JTZ

Head Poet's Anxiety: Definitely one of my favorite episodes of the show so far. Not really for the laughs, but the emotional level of it was top-notch for a cartoon, as well as how well it portrayed the ups and downs of the life of an artist. I nearly shed a tear at the end.

The Mad Scientist: The ending with the time machine felt a little off, but things usually get a little over-the-top when Lisa is involved. The episode was just the right mixture of funny and heartwarming, with Lisa realising that while she can make amazing breakthroughs in an isolated environment, she isn't the cold science machine she thought she was. My only minor complaint is that despitet the constant mention of Lisa's love for West coast rap, when she broke out into song they didn't let her drop the phat beats (yo).

Deal Me Out: Very cute Clincoln McCloud episode, even with some bits of backstory. The pacing was also really well with neither the new hobbies nor Lincoln and Clyde fallingb ack for Ace taking too much time. I also liked that the two kids at the beginning weren't depicted as super-jerks, just two guys who felt too old for Ace. Also, nice to have those teenage kids at the end show us all that we are never too old to watch cartoo- I mean Lincoln and Clyde don't have to give up Ace just because they grow up.

Friendzy: While seeing all those familiar faces was nice, the friends were all basically just extras. Granted, giving each of them lines and moments would have been overkill, but I wouldh ave loved to hear some more of Darcy or Sam. The episode just felt likei t didn't have much meat on its bones. Was still okay though. I especially liked the freeze-frame scenes with Lincoln.

@I.R.Shadow: You really need to start giving explanations for your colour coding.

ShadowBeast

The first three episodes I actually caught by accident. I kept forgetting that there were new episodes, but luckily caught them just right in time. The last one I remembered an hour and a half earlier.

Head Poet's Anxiety: A Luan and Lucy episode. Such a unique mix considering their personalities. Though Luan is able to scare her family like Lucy, even if it's mostly on April 1st. The bonding between them was so sweet and he running gag of Lynn Sr reacting to Lucy smiling was funny. I should've known that it would lead to an issue of Lucy unintentionally ruining Luan's dream of performing at the Royal Woods Theater. Of course Lucy tries to do right by not going, but Luan lets go of her pride and tells Lucy to go on anyway. This was my favorite episode of the week.

The Mad Scientist: After this episode, We should get more out of Lisa than the usual emotionless genius. This reminds me of a Jimmy Neutron episode where Jimmy went to college. Lisa assumed that she was too smart to have any emotional attachment, but she was proven dead wrong and started to miss her family.

Deal Me Out: We get a backstory of how Lincoln and Clyde became friends. A good episode. I'm still not a fan of Clyde and Flip got away with ripping people off. So those are the weak points. But the ending more than makes up it with having teenagers being fans of Ace Savy. It's like the community here being fans of something mostly intended for kids.

Friendzy: This had the weakest story, but I think it could've been a lot better as a half hour special since it felt a little rushed. I loved how during one of Lincoln's 4th wall breaks, he poked one of his sisters. Lincoln has only himself to blame for abusing the "friend over" power. Should've saved it for special occasions or spread it out, so the sisters wouldn't catch on. It was great that the siblings learned to take turns and it was funny how the parents ended up using the "friends over" excuse in the end.

Radical

Banned
Both Head Poet's Anxiety, Deal Me Out, and Friendzy were pretty sweet/enjoyable,

Great Lucy/Luan episode.
Both Lucy/Luan's major focus was great.
Nice seeing Grandpa Loud.
Luan being a mentor for Lucy was sweet, great chemistry for Lucy/Luan:D.
Lucy being a poet doing a sweet poem was great.
Luan getting over her jealousy still helping Lucy for the big theatre show was great.
Luan's great moment better than despicable psychopath Luan of April Fool's Day.
Lucy's poem at the end was sweet/touching:anime:.

Nice that the two kids in the beginning weren't super total jerkazoids.
I can relate on getting too old for stuff in life.
Lincoln/Clyde doing different hobbies was great, it won't last though.
Flip and his scenes were funny, that's why he's named Flip though.
Great flashback backstory on Lincoln/Clyde first meeting.
Lincoln/Clyde going back to loving Ace Savvy was great.
Lori's teenage classmates were great with them being Ace Savvy fans:D.
Great touching ending.

Lincoln doing the 4th wall break was great, nice seeing it again.
Lincoln inviting friends over to beat his sisters was great/funny, go Lincoln, hehehe:p.
The Loud sisters to one-up Lincoln on inviting friends over was funny.
Nice seeing Haiku and Darcy, Lisa still friends with Darcy was great:D.
The friends fighting was funny, hehehe.
Nice that Lincoln/The Loud sisters learned the lesson.
Poor Lincoln, but the Loud sisters deserved the punishment though.

jwongle26

Head Poet's Anxiety: Very good episode. I liked the chemistry displayed between Luan and Lucy. It could've had a few more jokes. The ending was fantastic. 9/10

The Mad Scientist: Average episode. I liked that we got a Lisa episode for once. Episode was not very funny, and pretty much just boring all around. 6/10

Deal Me Out: Good episode. Clyde's new voice actor was jarring in "Head Poet's Anxiety", but I got used to him quickly here. The bit with Flip was pretty funny. The moral of the episode was good as well. 8/10

Friendzy: After seeing the preview of it on Facebook, I went into this episode with low expectations. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this one. The bits with the friends weren't overdone, and there was a perfect amount of them. It was nice seeing Sam and Darcy again as well, however I would've liked to see some of them have actual lines in the episode. The episode was very predictable, especially the ending. 7/10

PF9

Putting Bleeps on a Streaming Show Is Stupid
I swear Lynn has a lot of toilet humor moments (2 already this season).

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Here's my review of Barbie And Stacie To The Rescue in honor of Cassandra Lee Morris's birthday.
so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!

Featured Posts