The Loud House - "City Slickers/Fool Me Twice" Talkback Thread [2/9/18]

ToonJay723

Staff member
Ronnie Anne is back for the first time in eight months, while Luan plans for her third annual April Fool's day.

Click here for the previous Talkback Thread
Click here for the next Talkback Thread
Click here for News & Discussion Thread

City Slickers
Episode 108 (Episode 305a)
Premieres Friday, February 9th @ 6:00 PM

When Lincoln and Lori visit the city, Lori struggles to be a city girl, while Lincoln finds out that Ronnie Anne has changed.

Fool Me Twice
Episode 109 (Episode 305b)
Premieres Friday, February 9th @ 6:15 PM

In order to avoid Luan's relentless April Fool's Day pranking, the Loud family hire stunt doubles.

Repeat Showings
February 10th @ 10:00 AM on Nickelodeon
February 10th @ 5:00 PM on Nickelodeon
February 11th @ 4:30 PM on Nickelodeon​

ShadowBeast

Fool Me Twice ended fantastically. Seems like the family is finally fighting back against Luan's pranks. Lynn Sr should cancel that check since the actors went against what they were paid to do.

Spirit49

Fool Me Twice had a great ending, glad to see them finally stand up for themselves. I know it is a cartoon but I feel like sometimes these episodes take it too far with the bad things happening to the family, but only the april fools episodes. I still found it funny, just a little bit annoying at parts.
Cityslickers I like what Ronnie Anne was doing in this episode and how the relationships between the characters were explored. This was a pretty good episode and am glad to see the family come back.

jjc927

City Slickers was alright but it felt pretty rushed and it wasn't super interesting. I did like the Mary Tyler Moore references (the Lori fantasy parts). Is this the first time Lori (and Bobby) mentioned college plans?

Loved Fool Me Twice. The beginning sequence, the stunt doubles, old man Lincoln, and Luan's pranks with the doubles were really funny and the ending as said was great.

jaylop97

Staff member
I enjoyed both episodes, but I feel that Fool me Twice was the better of the two.

City Slickers was good, I liked some the Lori parts for the most part because I feel that some issues that she suffered were highly relatable, sometimes city life can be a bit overwhelming but after time it things improve. As for Lincoln and Ronnie Anne's part, I feel that Ronnie Anne was milking it when it came to trying to impress the other kids, while it may have been to build street cred, I think that in the time she has been there it is disappointing that she would keep the truth from her friends. I think that yeah Lincoln was having it a bit rough here but I really like his voice of reason with her and that yeah he did put up with Ronnie Anne's fibbing.

Fool Me Twice, Oh boy I can't believe the Louds were able to find lookalikes that really managed to get most of their features compatible, I'm a sucker when it comes to instances where someone looks exactly the same as another, although Lincoln's clearly didn't look alike for understandable reasons. I felt it was funny that old Lincoln look-alike had a lot in common with Lincoln that's nice. Anyway, for the episode itself, I feel the family planned it all along, the actors I can imagine were in on it when it came to doing the things the family never does, to et back at Luan, same with the end I feel that they were obviously getting Luan, which seems like the family is starting to get ahead of Luan in pranking, this year compared to the other years it seems like Luan had less input and was more general here than the last few years. Other than that I do think the reaction scenes were a bit slow but other than that the episode was solid.

zoombie

City Slickers

Fine episode when I heard the episode description I was really what the new Ronnie Ann would be like and she is still the same Ronnie Ann.

I really don't mind a spinoff of this, and Ronnie Ann's friends are really cool, I like them actually more than Lincoln circle of friends.

So that one cousin he is suppose to be mentally challenged? Just wondering we don't see a lot of representation on these types of shows in a non mean spirited way.

So Lori city girl, I think that is suppose to reference to the openings of the Mary Tyler Moore Show and That Girl, a combo of both.

Good episode.

Fool Me Twice

I still hate these April Fools Day episodes, goes completely against what the show is about and what I like about the show. However of the three they have done this is the best of them.

One thing I slowly realized that redeems these episodes, is every time Luan always gets her come uppings as long as she doesn't completely win without any punishments, it is passable, I still wish they wouldn't do these episode, still at least do them right. Luan is the villain (which again goes against the show, this show rarely has villains let alone one of the Louds), she needs to get what she deserves and she always does.

ToonJay723

Staff member
City Slickers

Nice seeing Ronnie Anne and the Casagrade's again. Good to see Ronnie Anne was able to make new friends in her new city. At first when I watched this I thought she probably had a new boyfriend and didn't want him and Lincoln to meet. But it was just that she didn't want them to know she's not from the city.

Fool Me Twice

Not as funny as the first April Fools episode, but the ending was great. They finally got her back.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
City Slickers (Mid High Tier) - Glad to see Ronnie Annie and Lincoln are on good terms; Seriously, though - who in their right mind gets scared of where they're from before the city, anyway? I can understand if you have a negatively-impacting past you're trying to evade, but plenty of people who live in the city usually chose to leave country/suburban life behind, anyway. Ronnie Anne has image issues - hopefully, she'll continue to be over them, next time we see her, going forward.

Also, Lori's not use to city life - I'm all for seeing Lori suffer when she acts unlikable, but thank God that didn't take up the whole thing - that would have been really bad writing at work, IMHO. Hopefully, that won't be a problem the next time we ever visit this setting, either.

Still more watchable than the second segment is for me, anyway.

Fool Me Twice (Low Tier) - ..... Meh. The only good thing to come out of this is seeing Luan beat at the end without some cheap comeback at the end; that only makes this better than the last time they did this noise not even suitable for my background - the first time they did this is still better, but not anything worth revisiting for me. I called that stunt double nonsense as part of the scheme on display from a mile away, for one important thing to consider.

Seriously, only seeing Luan lose is what puts a smile on my face - such a weak character, IMHO. TBQH, the more episodes Luan gets that are like Funny Business and No Laughing Matter, instead of background noise like this, the better.

Take Care.

Dudley

Staff member
I’m glad they finally got back at Luann. She’s had it coming for a long time.
Still hope they continue to do the April Fools episodes once a season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Action!

City Slickers
It’s nice seeing Ronnie Ann again. Overall:6/10
Fool me Twice
Luan just went too far with the prank but at least they got Luan back.
Overall:5/10

JTZ

City Slickers was great! I’ve been dying to see more of the Casagrande family, and they are just as lively and funny as the first time they appeared, with so, so many great moments (absolute highlight: The moms picking up the controllers). And I’m glad that despite the premise stating she changed, Ronnie-Anne is still the same tough, cheeky tomboy as ever. The friendship between her and Lincoln was really cute (not even from a shipping perspective), and their conflict wasn’t too spiteful or over-the-top, but kind of relatable when considering Ronnie-Anne is new in town and probably was afraid she wouldn’t fit in with her new friends. Speaking of her friends, I really liked Ronnie-Anne’s clique with their diverse designs, even if they only had little screen-time. Topping it all of, Lori’s side-plot was perfectly executed, consisting of a small number of short scenes that were entertaining and didn’t distract from the main plot. In short, if they were going to make a spin-off about Ronnie-Anne and Casagrande family, this episode would have totally sold it to me. 5/5

Sadly, Fool me Twice just didn’t click with me. The part where they trained their doubles was the best about it. However, the montage about how Luan pranked them was just too drawn-out into the length, and to be honest wasn’t really funny. I don’t mind Luan pulling off cartoonish pranks like hiding punching gloves in the fridge or drowning others in gelatin, and an occasional psychological prank is good too. But just seeing her basically ruin everybody’s life (not really, but it was still harsh) felt like too much. Unlike the other April fool’s episodes, her pranks didn’t even feel clever or intricate. There also was no explanation how she found out about the stunt doubles. The ending was okay, though it was too obvious it was just a prank. There were no glaring issues that would make me hate the episode, but overall, it’s just very average with a lot of small faults and problems in its pacing. 2/5

So, I guess I got the best and the worst episode of the season so far.

Last edited:

GershonB

I loved how their prank made Luan think that she went too far. Might make her tone down her pranks next year.

Don't bet on it. She said that she was planning something special that year, but she plans to save it for next year.

ShadowBeast

Don't bet on it. She said that she was planning something special that year, but she plans to save it for next year.
But she said that before seeing her family ready to move. But yeah, I doubt she would tone it down next year. We can hope though.

JTZ

If they are doing another April fool's episode, I'd like to see some sort of all-out-war of pranks within the whole family, a bit like in that Big Time Rush episode. For instance, it starts with all the siblings trying to prank Luan back (instead of avoiding her pranks), but then they start betraying each other and eventually everyone tries to prank everyone in their own specific ways.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts