The Littles and Punky Brewster theme songs

Latest News & Videos

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
So tell me are the people who did the theme songs for the The Littles and the Punky Brewster cartoon the same people. I have heard both theme, and they sound similar, and I think they are sung by the same person. Am I wrong?

And they both made by different companies for different networks. The Littles was produced by DIC and aired on ABC, while the Punky Brewster was produced by Ruby Spears and aired on NBC.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
I don't hear the similarities either. The Littles is an annoying earworm. The Punky Brewster cartoon theme song is weirdly catchy.

Changing topics: The theme songs to Arrested Development and Bob's Burgers are identical. Discuss.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
There was a recent thread here that asked if DiC ever did anything worthwhile. And I responded that any company that created the theme song to Alf: The Animated Series is a good thing and has value.

PinkiePie97

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Aug 14, 2015
Massachusetts
Yes, both the themes to Punky Brewster and the Littles were written by the same people. They were both written by Haim Saban and Shuki Levy.
I misunderstood what the thread was asking myself at first, but he was asking if they were both sung by the same person.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
Speaking of the Punky Brewster theme, in the closing credits there is one shot of Punky and a ghost, was there ever an episode that had a ghost. That would be cool.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Speaking of the Punky Brewster theme, in the closing credits there is one shot of Punky and a ghost, was there ever an episode that had a ghost. That would be cool.
It could have been one of the victims the serial killer on the live-action show got. Or a kid that died drinking bleach or of being stuck and suffocated in a locked refrigerator.

This has been a Fone Bone reminder: Punky Brewster was freaking dark.

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
It could have been one of the victims the serial killer on the live-action show got. Or a kid that died drinking bleach or of being stuck and suffocated in a locked refrigerator.

This has been a Fone Bone reminder: Punky Brewster was freaking dark.
Tell me about it. And the thing is the cartoon is the exact opposite. It is silly and clearly just for little kids. It is a hard to find a Punky story that is not too silly that adults can enjoy, but also not to serious and intense that is going to give you nightmares. At least it didn't have a rape episode like that "Bicycle Man" episode of Diff'rent Strokes. Dam the 80's.

Reactions: Fone Bone

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Jan 19, 2004
Framingham, MA
Tell me about it. And the thing is the cartoon is the exact opposite. It is silly and clearly just for little kids. It is a hard to find a Punky story that is not too silly that adults can enjoy, but also not to serious and intense that is going to give you nightmares. At least it didn't have a rape episode like that "Bicycle Man" episode of Diff'rent Strokes. Dam the 80's.
Punky Brewster had heart, which is why kids responded to it, even if it was crappy qualitywise. Diff'rent Strokes was just cynical, and did a Very Special Episode on any horrible topic, no matter how inappropriate it was for the young kids who watched the show. Punky Brewster seemed to do those horrible things to teach kids lessons. Diff'rent Strokes did horrible things to trick parents into thinking it was doing the same thing. It wasn't the same thing. Not by a longshot.

Peter Paltridge

Too Hip For Spielberg
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
A lot of those drawings still have me curious....my theory is that they were pitch drawings meant to sell the show that were just used as decorations for the credits. To my knowledge, Punky and Glomer never get to ride a vacuum cleaner like a broom, no matter how great that would have been.

Reactions: Fone Bone

zoombie

Jan 23, 2007
New York
I was looking up some old Punky Brewster episodes the other day. And one episode of the cartoon that caught my eye "Mother Of The Year", the plot I think would have been a great plot for the main series. The plot is Cherie and Margaux take part in a mother / daughter event, and Punky feels left out.

That plot would have been great for the main Punky Brewster series, obviously it would be more serious. It would have been interesting to see what would have happened. In that episode of the cartoon, Margaux was very empathetic towards Punky and her situation, that is kind of out of character for her live action counter part, or maybe showing some character growth. I do remember in the early episodes she did look down on Punky for not having biological parents, though later on she was an ally in that 5 part episode in which Henry adopted Punky. So maybe that is just a season 1 thing.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I'm one of those people that's more familiar with Sonic's arch-enemy being called "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" rather than "Eggman".

As I mentioned, Melanie Minichino should definitely sing more.
it is kinda weird how despite Frozen being the highest grossing animated movie until Lion King 2019, there were no mainstream animated movies that tried to copy it, or at least accused of copying Frozen. I wonder why?
Just letting you guys know: I'm changing my username in two weeks. It's similar to the original, but a bit more wordy.
Asa
The last time a new SpongeBob premiered before KCA's was in March 2017.