"The Lion King (2019 Live-Action)" Pre-Release News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DecaTilde

Beauty is only fur deep.
Frank the Sausage as a different kind of sausage (in this instance, a warthog)? What'll Disney think of next?

As for the 2019 release, I think it would be fine to celebrate the film's 25th anniversary that year.

Light Lucario

Staff member
That's a shame. It's one of the more famous Disney villain songs. It isn't one of my favorites from the original movie, but it is pretty noticeable. At least they're keeping the other songs from the movie and I'm sure we'll have more new songs aside from the new ending theme.

Light Lucario

Staff member
It's possible that they wanted to give Scar a new villain song for the movie. It's just strange to leave out any of the songs when the music for the Lion King was one of the reasons why it became such a hit and they're all really recognizable.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Possibly some of the fascist undertones of the musical number spooked Disney in this political climate? Because I wouldn't have included that number either and for that exact reason.

Dr.Pepper

Color me disappointed. What’s the logic in getting rid of it? Be Prepared was my favorite song from the original. I am still interested in this movie.

Light Lucario

Staff member
Possibly some of the fascist undertones of the musical number spooked Disney in this political climate? Because I wouldn't have included that number either and for that exact reason.

I forgot about that. That could have been a reason why. Although, I thought that the fascist undertones had more to do with the visuals than the song itself, particularly with the hyenas marching in front of Scar. Still, if that was their reason for taking the song out, I wouldn't blame them a bit.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
I forgot about that. That could have been a reason why. Although, I thought that the fascist undertones had more to do with the visuals than the song itself, particularly with the hyenas marching in front of Scar. Still, if that was their reason for taking the song out, I wouldn't blame them a bit.
It was definitely the visuals, but if they took those specifics visuals out of the sequence, it would not be what it was. Which may be why this movie just dropped it instead.

durian

Too many remakes. The original was just as good. Nowadays, they just make it live action or a spin-off of the original one.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
I know the trend right now is to hate on remakes, but the first teaser is out, and it's really solid.

The narration gave me chills, and the effects look just as realistic as the Jungle Book's. I really think this may be something special.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

so, with primal screen going down, I wonder how that affected Cartoon Network since they using that studio to do the bumpers for years now, are they going to start working with the animation studio who did the bumpers for adult swim now
It is now officially 20 years since I joined here.
I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.

Featured Posts