"The Lego Batman Movie" Theatrical Feature Pre-Relase News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Wow, a Lego Batman movie focusing on Will Arnett's Batman? That sounds like it could be really interesting, and will probably be super hilarious :p.

Seeing the director of The Lego Movie take a trip into the DC Lego-verse, or at least the Batman side of it, could be really fun :).

CoolEric158

She rocks both ways.
Jan 19, 2013
Pennsylvania
So Lego Movie 2, Ninjago, and Lego Batman...I loved the movie, but I really hope Warner Animation Group doesn't oversaturate these guys. Surely these guys have new ideas.

Dudley

Staff member
Aug 10, 2003
East Coast of USA
www.dtoons.com
So Lego Movie 2, Ninjago, and Lego Batman...I loved the movie, but I really hope Warner Animation Group doesn't oversaturate these guys. Surely these guys have new ideas.
That's what I'm worried as well. At this rate, they'll be a Lego Movie each year, or in the case of 2017, two a year. since Lego Movie 2 comes out the same year.
I was expecting good things from Warner Animation Group, but this doesn't seem like a good idea at all.
Still I'm looking forward to this more than the Ninjago movie.

Otaku-sempai

Sep 10, 2010
Lackawanna, NY
So, we have the first animated Batman movie to get a wide theatrical release since Batman: Mask of the Phantasm--and it is a Lego movie?Kinda cool, but still weird.

JoeMabbon

Private
Aug 8, 2014
Iacon
This is pretty surprising. I thought they'd at least wait until Lego Movie 2, before doing a big spinoff like this.

Greg91

Reporter
Dec 30, 2013
Canada
I'm surprised no one mentioned this yet but: Lord And Miller On The Lego Batman Movie | Movie News | Empire

New news for The Lego Batman Movie. In between Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham and Lego DC Comics: Batman Be-Leaguered, it's a good time to be a Lego Batman fan. Actually, it's a good time to be a Batman fan in general.

Anyways, the Lego Batman film is planning to acknowledge all eras of Batman filmmaking. I can only imagine the awesome jokes they could fit in. Explosive bomb, shark repellent, bell tower fight, ninjas, nurse Joker (in respective fashion), Prince music, Danny Elfman score, etc. The references in this movie could be beautiful.

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
Aug 26, 2001
Not of your damn business
www.zimed.net
Trailer is out and it already looks like a vastly better movie than BvS

USA Today ran a feature the other day with more details and images as well.
The story is set around the solitary figure in his killer hide-out — all the Batsuits and silk kimonos he wants — but whose main relationship is with his butler Alfred (voiced by Ralph Fiennes). Batman’s world upends with the introduction of Dick Grayson (or Robin, voiced by Michael Cera) and Barbara Gordon (or Batgirl, voiced by Rosario Dawson).

“Batman is an island onto himself, the only thing he doesn’t have is relationships,” says McKay. “We're making About a Boy as directed by (action director) Michael Mann.”

Besides Batman’s nemesis The Joker (voiced by Zach Galifianakis), McKay’s team has included female roles in the traditionally “guy-centric” Bat-story. Mariah Carey voices Gotham's mayor, for example. Batman will also be joined by a league of superhero friends.

Reactions: 2 people

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
Wow, that looks like it's going to be amazing. You can definitely see they're taking the animation and humor/story style of The Lego Movie but applying it entirely to Batman (and to an extent DC) and so far it looks hilarious :D.

And the Batcomputer is GLaDOS. Of course it's GLaDOS :p.

So from the summary, it sounds like we're going to be seeing Batman dealing with the sidekicks, Robin and Batgirl, cramping his "solo cool brooding dark avenger" style. We're even getting the Justice League in this movie too :cool:.

Troy Troodon

Jan 16, 2014
Wow, that looks like it's going to be amazing. You can definitely see they're taking the animation and humor/story style of The Lego Movie but applying it entirely to Batman (and to an extent DC) and so far it looks hilarious :D.

And the Batcomputer is GLaDOS. Of course it's GLaDOS :p.

So from the summary, it sounds like we're going to be seeing Batman dealing with the sidekicks, Robin and Batgirl, cramping his "solo cool brooding dark avenger" style. We're even getting the Justice League in this movie too :cool:.
Best part is that it's probably going to be a much better directed, produced, and written film than what Zack Snyder made.

Reactions: Frontier
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I almost wanted to dedicate a thread to this guy and make up some thoughts on the current state of things...
But this guy just comes off like another whiner / obvious weeb.

What do you think??? Is this no better than that 3 hour long Rant I dug up on Steven Universe also making unfair jabs at cartoons in general? I think he is.
I'm now going to read some old toonzone forums posts here to see what people thought about cartoons back then online. I will start with Disney forum. Is anybody interested about this site's dark past?
An Ariana Grande song covered by Charlotte, Coop & Cami for Cami's 13th birthday.
Happy 5th Anniversary to Harvey Beaks!
One of the coziest shows ever.
Happy birthday to Meagan Smith and Paul Eiding. It's quite the coincidence that the original voice artists of (Kid) Gwen Tennyson and Max Tennyson share the same birthday.