"The Last Kids On Earth" News And Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter
Last year, an animated series based on Max Brallier's book series, Last Kids On Earth, was announced to come out in 2019 on Netflix. He and Scott Peterson (story editor for The Replacements, Phineas And Ferb, and Milo Murphy's Law) are executive producers. Flash forward 1 year, and the voice cast is announced. It includes Finn Wolfhard, Montse Hernandez , Charles Demers, Mark Hamill, Rosario Dawson, Catherine O’Hara, Keith David, Bruce Campbell, and Garland Whitt . Atomic Cartoons is also attached to the series.

Jennifer Muro is also writing for the series, as are Joshua Pruett and Haley Mancini (who's also doing a voice)

Last edited:

Mandouga

I looked it up on Google and found the author's official website. Apparently this is supposed to be a comedy?

Either way, so there's a zombie apocalypse, and these three characters are (seemingly) the only ones who can stop it.

It looks interesting, but with zombie apocalypse stories, they tend to be more likely to be horror stories, but since this is a family production, I'm fairly sure that it won't be too scary.

So from the first book's initial description, it looks like the show could be either or; it could either focus more on the solution, reminding everyone that there's always hope, and having them win most (though I would prefer all) of their battles, or it could take the more predictable route of focusing more on the problem (like a number of other zombie apocalypse stories which will remain nameless), and constantly reminding everyone of what they have face all for the sake of spur-of-the-moment drama. I also hope it focuses on the actual story, and not on their personal problems (you know, to make them "relatable"* to everyone). We're here for a story about these characters fighting zombies, not another metaphorical comedy/drama that could be done without the "zombie apocalypse" setting.

Having said all this however, I do realize that whatever the books are like, that's probably what the show will have...

*A word that may not mean what some people think it means...

Takao

Fight the darkness all around
IIRC this is the first show being produced at Atomic Cartoons' studio in Ottawa.

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

It comes out in fall. More will be revealed tomorrow.
The date is September 17.

Last edited:

SweetShop209

Reporter
Staff member
Reporter

According to this tweet, James Corrigal is the Canadian voice director. Given that this show uses a pretty even mix of American and Canadian voice actors, I assume there will be both a Canadian voice director and an American voice director, like how Charlie Adler and Cindy Akers worked on Sabrina : Secrets Of A Teenage Witch , or how the recent Barbie movies , that have Erica Lindbeck and Stephanie Sheh alongside those like Shannon Chan Kent and Cathy Weseluck, have both Terry Klassen and Collette Sunderman as the voice directors.

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
Thought it was alright, I like the concept and art direction but I really don't like the characters especially the lead. Can we please stop having obnoxious mcs who are way into their love interest to the point it becomes kinda creepy/

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Gave up 10 seconds in when he tricked a monster with the "made you look" cliche, that's a major signal of horrible writing I do not want to waste my time with.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts