"The Joker" Pre-Release News and Discussion Thread

• Enter to win two tickets to MIRAI plus Merch. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,990 5 1
the point of no return

rggkjg1

Nov 25th or 27th 2018
Mar 2, 2002
Ratings
Cinemark 16 on Nov 25th
www.myspace.com
None of this makes any sense, someone at WB needs to clarify everything.

http://www.cbr.com/ben-affleck-batman-film-not-dceu/
When I read The Batman not part of the DCEU, I automatically assume it's it own separate new thing. Do they mean exactly that, or will the movie be in the DCEU, but just stick ONLY with and to Batman? Do a DCEU "prequel" with this Batman movie with and show us what happened to Robin if we're constantly going be be reminded of his death in upcoming films.

http://www.cbr.com/joker-movie-martin-scorsese/
Warner Bros. will unleash this Joker origin movie under an as-yet-untitled new banner, which will house a range of DC properties that exist outside of the DC Extended Universe. As with this Joker origin film, the banner will put different actors in the roles of iconic DC characters.
Is the whole entire DCEU falling apart? Instead of doing a new banner, why don't they just make everything assumed/implied it's in a shared universe? They don't have to go out of the way in every single movie to remind us the universe is shared. We understand it, even if there is no reference to other things we've seen or will see. At this point we all expect everything in Marvel and DC to be in a shared universe anyway.

My main point is this - If WB is just saying screw it and making movies both in and outside the shared universe at the same exact time, I say we apply this simple (lack of) logic WB is doing with their films and make EVERY DC CHARACTER up for grabs for use in the shared CW universe. That means more presence for Superman. That means no more ditching characters/concepts on the TV shows in favor of a movie (Suicide Squad on Arrow). And that especially means to finally bring Batman in on the shared CW universe.

the greenman

Jul 24, 2006
Ratings
2,990 5 1
the point of no return
The one thing, I just thought of is the Venom-verse. SONY making certain they'll keep making Spidey by getting their own side universe. While obviously differences aside, WB is staking claim outside of their very shaky shared universe.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Ratings
11,316 19
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
MMA fighter and actor/comedian Brendan Schaub, talked about the movie on this week's Joe Rogan Experience.
My boy Todd Feldman put this together with Todd Phillips,” he explained. “It’s dark. It’s, like, a dark Joker. As a kid, he had a permanent smile and everyone made fun of him. It’s, like, on the streets of Brooklyn. It’s super-dark and real.
Yeah, there's a lot wrong with that description...

Spideyzilla

Staff member
Jul 23, 2008
Ratings
730 2
Canada
It's looking to me like DC is intent on setting up the multiverse, and sowing seeds for future crossovers. Crisis on Infinite Earths, perhaps at some point? I do know that stuff like this is going to enormously confuse the general moviegoing public, who have shown signs they may already be slowly falling out of love with comic book movies. But that remains to be seen.

As for this movie... man oh man, I never in a million years we thought we'd see the day where Martin Scorsese, arguably one of the greatest filmmakers of the past several decades, would be involved in a comic book origin story about the Joker. I'd love to hear the meeting where he agreed to do this. I'm not a fan of the Joker getting his own movie, I've always been a believer that he works best in smaller doses, but I admit that the names involved have me intrigued.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Ratings
11,582 46
Sherman Oaks CA
Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play Joker.

This would be a very interesting choice. He's already almost appeared in a few CBMs, so maybe this will be the one to finally snag him.
Phoenix has always been kind of iffy about being in Superhero movies, so I'm curious if they could actually nail him down for this.

I guess I can see where WB would be coming from in approaching him for Joker.

Gold Guy

Ride On
Staff member
Dec 14, 2008
Ratings
2,777 6
New York City
Phoenix has always been kind of iffy about being in Superhero movies, so I'm curious if they could actually nail him down for this.
Even though he has that rep, I honestly believe he might do this one. Apparently, he doesn't like to sign multi-film contracts, so roles like Dr. Strange and Lex Luthor wouldn't work out. But since this film seems like it'll be a one-and-done deal, I hope that encourages him to sign up.

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

SweetShop209 wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
Hey there. I want to ask something. For "Streamtopia", since preschool shows aren't talked about online that much, I'm thinking of creating 2 cumulative threads for Netflix and Amazon's preschool shows so that any news can just be posted there instead of individual threads. May I have permission to post them?
Happy 20th birthday to PPG. Even in the good times and the bad times, you're still a show worth watching.
Holy smokes! Churned out 15 freaking pages of the latest Gilda and Meek today! I am in the freaking zone and so happy with how things are going in the final issue I will be posting on Toon Zone.
Asa
Happy 90th birthday to Mickey, 20th birthday to PPG, and 30th birthday to LBT & O&C.
Happy 20th Birthday to the one, the only... THE POWERPUFF GIRLS!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCA1cifF4fY