"The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials" Talkback

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
I have the Charlie Brown New Year's special. I know where it is if Pete wants it. I also found some new years with Dick Clark where we all rang in the year 1992. Don't know where that tape went, though.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
I have the Charlie Brown New Year's special. I know where it is if Pete wants it. I also found some new years with Dick Clark where we all rang in the year 1992. Don't know where that tape went, though.
That one actually aired on ABC for a while (it was actually the last Peanuts special aired on ABC before the rights lapsed), so I wouldn't say it's misfit.

I was surfing through the channels and stumbled upon Disney Junior airing this winter-themed series called Snowsnaps, which could be considered a misfit as it only seems to air seasonally like The Secret World of Santa Claus. Only clips are online, but it would make a good suggestion.

Speaking of which, when will this year's first Misfit come around?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Speaking of which, when will this year's first Misfit come around?
It's sitting on my computer half-done while every other thing gets in my way. Normally December brings with it a slowdown in my freelance work, but for some bewildering reason, not this year. I can't get a single ^%$^#% break to write a single &^%^&&^% thing for myself.

I'm sick of just doing three every year, I feel like that lets everyone down, but that's usually all the schedule allows and this time it's even harder to work on it. I HATE THIS.

dth1971

Banned
It's sitting on my computer half-done while every other thing gets in my way. Normally December brings with it a slowdown in my freelance work, but for some bewildering reason, not this year. I can't get a single ^%$^#% break to write a single &^%^&&^% thing for myself.

I'm sick of just doing three every year, I feel like that lets everyone down, but that's usually all the schedule allows and this time it's even harder to work on it. I HATE THIS.
NO ISLAND OF MISFIT CHRISTMAS SPECIAL ENTRY FOR 2020??? BOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
Hey! You got one done. Annebelle’s wish is a nice-enough movie, but it’s not something you need to see again & again.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
I remember watching this special in my elementary school Language Arts class one year (I had to go to a different classroom for that subject for whatever reason) as one of the movies our teacher would show us on Fridays (usually, this would be a Reading Rainbow episode taped from PTV Park-era PBS). I remember the crazy aunt, and for some reason my mind always thought she was from one of the American Tail movies (which we also watched in school). We also watched another potential misfit special, The Tangerine Bear (complete with original commercials!), in the same class.

pacman000

It’s root bear & a candy cigar!
The Tangerine Bear’s nice. Tho I’ve got to wonder how the store owner plans to stay in business if he’s grown so attached to his stock that he can’t sell it.

Dsneybuf

Wow, you reviewed the only Hallmark Christmas movie I can recall watching, though I didn't recognize it as one at the time.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
It also used to run on Teletoon here in Canada back in the aughts, but I never watched it all the way through.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Yes, you will get at least two more before Christmas is here. There was one I discovered recently that was just so bonkers I had to (1) do it right away and (2) save it for last, so it'll be the capper for this year.

I also just found a recording of one I did a long time ago from memories, so I might redo that one.

Anyway, I'm surprised he didn't cover this cartoon years ago, but here it is....

Zorak Masaki

Speaking of which, there's a sequel to that song by Dr. Elmo that obviously wasnt in the special (mainly because Grandma survived in that one):

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Speaking of which, there's a sequel to that song by Dr. Elmo that obviously wasnt in the special (mainly because Grandma survived in that one):

Actually, that was in the special. It was the song the Grandpa randomly sang when that lady was trying to get him to sign the contract.

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

CNC
am I the only one who thinks Berdly reminds me of Mordecai?
The Count: That's seven, seven shows rejected by Nickelodeon. Ah ah ah!

Apparently, Cassandra Peterson has been in a relationship with a woman for 19 years.

Is there a name for the art style Google and other companies use in their advertising? It has to have an official name if so many groups are using it.

Featured Posts