"The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
I don't know what this next song is called, despite hearing it a billion times in my life. This is how it starts: "Bells will be ringing the sad sad news....oh what a Christmas to have the blues...."
Please Come Home for Christmas. You're welcome.

Some other thoughts:
  • I don't have a problem with non-Christmas songs showing up in Christmas specials/albums/etc. as long as they're themed in the spirit of the season. Favorite Things fits in snugly alongside the holiday songs of old - Sound of Music is usually shown around Christmastime. That said, a local Christmas concert/show in my area has some especially egregious uses of non-Christmas songs - this year's show (I didn't see it, they just posted the setlist in a Facebook group I'm in) featured, alongside actual holiday standards, such bangers as Supermarket Flowers, I'm Still Here, Born This Way, and Chandelier (which seemingly was put in solely because they had a chandelier that an aerialist could actually dangle from).
  • If you want a REALLY good singing show, look no further than The Masked Singer. The mystery element gives it an edge over the other singing shows.
  • It's true that The Voice hasn't spawned any real big stars like Kelly, but Melanie Martinez has made quite a name for herself, and even THEN she never won.

mimitchi33

Bokura zettai akiramenai!
Jul 5, 2010
Another recommendation I'd like to make is A Very Minty Christmas, the My Little Pony G3 Christmas special. It premiered on Disney Channel during their Playhouse Disney block and on Toon Disney, I believe around the same time as the Timothy Tweedle special I posted.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
You know who else eats Corn Flakes? MY MOM! Sorry, I couldn't resist.

P.S. Two other people/YTP folk I'm acquainted with made a collaborative review of Shrek the Halls. Check it out, will ya?

S. Crow

Corporate Casual!
Nov 10, 2015
Have you ever considered reviewing "The Legend of Frosty the Snowman," a DTV sequel to the Rankin/Bass original from 2004? Patrick Star voices Frosty and it's very mediocre.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Opinion changed from The 7D. I didn't like it, because it's often more bland despite the animation and the writing as well. It's kinda more like Teen Titans Go! I don't even blame on Parry Gripp's music.
Has anyone seen the new Sonic the Hedgehog movie yet? I just did and I LOVED IT! It was such a fun and heartwarming movie and I can't wait to see more of Sonic in the sequel (if it gets made)!
You think the 2016 reboot is the worst entry in the Powerpuff Girls franchise? That honor actually goes to "Powerpuff Girls Z". How about that?
I'm one of those people that's more familiar with Sonic's arch-enemy being called "Dr. Ivo Robotnik" rather than "Eggman".

As I mentioned, Melanie Minichino should definitely sing more.