"The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials" Talkback

Latest News & Videos

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
He's done two movies for this series so far: Twelve Wishes of Christmas and Grumpy Cat's Worst Christmas Ever. In this case both were TV movies. Not sure if this was or not.
Cinema Snob's reviewed this one as well:

Jun 5, 2017
Ratings

There was another Snowden special; I think this is the one I remember. Traditional animation. Snowden appears in a forest each year & plays with anthromorphic animals, but one of the animals wants to keep Snowden all to herself.

From what I remember it's cute, but I never liked it. Thought Snowden was trying to replace Frosty.

mimitchi33

Kiratto PriChan, On Air!
Jul 5, 2010
Ratings
76 1
My guesses given the page you used as a hint for the next special is that it's either The Bells of Fraggle Rock (due to the Fraggle Rock float), Hello Kitty: Santa's Missing Hat (due to the Hello Kitty commercial), the Smurfs Christmas special (due to the Smurfs commercial) or that we finally get to see Yogi's First Christmas (due to the Yogi balloon). And it's not also not A Chipmunk Christmas since you already covered it!

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Maybe for Stan Lee he's gonna do a Marvel-related selection, judging by the presence of Spidey and Cap. Or maybe he's gonna do A Diva's Christmas Carol since Vanessa Williams starred in it.
More possibilities: Joey Lawrence, KITT, Charley Pride, Peter Billingsley, Olive Oyl, a character on that Comic Stars float, Woody Woodpecker, Superman.
EDIT: Realized this is post #666 in this thread. noice.

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Here it is:
The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials

Every year I think, "This time I'm gonna do a bunch of them early so I can run as many as possible." Ten minutes later, it's Thanksgiving weekend and I think "okay, that snuck up quickly, so much for that....better get started." Ten minutes after that, it's December 11 and I think "AAAAAAHHHHH!"

mimitchi33

Kiratto PriChan, On Air!
Jul 5, 2010
Ratings
76 1
That was a pretty cool special to look at. I never knew it was a Hanna Barbera crossover! Many people had been waiting for that special (it was first requested on this thread over a decade ago).
And as for Poopsies (the ad shown at the end), they're coincidentally this year's hot toy. Whenever I go to the stores, they are sold out. And they also sell this unicorn doll that makes the slime for you that's just as popular (I've seen it sell for double the price!).

mimitchi33

Kiratto PriChan, On Air!
Jul 5, 2010
Ratings
76 1
If so, I have the complete 1983 version of Rudolph.
He already did an old airing of Rudolph. Maybe he could do Frosty, The Year Without A Santa Claus or A Garfield Christmas? And speaking of Garfield, maybe a Garfield and Friends Full Experience when it's not Christmas?
And here's some more misfits:

Last edited:

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
And as for Poopsies (the ad shown at the end), they're coincidentally this year's hot toy. Whenever I go to the stores, they are sold out. And they also sell this unicorn doll that makes the slime for you that's just as popular (I've seen it sell for double the price!).
I thought remaking Jingle All The Way would be a terrible idea -- until now. We need a movie where Dwayne Johnson has to track down a pooping unicorn!

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
Poopsies is the second coming of Gak. But with ads that aren't as severely repeated (I'm not sure since I haven't watched much TV in years).

There was already a Jingle All the Way sequel that was about Mater's voice actor finding some girl toy. There was no unicorn poo involved but that's kind of similar.
Also I think I saw Yogi's First Christmas back in the day on YTV. I just remember this special where Yogi and other people went to a resort and sang songs.

twilicorn

Dec 4, 2015
Ratings
SO MUCH PAIN
I know you said you would never do the iconic specials, but have you ever considered doing a "full experience" version where you also include the ads, kind of like what you did for that 1979 airing of Rudolph?
or a rundown of an alternate version? After June died I suggested that as a tribute Peter do the original version of Frosty that included all her voice tracks. He never went through on that.

Jun 5, 2017
Ratings
Sounds like Yogi's First Christmas had one main attraction: Kids got to see a bunch of Hanna Barbera characters acting together.

Today the characters aren't famous anymore, so there's little point to it.

That's just what happens over time; at one time Barney Google was the most important man in America:

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

Should I come back honestly? I don't think anybody missed me, but idk.
DC Superhero Girls, Infinite Train, Victor & Valentino, Thundercats Roar, Care Bears: Unlock The Magic, High Guardian Spice, Owl House, Amphibia, The Steven Universe Movie, She-Ra S2 and on, MLP S9/New Equestria Girls Specials, Rescue Bots Academy, Season 2 of Craig of the Creek, New OK KO Let's Be Heroes,etc. So much awesome animated content coming in 2019 it's crazy!! Its a great time to be a fan of animation!!
https://youtu.be/OGaZr1-0O7o Hey if Wolverine can be rated-R, and if Harley Quinn can get an R-rated animated series, plus if John Bloddy Constantine can be in Justice League Action, I can't see why Deadpool can't be PG-13.
>Voltron's final season
>Spiderverse hits theaters
>end of finals week

Friday can't come soon enough.