"The Island of Misfit Christmas Specials" Talkback

• Enter to win two tickets to Whisper of the Heart. Details here.

Latest News & Videos

mimitchi33

I love Aloysius Pig!
Jul 5, 2010
Funny review!
Also, I'm Too Sexy was sung by Right Said Fred.
Are you gonna do a third one?

Gear3dGryph0n

Aug 20, 2014
Damnation Alley
A movie that riffs itself for you. Truly a remarkable marvel of the communication age. Watch out, self-driving car and 3D printer.

In all truth, though, I think they were aiming to tap into the Internet's obsession with the "so-bad-it's-good", basically being the Sharknado of holiday movies.

Last edited:

mimitchi33

I love Aloysius Pig!
Jul 5, 2010
Thank you for sharing my favorite special with everyone! I love the poem you wrote, and the Mumfie tampons joke! It reminded me of this real product, which I had at one point:

Correction: Nick Jr. aired Mumfie in the UK, not the US.
Also, you mentioned Clarence at the end, when in 2009, you said you couldn't take requests from cable, and in another article, you mentioned Teen Titans Go. Does this mean you can finally do stuff from cable?

mimitchi33

I love Aloysius Pig!
Jul 5, 2010
There's also Pokemon maxis out there.

Also: Would you be ok with referencing this commercial in a future misfit?
I hope he does.
(Ironically, I had Dairy Queen for dinner two nights ago).

EDIT: I was just watching the Disney parade this morning, and they had the nerve to repeat some segments from the Thanksgiving special!

Last edited:

Zorak Masaki

May 6, 2002
Visit site
It's a year early, but would the Smurfs Christmas specials count? Bart Simpson made a quick reference to them in the first episode of the Simpsons, but i dont think i've seen them on tv since the 80s (unless they showed up on Cartoon Network or Boomerang).

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
would A Very Murray Christmas count as a misfit? (Not to be confused with How Murray Saved Christmas; this one has Bill Murray hosting some variety special that goes awry. I mainly know it from Phoenix's version of "Alone on Christmas Day", which I found through Google Play Music and not from the special, oddly enough.)

mimitchi33

I love Aloysius Pig!
Jul 5, 2010
would A Very Murray Christmas count as a misfit? (Not to be confused with How Murray Saved Christmas; this one has Bill Murray hosting some variety special that goes awry. I mainly know it from Phoenix's version of "Alone on Christmas Day", which I found through Google Play Music and not from the special, oddly enough.)
I've never heard of it, so it would be good there.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
Dec 4, 2015
SO MUCH PAIN
would you consider VH1's "I Love The Holidays" as a misfit? It's definitely a misfit in the lineup of "I Love..." specials (especially since it's almost never been rerun since 2005). It also broadens the scope of most holiday specials - it's a Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and New Year's special all at once, with segments related to an aspect of each holiday. So it would be fun to hit that nail on the head. In case you're wondering, I do have a copy and could send one to you before the year's done.

mimitchi33

I love Aloysius Pig!
Jul 5, 2010
would you consider VH1's "I Love The Holidays" as a misfit? It's definitely a misfit in the lineup of "I Love..." specials (especially since it's almost never been rerun since 2005). It also broadens the scope of most holiday specials - it's a Christmas, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Hanukkah and New Year's special all at once, with segments related to an aspect of each holiday. So it would be fun to hit that nail on the head. In case you're wondering, I do have a copy and could send one to you before the year's done.
Wow, now that's something rare. You can only find clips of it online and not the whole show.

Gear3dGryph0n

Aug 20, 2014
Damnation Alley
Anyone ever find or hear anything about The Christmas Special Christmas Special? It was apparently a Christmas special about the history of Christmas specials that had aired on Trio in the early 2000s and had pop culture figures as hosts.

All I could find on it was a Wikipedia stub and a few database pages. Not an easy show to Google due to its ambiguous title.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Carlos Gutierrez wrote on PinkiePie97's profile.
I really do need to see Unikitty, Puppycorn, Dr. Fox, Hawkodile, and Richard come back for more new adventures this summer!
Happy Father's Day to all dads out there (including my own)!
Homestar Runner was trending yesterday and I didn't notice. Is the series all up ons again?
Amphibia looks pretty deece so far. The premise is like the isekai anime genre, except the main protagonist isn't stuck in a typical fantasy RPG world that most isekai anime take place in.