Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
http://www.platypuscomix.net/hollywood/misfitsindex.html

A place for all the unloved. There are so many, I may make this an annual deal and add more every season. Let me know what you'd like to see covered here.

I was also going to add a couple videos, but deadline didn't allow it. They'll be around in a day or two...

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
I'm surprised you saved my old screencaps for "The Wish That Changed Christmas."

On a related note: Christmas In Tattertown
I didn't; those were all that was left on the article when I had to look it up on archive.org. You were the only one with screenshots, and they're not on your site anymore, so I hoped you didn't mind. I also sent you a PM a few days ago asking if you had the rest, but it's too late now.

O

oozlefinch

Wow, first of all, thanks for the article. Never realized that the special 'It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown' was only played once. I grew up watching the copy my parents taped from the premeire, with the "brought to you by SHELL GASOLINE!" ads tacked in. (and something about the energizer bunny, if I recall correctly)

Crazy how they don't play it anymore. The voice actors seem to have a feel for what they're saying (I think it's most evident in Peppermint Patty), and David Benoit doesn't go outright emulating Guaraldi's style most of the time(how he does it now just irritates me).

But yeah.. all in all it's better 'cause it's a lot more than just kids phonetically reading comic strips.

Now, A Pinky and a Brain Christmas.... I think I'm going to cry just thinking about it..... fjord. It's criminal that it doesn't air.. it's billions of times better than what the WB played this year, 'Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer'... which is so poorly done it'll make any scrooge instantly weep. It's so bad even calling it a 'Misfit' Christmas Special would be giving it too much recognition, if only by acknowledging it's existence. Agh.

James Brown died. Ouch. But let's all remain funky and have a good day, X-Mas or otherwise.

"Mary never wore glasses!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Greg1

Ness Vet
Jun 20, 2006
www.pop-area.com
I didn't; those were all that was left on the article when I had to look it up on archive.org. You were the only one with screenshots, and they're not on your site anymore, so I hoped you didn't mind. I also sent you a PM a few days ago asking if you had the rest, but it's too late now.
Oh, my bad. Yeah, I still have all the images somewhere, I do intend to repost that article at some point along with all the other missing ones. Anyway, it's alright that you used them. :)

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
"and Kazooie--I mean, Drummer the surly bear"
Did you mean Banjo?

Beautiful homage to PatB Christmas :3

The Charlie Brown one.. I think I remember where he was trying to get his girlfriend the gloves but she got them from her mom.. you sure this only aired once?
It did only air once. And I did mean Kazooie--I was comparing the two characters in personality, not species.

J. B. Warner

Increasing my wordiness
Nov 20, 2003
Ratings
Anywhere you're not
I have "It's Christmastime Again, Charlie Brown" on video somewhere (I got it when Shell stations were giving them out with a purchase of at least $25 worth of gas). It comes nowhere close to topping "A Charlie Brown Christmas", obviously, but it far outstrips "I Want a Dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown" on just about every level.

And now I'm sorely disappointed that I haven't yet purchased "Pinky and the Brain: Volume 1". I must see the Christmas special and make it an annual tradition.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
797 6
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Just so you know: I'm not counting A Garfield Christmas as misfit. It ran for many years, and too many people have fond memories of it.

Thanks for the link though. I wasn't aware one was allowed to upload a solid 22 minute video (everything I've seen on YouTube has been in pieces lasting ten minutes at the most).