The History of Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends

Latest News & Videos

Zorak Masaki

May 6, 2002
Visit site

Pretty good video, aside from the "fact" that Human Torch wasnt used because they were afraid kids would set themselves on fire (something thats long since been debunked). For some reason, I dont remember Ms. Lion being that much a part of the show, at least the episodes I saw.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Feb 27, 2008
177A Bleecker Street
I'll give this a watch. I always like finding out new (to me) info about these older shows, and this is definitely one of my top faves. There's just something about it that always charms me.

On another note, while I wouldn't have minded a guest appearance, I'm glad that Johnny Storm wasn't part of the show's cast. This show wouldn't have been the same without Firestar to balance things out a little. It's a shame that Marvel Comics didn't do more interesting things in the 80s with her and Iceman to really capitalize on the show's popularity.

Ms Lion will stay in your mind when episodes like 7 Little Superheroes and Prison Plot are stuck in your head. She wasn't nearly as annoying as some other cartoon animals but her moments did feel very unnecessary. I can only imagine how Lightning would have turned out on that Daredevil show.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: K7P5V

K7P5V

Aug 6, 2017
I love the Amazing Friends, and Firestar is my favorite character on the show. I hope every season of "Spider-Man & His Amazing Friends" will be collected in either a DVD set or on Blu-Ray.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"Steamed Hams" is airing right now!
I decided it's time to make some changes for my life.. I will have to spend less time on animesuperhero site, so I need some more time to do some more work.
Red Arrow wrote on RegularCapital's profile.
Glad you're back :)
Alien News Desk is actually kinda funny. No one talks about it though, of course.
Any news about the "Magia Record" anime?