The Grand Unified Abridged Series' Talkback Thread (...Spoilers?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series Talkback (...Spoilers?)

If you've ever watched a couple of episodes of the 4Kids Yu-Gi-Oh! dub or a fan of the show in general, then you're in for a real treat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w71V2E3VC5s&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWBHoHT9lYw&mode=related&search=
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-7UX1xSEfU&mode=related&search=

Yu-Gi-Oh! The Abridged Series is a weekly series that basically dubs over the 4Kids versions of Yu-Gi-Oh! within a few minutes while making fun of the VA's. Yet they add in their own random twists and pop culture references from Titanic to FLCL. It's one of the best anime parodies out there. Each episode gets better and better in terms of quality and humor. I've been screaming more quotes from this than "The Juggernaut" video all week. :anime:

Conan-san

You seen the one where they spoof off the evangelion opening?

It realy shows this guy (who is a brit!) has done his homework (Bonkoustu Duelest: Joey, google the first word up and see what happens).

Incidently, there is a bit of language that wouln't be fit for Toonzone but it's hardly TVPG level, and some of the things that happen just need to be seen to be believed.
Though, his choice of voice for Serenity is...odd...(Gilumon! Oh...nevermind) though Wevel and Rex work perfectly

Grandpa: I hope it's not one of those cursed videotapes that are all the range these days
*Pegasis shows up on the tv screen*: Seven Days
Grandpa: Snap! I knew it!

Last edited by a moderator:

RomanMack

*Shoots fire at Yugi*

Panik: Why aren't you dead!?

Yami-Yugi: As I said before, I'm the main character. You, however, can just go right ahead and die. Mind Crush! Bulliing people is wrong. Destroying someone's brain with magical powers is A-OK.

XD This fandub is genius.

Yash

dr. yashouzeke "loser" asakura
This is one of my favorite quotes from it, simply because it's so true:

Yugi: I attack your Castle of Dark Illusion, destroying its flotation ring and crushing your monsters!
Bakura: This card game is a load of bs!

Ishtar

Loved it so far. I love the jokes bout Tristan's changing voice, Weevil and Rex becoming Beavis & Butthead parodies, the whole thing about Yugi being the star of the show, Kemo's tall hair jokes, pointing out that 4Kids edited the spikes off of Mai's Harpies, etc. I can't waite for more eps. I'd love to see what he does with Battle City.

KarlOlson

Art Imitates Life
Staff member
Reporter
Actually, I ok'd this because it's parody. Besides, other boards here did threads on the Fenslerfilms, which are basically same concept.

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
Joey: "Yeah except you forgave me for that. Right Yoog?"
Yugi: "Sure Joey......sure."

Yami: "Did I just kill a gay clown?"

Joey: "With the power of censorship and 4Kids I can win this match."

Mai: "Watch out for his Time Wizard. That's how he defeated my Harpies!"
Rex: "You have herpies?"
Mai: "I said Harpies!"
Rex: "Stop saying herpies."

Joey: "This is a really lousy episode. It reminds me of our spin off show Yu-Gi-Oh! DX. Honestly who would want to watch a show about a bunch of rap artists playing card games?"

Don_East

A regular character.
This has to be the funniest thing I've seen this week. I'm addicted now to the point of obsession. ***Points at avatar & signature***

Nin-Nin69

[CUE SQUEALING FANGIRLS]
Look there are a ton of anime parodies out there. A ton of bad ones. This by far is one of the very few that even I could tolerate. So why is this bad?

Conan-san

So far, the best part has been ep 9 with "Zorc and pals" and it's spansih translation and ep 10, of the Eva spoof and when Wevill goes "Cortholio".

*Previously on YuGiOh animation plays*
Yugi: Who keeps throwing these cards at me? It's not funny you know, stopit!

Dark Bakura: Oh, Bugger me! I will become a man chracter, even if it takes me another 200 bloody episodes.
(The filter doesn't catch bugger? intreeging)

Téa: Comeon, Tristian, lets sneek onboard like solid snake
Tristian: Do our parents even care were we're sneeking off to?!

Last edited by a moderator:

Shiloh Otter

Marion Hawthorne liker
Nin-Nin69 said:
Look there are a ton of anime parodies out there. A ton of bad ones. This by far is one of the very few that even I could tolerate. So why is this bad?
Making fun of voice actors who I have tremendous respect for =/= good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!
If you want an example of what truly all-ages animation is, I can't think of a better recent example than Bluey's "The Sign". I have more to say, but you'll be hearing from me again ;)

Featured Posts