"The Ghost And Molly McGee" News & Discussion Thread

Chevistian C

New TVA Series Alert

Disney Channel has greenlighted The Curse of Molly McGee, which follows the unlikely pair of Molly, an optimistic girl who makes every effort to improve the world, and Scratch, the grumpy ghost who finds satisfaction in the miserable.
A magical mishap bounds the ghost with the girl for eternity, and the two must find ways to work together.
The Curse of Molly McGee comes from Emmy-winning Disney duo Bill Motz and Bob Roth, known for their work on Lego Star Wars: The Freemaker Adventures. The duo also teamed up with Kim Possible's Steve Loter to produce the series.

Last edited:

Dudley

Staff member
I’m glad the Disney Channel is investing more in animation, and I see they have other development deals with numerous artists, so I can’t wait to see what else gets made.

In addition, Disney Television Animation studio has also signed overall development deals with several animation creators and artists, including Bruce Smith (The Proud Family), Jeff Howard (Planes), Kate Kondell (The Pirate Fairy), Stevie Wermers (Prep & Landing), Kevin Deters (Prep & Landing), Howy Parkins (The Lion Guard), Amy Higgins (Star vs. the Forces of Evil), Devin Bunje and Nick Stanton (Prince of Peoria), Noah Z. Jones (Pickle & Peanut), Mike Roth (Regular Show), John Infantino (Star vs. the Forces of Evil), Jeremy Shipp (Kung Fu Panda), Ryan Gillis (Pickle & Peanut), Steve Marmel (The Fairly OddParents), Natasha Kline (Big City Greens) and Sabrina Cotugno (The Owl House).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RainbowCupcake

I don't really FEEL like it
Staff member
The premise isn't 100% original, but if it's well written with good characters, I'm in.

I'm also glad to see that Disney is greenlighting more animated series (even better when they're not based on an existing property).

I like the character designs, but not to sound sexist or anything, but I would like to see more Animated Series with more male protagonists, not that I'm against female protagonists, i'd rather have more even balance when it comes to shows like that. I will consider watching it when it releases.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I think @RainbowCupcake and @D-nice is the man. Did a good job highlighting my thoughts here. It's not a 100% original idea, plus we could use more male protagonist - based shows again, someday.

To be fair, however, it LOOKS reasonably promising and will likely be more so if the writing is strong enough. I will definitely give it a chance to find a voice for itself - I mean, that's what I did for Amphibia and things worked out fine enough there, for example.

Last edited:

LinusFan303

Squeak
Staff member
Reporter
This does seem like a show I'd want to watch, so hope it's fun! It does fit Disney Channel's style to have a series with a female protagonist so I'm not surprised.

Mandouga

It reminds me of Beetlejuice for some reason..

I'm pretty sure he's a good guy ghost despite his "grumpiness", and that she doesn't summon him by saying his name three times.

Really, let's try to focus on the show as its own thing, and not try to compare it to anything else*.

*That said, there had better not be a reason for me to compare it to...all the other Disney Channel "original" series (animated or not), and I'll leave it at that...for now.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
I'm pretty sure he's a good guy ghost despite his "grumpiness", and that she doesn't summon him by saying his name three times.

Really, let's try to focus on the show as its own thing, and not try to compare it to anything else*.

*That said, there had better not be a reason for me to compare it to...all the other Disney Channel "original" series (animated or not), and I'll leave it at that...for now.

I don't know, m8..... I still wanna give it a chance it deserves, but I'm NOT gonna pretend this is an original idea.

The last time I saw something llike like this, it wasn't something that wasn't my cup of tea, but still reasonably decent for what it tried to do like Danny Phantom, it was Dude, That's My Ghost, a show I'd rather proudly forget about and would proudly enjoy seeing this show outdo as much as possible, honestly.

Well, simply by actually being both funny and somewhat endearing - being funny tends to be hard, yeah, but being endearing is actually quite easy enough.

Alexsketchy2004

Alex Dee

Still i'm going to watch it, i only said that it reminded me of that series

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

also, I don't know if can ever look at any of the shows connected to Dan Schneider in a good light ever again. some of the actors are ok with us still enjoying them but I don't know if I can get past it.
as a survivor of childhood trauma, I I wish everyone would leave Amanda Bynes alone. she owes us nothing, and I hope she's doing as well as she can possibly be right now.
I think most people are very upset and lamenting the fact that Nickelodeon (NOT including preschool shows nor nick@nite) aren't having regular new episodes since after Transformers: EarthSpark finished the season.

Let's hope we get new promos during watching Sonic the Hedgehog 2 tomorrow night.

I knew about the promotional cans but I'm just seeing this ad for the first time. I love seeing Daredevil pushed by Marvel.
Notable moment from The Rock.

Featured Posts