"The Ghost And Molly McGee" News & Discussion Thread

SweetShop209

There's an interesting interview that Ashly Burch took part in. One notable highlight is with how she says how she's gone through anxiety and moments of feeling like an outsider in a world that doesn't always agree with you. While Molly is a more self assured character, she does have her moments of doubt, which I think reflect well in her performance.

Frontier

Staff member
There's an interesting interview that Ashly Burch took part in. One notable highlight is with how she says how she's gone through anxiety and moments of feeling like an outsider in a world that doesn't always agree with you. While Molly is a more self assured character, she does have her moments of doubt, which I think reflect well in her performance.

Sounds like a strong basis for our female lead :).

SweetShop209

The design of the middle school was inspired by Rock Island High School in Illinois, where Bill Motz went to school. The school was founded in 1935, the year his father was born.

Antiyonder

Amalgam Universe Overlord
Staff member
Wonder if Scratch prefers it in a can or a large paper cup with a straw:-D.

jokerbeans2091

after two long hears molly mcgee finally premieres tonight who is excited!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
I'm really digging the animation. It's as close to hand-drawn as you can get without actually drawing every frame.

I also appreciate that the artists are making a concerted effort to give the characters unique AND well-drawn expressions. Most cartoons either stick to prefab expressions or the expressions are crude and sloppy.

The show is cute, and surprisingly funny at points. I never thought that it could make a snobby popular girl bully character funny.

Eldorado

Finally saw the full premiere instead of the link and I see good things for this show!

However, I've seen the NYCC Preview for First Day Frights so much that I've noticed a big change:
Did you notice? The three ghosts mocking Scratch in the flashback were removed for some reason and I could tell that one kid telling Daryl "Who does she think she is?" supposed to be the human version of that ghost (and you can even tell the scene had just moved the moment he appeared) which means the human versions of those three ghosts were supposed to be there as well (not counting the one kid). I can also guess Scratch was supposed to get memories of those other ghosts along with the "worst of the worst" bouncer near the end. What I'm trying to say is why they removed those are beyond me.

Dynamite Soldier

Solid premiere episode! The animation and character designs looks top notch, the songs are pretty catchy and upbeat, and the characters themselves are very likeable (even Andrea, a character we're supposed to dislike, isn't so bad once you get past her funny quirks). Plus, it's always a treat hearing Master Shake's voice.

Too early for me to judge the show as a whole, but I will say that I'm certainly looking forward to watching more episodes.

Antiyonder

Staff member
Good. Missed the airing of this and the recent Spidey episode. For some reason they aren't yet of Charter On Demand.

zoombie

Can the towns people see Scratch or not, it is very unclear. It seems he is only viable to people outside of Molly's family when the plot calls for it.

CartoonLover2604

Jerk, Dinger, Bling blong.
I saw the first two episodes of Ghost and Molly McGee and I have to say I'm liking it. It's fasted paced, fun songs, likable main characters and all and all seems like a comfort show. I did have a few questions regarding Scratch (like if he/other ghosts were born as ghosts or alive at one point and if other people can see him other than the McGees) but I'm sure those will be answered later on. Overall, I'll be definitely checking out more from this show.

Antiyonder

Staff member
Bob Roth says maybe in response to a question:
It does explain why she didn't hook up with TK in the 02 finale.;)

SweetShop209

According to Bill Motz, the episode "The Unnatural" was the pilot for the show in order to give what the feel of a typical episode is like. He said how Katie Greenway helped find Molly's voice while Noel Belknap helped find her energy and physicality.

zoombie

Anyone heard of the manga Magu Chan: God of Destruction, this show does have the similar feel.

The thing that really confuses me on weather people outside the family can see Scratch. I thought when he is blue he is visible, but when he is white, he is suppose to be invisible, problem is I have seen him like that and Molly is still able to see him. Are following the Bleach rules, is Molly like Ichigo, and only special people that have exposed to the spirits can see them.

Last edited:

Leviathan

"It's against nature!"
Staff member
The thing that really confuses me on weather people outside the family can see Scratch. I thought when he is blue he is visible, but when he is white, he is suppose to be invisible, problem is I have seen him like that and Molly is still able to see him. Are following the Bleach rules, is Molly like Ichigo, and only special people that have exposed to the spirits can see them.

Has scratch directly interacted with a human yet that wasn't Molly or her family yet? We know that other people can see him when he's being scary, so I'm sure we'll get a clearer answer when the supporting cast gets actual screen time with him.

According to Bill Motz, the episode "The Unnatural" was the pilot for the show in order to give what the feel of a typical episode is like. He said how Katie Greenway helped find Molly's voice while Noel Belknap helped find her energy and physicality.

Andrea was on the team, yet didn't show any ill will towards Molly or Libby.

I wonder if that was an artifact of it being the first-written episode, or if they're shaping Andrea to be nicer than the bully/mean girl she was in First Day Frights. There's an upcoming episode where Molly will be working together with Andrea on something.

SweetShop209

The action heavy chase scene in "Howlin Harriet" was thrown in by Sam King (the director) , where she was still coming off of her days on DuckTales (where she was a storyboard artist and occasional director) . She said it's from everyone still trying to figure the show out.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts