The Future . . . What Do You Want To See Here and at TXB?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff Harris

Creator/Webmaster, TXB
I know Sonic is a game character I have 5 of the games:p. But the rule is king of confusing though like with Ben 10 Alien Force that show was made to promote new toys so I don't know rather we can talk about it or not. But that's all I have to say about it.
How is that confusing? I just don't like those shows CENTERED around card games like Yu-Gi-Oh or Chaotic, "dice/gadget" games like D.I.C.E. and Bakugan, and "pocket monster fighting" shows like Pokemon or Digimon (I should have made that a lot clearer, Rust) because those shows so centered around the rules on how to play "the game." Ben 10 is NOTHING like those shows because it's just a show. There's no strategy component there, and characters aren't talking about battle plans that could be used in "real world counterpart game" as they do in those other shows, so I fail to see the comparison.

The reason WHY I'm avoiding talking about those type of shows is because, at least in this country, those types of shows are becoming more prominent on the airwaves. You know how The Joker said that Gotham deserves a better class of criminal in The Dark Knight? Well, I feel that the world deserves a better class of action cartoon. We've seen better, and I want to celebrate the better side of the industry, those shows that aren't so commercial but have the action element down pat without concentrating on rules for "real world game play." While the television industry are polluting the airwaves with many variations of "pocket monster" and card/dice games (a bulk of which comes from 4Kids Entertainment, a corporation that made a fortune from those types of shows), The X Bridge and The FORUM will talk about true action properties.

Want to talk about cartoons based on "pocket monster" and card/dice games? Well, there are other places.

Also, I'm just a little insulted that you said Ben 10 was made to promote new toys. The series came first. Merchandising came later.

J!!!

You're such a little kid~
Well I like Ben 10 and Alien force but I'm just saying that Alien force was made for toys because for one....Ben 10 Alien Force's toys came out REALLY close to the shows premiere and with Ben 10 we had to wait months to get them. But they did show they cared when they about the show as the action proves it.

Gold Guy

Two is always better than one
Staff member
Digimon should be allowed. It is not based on a game, card series, or toys, and it was not used to promote anything, so it should be allowed.

chdr

Digimon should be allowed. It is not based on a game, card series, or toys, and it was not used to promote anything, so it should be allowed.
Actually Digimon was made to promote the virtual pets at the time...

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
Actually Digimon was made to promote the virtual pets at the time...
Again, Digimon was the predecessor to Tamagatchi. By the time the anime had rolled around, it was promoting nothing but the anime.

nostalgia

ReACTIONary.
"It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything."

Dear Toonami Faithfuls,

I read many and various amounts of toonami websites including the articles from the X-bridge. Although I never voiced my opinions, I feel it is now necessary for me to take action. Have you forsaken the revolution? Even though I did not start reading the toonami forums and the X-bridge until earlier this year, I would often read past posts and articles to reminince the good times...I have been merely a spectator. (If only I would have found the X-bridge during the Good days..sigh) When I read past articles regarding the Revolution, I could sense the amount of passion Jeff Harris and countless numbers of other people had for Toomami, as well as their faithful optimism. Although I was reading about the Revolution when Toonami already truly died, I still feel the intensity that I bet most of you guys had at the time. I know it isn't pragmatic to say we need to fight back, because in reality Toonami is and have been dead since September 20th 2008. However, I still have that hope, that determination, that spark you guys had a while back. Remember that feeling? I might be childish and foolish when I say this, but I want the Revolution to continue. I don't want any pessimism. I truly believe We can bring Toonami back, and it would be an honor for me to help out in another Revolution. As for all the chronic pessimists out there, " a boy has the right to dream " And the Dream will come true.

"toonami wouldn't be anything without you" 0:18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsrimilHQM notice how he says it in a sarcastic tone.

Silverstar

Jet Flyin', Limousine Ridin'
Dear Toonami Faithfuls,

<SNIP>

Whatever floats your boat, m'man.

Personally, I no longer care. Toonami died for me years before it was finally laid to rest in '08, and I've since moved on. We've got You Are Here now, which, while not spectacular, isn't all that bad, and given time and the right people behind it, that block could go on to find its' legs and become something significant.

Yeah, I enjoyed Toonami while it was around (and while it was good), but in order for a Golden Age to exist, it must at some point end. I've never been one of those people who feeds and clothes themselves on nostalgia. Instead of trying to revive a dead programming block, I think we should be trying to improve what we have now.

That's not pessimistic, BTW, it's actually hopeful for the future. Time to look forward, not back, I say.

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
Dear Toonami Faithfuls,

I read many and various amounts of toonami websites including the articles from the X-bridge. Although I never voiced my opinions, I feel it is now necessary for me to take action. Have you forsaken the revolution? Even though I did not start reading the toonami forums and the X-bridge until earlier this year, I would often read past posts and articles to reminince the good times...I have been merely a spectator. (If only I would have found the X-bridge during the Good days..sigh) When I read past articles regarding the Revolution, I could sense the amount of passion Jeff Harris and countless numbers of other people had for Toomami, as well as their faithful optimism. Although I was reading about the Revolution when Toonami already truly died, I still feel the intensity that I bet most of you guys had at the time. I know it isn't pragmatic to say we need to fight back, because in reality Toonami is and have been dead since September 20th 2008. However, I still have that hope, that determination, that spark you guys had a while back. Remember that feeling? I might be childish and foolish when I say this, but I want the Revolution to continue. I don't want any pessimism. I truly believe We can bring Toonami back, and it would be an honor for me to help out in another Revolution. As for all the chronic pessimists out there, " a boy has the right to dream " And the Dream will come true.

"toonami wouldn't be anything without you" 0:18 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngsrimilHQM notice how he says it in a sarcastic tone.
1) Toon Zone is the absolute wrong place to post this. While I agree with you 100%, under CN's current regime, its pretty much impossible to get them to do something via a grassroots campaign.

2) Umm... TOM wasn't sarcastic at all. That was a heartfelt message from Sean Akins and Jason DeMarco (through TOM) to us.

nostalgia

ReACTIONary.
wrong place?!:sweat:
oh well, let my own lack of voice be heard. I guess I have to stop trying to recreate the past and just move on. Once again I become a spectator. hahahaa

Raidon Makoto

Long Live The Heroes
wrong place?!:sweat:
oh well, let my own lack of voice be heard. I guess I have to stop trying to recreate the past and just move on. Once again I become a spectator. hahahaa
Wrong place because I tried this and failed. I was hit with mostly negative comments before my thread was closed. :/ I admire your attempts, though, and again, I'm like 110% with you.

I just want to say I can't wait to thank the poor soul who goes through and organizes all of the important threads and talkbacks for the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts