The future of Peanuts specials on network TV?

Zorak Masaki

When was the last time they aired "Happy New Year Charlie Brown"? I'm also surprised they dont air "You're In the Big Game, Charlie Brown" either on or around the Super Bowl, would make a nice tie-in IMO.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
When was the last time they aired "Happy New Year Charlie Brown"? I'm also surprised they dont air "You're In the Big Game, Charlie Brown" either on or around the Super Bowl, would make a nice tie-in IMO.
I believe it was called "You're In The Super Bowl, Charlie Brown" but I could be wrong.

Edit:

Also, I'm pretty sure the Super Bowl owns the rights to the special, and not Peanuts, and that's why we haven't seen it on DVD or in reruns.

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
Happy New Year , Charlie Brown airs every year usually airing after Christmas along with "She's a good Skate, Charlie Brown".

JTOONSAnimation

If it were to remain on Network TV, I'd recommend FOX's Sunday Night Lineup with the rest of its animated series, just air it before The Simpsons. Otherwise if TV rights remain in Disney's hands, put it on Freeform, Disney Channel or Disney XD it seems better.

I honestly would rather have Turner acquire the specials, they can air on Cartoon Network and Boomerang (just like the recent series). And I know TBS, TNT and maybe even TCM would get in on that action.

LinusFan303

A fan of Peanuts in their 70th year
If it were to remain on Network TV, I'd recommend FOX's Sunday Night Lineup with the rest of its animated series, just air it before The Simpsons. Otherwise if TV rights remain in Disney's hands, put it on Freeform, Disney Channel or Disney XD it seems better.

I honestly would rather have Turner acquire the specials, they can air on Cartoon Network and Boomerang (just like the recent series). And I know TBS, TNT and maybe even TCM would get in on that action.
The problem with FOX and Sunday is football , there's really no time to air Peanuts specials between October to January. For practical reasons I'd rather Peanuts specials air on Fridays over Sundays so it's not on against the NFL game on NBC. Otherwise, I wouldn't mind FOX,NBC, CBS , staying on ABC as a choice. I think the main specials should stay on a broadcast network. Would be nice if the "minor" specials aired on Freeform or whatever but, things like Great Pumpkin, Not Elected, Thanksgiving, Christmas, I want a Dog for Christmas, New Year, She's A Good Skate, the two Valentine specials, and Easter (even though that's not aired and that needs to change) should stay on over the air TV.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

If only it was possible for companies to rethink their decision to make movies exclusive to streaming back to their initial supposed theatrican run - they'll have to look at how the situation is faring in countries and regions.

Wonder why it's impossible to screen "outdated" or "delayed" movies when the situation eases.
Changed the banner to match the upcoming anniversary better. Based on the logo switch ident featuring Bloo.
MeTV went off the air for about 15 minutes, right during one of the last Svengoolie segments up until it was time for the news (which I get in my area instead of Star Trek).
Well Bakugan was made in Canada too, so...

Featured Posts