The future of Marvel animation and the upcoming crop of characters

Frontier

Staff member
I believe Feige is over everything now. Marvel Studios and Marvel Entertainment aren't separate anymore. Games, movies, TV, comics.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
I am genuinely curious just how invested or into the other areas of media Feige is, given how all-encompassing working on Marvel Studios and the MCU probably is.

RoyalRubble

Staff member
As before, it should be noted the updates on that blog might not be completely accurate.

There's really nothing new here - Spidey & his Amazing Friends is in development. There should also be What If? and the Hulu shows (well, the ones that survived anyway...). Then there's Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and Big Hero 6 which I believe were listed in the Disney update on the blog. (But I'm mentioning them since they're still somewhat related to Marvel)

Frontier

Staff member
As before, it should be noted the updates on that blog might not be completely accurate.

There's really nothing new here - Spidey & his Amazing Friends is in development. There should also be What If? and the Hulu shows (well, the ones that survived anyway...). Then there's Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur and Big Hero 6 which I believe were listed in the Disney update on the blog. (But I'm mentioning them since they're still somewhat related to Marvel)
I really am kind of curious about the exact nature of MG&DD...will they be aiming to re-imagine it as a more Disney original property ala Big Hero 6? Marvel is involved, but I wonder how deeply :confused:.

SweetShop209

I really am kind of curious about the exact nature of MG&DD...will they be aiming to re-imagine it as a more Disney original property ala Big Hero 6? Marvel is involved, but I wonder how deeply :confused:.
Well, while this show has some people from Marvel involved, it's not like the major showrunners from the recent Marvel cartoons like Geoffrey Thorne, or Kevin Burke & Chris Doc Wyatt, would be that involved. This show has producers who worked on shows produced by Disney Television Animation (such as Kim Possible, Elena Of Avalor, and the aforementioned Big Hero 6 ), so it'll most likely be its own thing. Think like how the Phineas And Ferb crossovers were produced as part of that show, and not produced by whatever Star Wars and Marvel shows were running at the time .

bigdaddy313

So a man named John Terranova who worked for animation companies since 2016, was recently hired by Marvel Studios two weeks ago as a visual/animation development.

Under his profile he is working on an unannounced project and judging by his background I am inclined to believe it’s an animation project.

Rick Jones

fan-man
Staff member
Well, while this show has some people from Marvel involved, it's not like the major showrunners from the recent Marvel cartoons like Geoffrey Thorne, or Kevin Burke & Chris Doc Wyatt, would be that involved. This show has producers who worked on shows produced by Disney Television Animation (such as Kim Possible, Elena Of Avalor, and the aforementioned Big Hero 6 ), so it'll most likely be its own thing. Think like how the Phineas And Ferb crossovers were produced as part of that show, and not produced by whatever Star Wars and Marvel shows were running at the time .
This is non-consequential but I thought it was funny that they started putting Big Hero 6 stuff under the Marvel Find Your Power section on DisneyNow with the Marvel shorts they have on there.

So a man named John Terranova who worked for animation companies since 2016, was recently hired by Marvel Studios two weeks ago as a visual/animation development.

Under his profile he is working on an unannounced project and judging by his background I am inclined to believe it’s an animation project.

I can only hope, and I will. It's been too quiet on this front.

On another note, a certain untrustworthy site had a rumor about Ryan Reynolds wanting to get the Deadpool show going again, with him as the voice. I wish it actually happens but won't hold my breath.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Frontier

Staff member
On another note, a certain untrustworthy site had a rumor about Ryan Reynolds wanting to get the Deadpool show going again, with him as the voice. I wish it actually happens but won't hold my breath.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
This makes me remember when people thought Reynolds might come back for the FX cartoon :p.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

All I want in Elliott from Earth’s third chapter is action and drama to be at the center of it all.
Happy 51st Birthday to Nicole Sullivan!
I wish a happy birthday to Carmen Osbahr and Nicole Sullivan.

Today it is officially the 15th anniversary of CN City's European introduction, which was originally the aim of why I introduced a CN style look. But as of 16 April this is the permanent look of me.
Breathes sigh of relief. Justice.

Featured Posts