The future of Hub's movies. (prediction thread)

Latest News & Videos

Tommypezmaster

Aug 2, 2009
Scottsdale
I was really surprised that Hub picked up Igor cause I was expecting Cartoon Network to pick it up. So I decided to make a thread of possible movies that they might pick up. (child)

Disney:
Flubber (unless Cartoon Network picks it up)
Inspector Gadget (Ditto first)
Disney's The Kid
Valient
Disney's The Wild

Dreamworks
The Tuxedo
Shark Tale (unless Cartoon Network picks it up)

Touchstone
Who Framed Roger Rabbit
The Hot Chick (unless Cartoon Network picks it up)

Universal
Mr. Bean's Holiday
Despicable Me

Fox

Horton Hears a Who
Alvin and The Chipmunks
Alvin and The Chipmunks: The Squeakquel
Ice Age: Dawn of The Dinosaurs

Columbia
The Trumpet of The Swan (unless Cartoon Network picks it Up)Paul Blart: Mall Cop
What are the most possible movie Hub will air in the future?

Sparkster24

Feb 14, 2009
The Hub already aired Valiant back in September of 2011, it's still mentioned on their Programs according to this. To me, i think it's just a way to equal in more of the new content while mixing old content for the films.. But it doesn't mean they're gonna keep in the matter with them.. It's still family films with a certain mix of content.

Programs : The Hub Network : Discovery Press Web

Besides, The Hub aired films that i didn't expect would make in the line-up like Monster House, Zathrua, and even the Open Season films.

soundmonkey44

Melancholic Man.
Oct 5, 2008
The U.S.A.
I'd love to see HUB pick up Secret of NIMH & Land Before Time Myself, I mean they aired All Dogs Go To Heaven, no reason no to show more Bluth films IMO.

Silverstar

Rock the Dragon
Jun 4, 2007
Cartoonland
Tommypezmaster said:
The Hot Chick (unless Cartoon Network picks it up)
Nope. The Hot Chick isn't a family picture; the movie was chock full of sex jokes and sexual innuendos. The Hub is as likely to air The Hot Chick as it's likely to air Bachelor Party or National Lampoon's Animal House.

CN isn't going to pick it up, for reasons stated above, and also because The Hot Chick was released in 2002. If CN had any plans to air that movie (which they didn't), they'd have done it by now.

hobbyfan

Jun 9, 2002
Troy NY

Nope. The Hot Chick isn't a family picture; the movie was chock full of sex jokes and sexual innuendos. The Hub is as likely to air The Hot Chick as it's likely to air Bachelor Party or National Lampoon's Animal House.

CN isn't going to pick it up, for reasons stated above, and also because The Hot Chick was released in 2002. If CN had any plans to air that movie (which they didn't), they'd have done it by now.
Not only that, but the cable rights to Hot Chick are with Comedy Central, which would loan it out to Spike TV if need be. Also, the chances of CN getting any more Disney/Touchstone movies would be remote at the moment. The only reason they had films like Honey, I Shrunk the Kids might've been to help TBS with a contract. Those rights, I think, have lapsed, and given that Hub has the series version of Honey, getting the movie series would be a slam dunk.

Sparkster24

Feb 14, 2009
First, i feel like this should've been more on The Hub Family Movie thread.. besides, this is to make in for films only, and besides.. i didn't want to put it here because almost anything was live-action (aside animated films).. Is it ok if we can move it there for it's purpose (and the fact i don't wanna spare only myself with this, as i keep doing everytime and getting ignored for it).

If there we're movies i would love to see making in.. here's the following i would love to see making in for the line-up in the future!

- Animated -

The Polar Express
The Brave Little Toaster
The Secret of NIMH
An American Tail
The Land Before Time
Little Nemo: Adventures in Slumberland
Cats Don't Dance
Charolette's Web (1970's)
We're Back: A Dinosaur Story (at least for it's 20th anniversary)
Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (i think it would be nice to see as an addition though)
The Chipmunk Adventure
Batman Beyond: Return of the Joker (mostly obvious)
My Neighbor Totoro
Surf's Up
The Pagemaster (although it's a mix hybrid, and it would need diversity)
Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs
Disney's Teacher's Pet: The Movie (although it's unlikely as it's Disney's property, and often they don't share them that much..)
Coraline
Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
TMNT (2007)
Rango

- Live-Action (most that we're left out) -

Superman I & II (the only two Superman films not finished)
Batman & Batman Forever (the only two Batman films not finished)
The Muppet Movie
Flight of the Navigator
Beethoven
Casper (the live-action/CG film)
Ghostbusters I & II (well, if possible..)
Short Circuit
Staurt Little
Babe: Pig in the City
Hook
The Water Horse: Legend of the Deep
Charolette's Web (2006)
Limoney Snicket's Series of Unfornate Events
Night at the Museum​

Toonatic

Jul 23, 2009
USA
My list:

-Who Framed Roger Rabbit (also on Disney Channel but mostly ABC Family)
-Cats Don't Dance
-The Muppet Movie
-Sesame Street Presents: Follow That Bird
-Despicable Me
-Dr. Seuss' The Lorax
-The Pink Panther (2006)
-The Pink Panther 2
-Revenge Of The Pink Panther
-Santa Claus: The Movie
-Christmas Is Here Again
-The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A VeggieTales Movie
-Coraline