The Future Of Disney Now: Disney Channel Tomorrow, Disney Junior Today?

SweetShop209

We all know about Disney Now, there website/app where you can watch Disney shows and play games, with the episodes often coming out early in the morning the day of the premiere (such as 12:00am on the west coast and 3:00am on the east coast). However, there's one I've noticed recently. Let me explain.

August 13 saw the premiere of the Disney Channel movie Spin, the new series Disney Magic Bake Off (I think that's the name?), and an animated Descendants special. They were not put on Disney Now on the same day, instead being put up on August 14. However, August 13 also saw the premiere of new episodes of Spidey And His Amazing Friends, The Chicken Squad, and Muppet Babies, all of which came out early in the morning before airing later on Disney Junior (whether the block or the channel).

Do you think Disney Now is being selective with premieres now, such as letting series premieres of Disney Channel shows, as well as DCOMs, be put up the next day on Disney Now, but still having the Disney Junior premieres come out the same day? I bring all this up because of today. Tonight is the premiere of the Under Wraps remake and The Ghost And Molly McGee. However, neither of them were put on Disney Now this morning while the various Disney Junior premieres (Muppet Babies, The Chicken Squad, Puppy Dog Pals, and Spidey And His Amazing Friends) were all still put up this morning.

I think this idea holds true when you consider the series premieres of Spidey And His Amazing Friends and Mickey Mouse Funhouse. The former premiered on August 6 and the latter had the primetime special on July 16 before officially premiering on August 20. In all these instances, they were still put up on Disney Now in the morning before their television premieres.

What does this hold for the future? Will future Disney Channel shows like Moon Girl And Devil Dinosaur and Hamster And Gretel be put on Disney Now the day after their television premieres? Likewise, will future Disney Junior shows like Eureka and Alice's Wonderland Bakery still come out on Disney Now the same day as television? What do you think?

kanc

I think if I recall... Descendants 3 (which premiered on disney channel Aug 2, 2019) on that day of premiere wasn't put on Disneynow demand, until one day later on.

Maybe it might be because of ratings I guess.

SweetShop209

It does seem like DCOMs are ones where they're put on Disney Now the next day because of ratings. Also, there was that tribute to Cameron Boyce at the end. They probably wanted more eyes for that also. I remember also hearing about how the live action Kim Possible movie was put on Disney Now the next day.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

FOP marathon on NickPluto.. it's not off yet though.
My website's server is falled down. I am working on it....
So I seemed to have found another couple of episode titles for Colonel Bleep yesterday: Two more Colonel Bleep episode titles?

Nick@Nite social media finally posted about Friends trivia challenge though
THEY REFERENCED TOMMY WISEAU IN A TOTAL DRAMARAMA EPISODE?!?!?

IN THE FORM OF A BIRD!?!

Featured Posts