"The Full Experience: Mega Man" Talkback

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member

I would announce this on the Platypus Comix Facebook page, but....it doesn't work! A baffling glitch prevents me from posting there right now! And I have no idea how long that glitch will last! Could be months, who knows! Great %$#$@$% job, Zuckerberg!

For those of you who are relying on the Facebook posts, please don't. Keep watching this board or follow me on Twitter.

twilicorn

HER AIM IS GETTING BETTER
I first saw the Talkboy ad in abbreviated form on a personal recording of Charlie Brown Christmas from YTV in 1996. I uploaded the one break that was recorded onto YT several years back. The Talkboy Pen also appears:

Also I was kind of hoping that the episode with Gutsman's a** (which was a minor lolfunny meme back around 2009-10) would be included on that tape. I dunno, it's possible since, as you said, the Mega Man show doesn't have a whole lot of episodes.

Speaking of which, I live in Canada and especially in the mid-late 2000's (when I was growing up) we had a LOT of shows (usually Nelvana) that only lasted about 28 full episodes but were steadily rerun for ages. 6teen was a notable exception in terms of episode count - it lasted a whopping six years, just as much as the average highly successful Cartoon Network show south of the border.

mimitchi33

Lovely, in my most wonderful way!
This is very interesting as usual. That same exact variant of the TalkBoy ad was actually on the Mumfie's White Christmas recording you used for your Island of Misfit Christmas Specials review (I think it was in the last ad break?)
And that Sinbad PSA you mentioned was actually aired pretty frequently back then: according to Save Our Sailors, it was the most common PSA to play during an ad break in 1996.
Since Kids' WB was mentioned here, do you have any Tiny Toon Adventures or Histeria things with ads that you can use for this? I read somewhere that you said you only recorded a few episodes of the latter. Do those contain ads?
I first saw the Talkboy ad in abbreviated form on a personal recording of Charlie Brown Christmas from YTV in 1996. I uploaded the one break that was recorded onto YT several years back. The Talkboy Pen also appears:
Hey, I recognize your YouTube! You had the Get Set For Life clips on your channel. I loved seeing those, especially since I didn't live in Canada. Sent you a DM concerning your tapes!

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Since Kids' WB was mentioned here, do you have any Tiny Toon Adventures or Histeria things with ads that you can use for this? I read somewhere that you said you only recorded a few episodes of the latter. Do those contain ads?
I do have some episodes with ads, for both of those shows.

PhantomDusclops92

Hello, I wanted to register to this forum for a while but this is finally the time I did it. Why? Because I have to make you notice a bunch of errors in the article.

First, you keep talking about Air Man. The dude in the episode is not Air Man but Gyro Man, a boss from Mega Man 5.
Second, Eddie is indeed a character from the games and not "the name they gave to one of those helmet heads". He appears from Mega Man 4 onwards, it's that dude that sometimes pops out of nowhere to give you a life/weapon recharge item. He's actually supposed to be red, not green like in the cartoon.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Hello, I wanted to register to this forum for a while but this is finally the time I did it. Why? Because I have to make you notice a bunch of errors in the article.

First, you keep talking about Air Man. The dude in the episode is not Air Man but Gyro Man, a boss from Mega Man 5.
Second, Eddie is indeed a character from the games and not "the name they gave to one of those helmet heads". He appears from Mega Man 4 onwards, it's that dude that sometimes pops out of nowhere to give you a life/weapon recharge item. He's actually supposed to be red, not green like in the cartoon.
Thanks for the corrections. I couldn't tell what "man" that guy was; he was not named in the episode. My best guess was Air Man since he had a big fan blade.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts