"The Full Experience: 4Kids One Piece" Talkback

Dsneybuf

One sad thing about the bonus disc of that Star Wars boxset: When the documentary about the trilogy reaches 1997, it says George Lucas perfected the movies with the Special Editions, though I don't know if those were the exact words. Regarding rumors of Disney releasing the original versions on Blu-Ray, the studio's failure to include the original versions of Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King on their respective Blu-Ray releases means I'll have to read actual reviews to believe them.
I don't have the specific Star Wars DVD shown in that commercial; I instead bought a boxset that had both the Special Editions and the theatrical cuts, then bought the first boxset's bonus disc through Amazon.

rockmonster

When I was little, I was mad because they got rid of Digimon, but then Ninja Turtles came on and I was happy.

John Pannozzi

Leggo my Eggo, mouth breather!
One sad thing about the bonus disc of that Star Wars boxset: When the documentary about the trilogy reaches 1997, it says George Lucas perfected the movies with the Special Editions, though I don't know if those were the exact words. Regarding rumors of Disney releasing the original versions on Blu-Ray, the studio's failure to include the original versions of Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King on their respective Blu-Ray releases means I'll have to read actual reviews to believe them.
I don't have the specific Star Wars DVD shown in that commercial; I instead bought a boxset that had both the Special Editions and the theatrical cuts, then bought the first boxset's bonus disc through Amazon.

I thought they did release the original versions of Beauty and Lion King on Blu-ray?

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I thought they did release the original versions of Beauty and Lion King on Blu-ray?

If I had to guess I think he means there were a couple scenes that were reanimated in The Lion King. The latest release had the version without Morning Report in it.

I didn't pay attention to the Beauty re-release so I don't know if you can watch it without Human Again.

Dsneybuf

Beauty and the Beast does have the option to watch the movie without "Human Again", but on the 2D Blu-Ray and the DVD that comes with it, Disney messed with the ending of "There's Something There":
DVDizzy.com • View topic - Beauty & the Beast original colors - in upcoming platinu
The picture with the fireplace shows how the number ended the original version, while the one with the hallway comes from the extended version. For some reason, no matter which version you choose on the 2D Blu-Ray and the DVD, you get the ending with the hallway, creating a rather abrupt transition to the next scene. Even though I read about this in advance, I still bought the Blu-Ray for its bonus features.

I don't own the 3D Blu-Ray, but I've read that while it restores the original ending of that song, it also rewrote the main titles (from, "Walt Disney Pictures presents, in association with Silver Screen Partners IV...Beauty and the Beast", to, "Walt Disney Pictures presents: The 3D version of...Beauty and the Beast") and swapped the end credit sequence for one that shows off some of the animators' sketches in the background.

While the thread that link leads to also contains several complaints about the 2D Blu-Ray/DVD color scheme, I should admit that it doesn't bother me as strongly as the new ending to "There's Something There" does, and I imagine the 3D version's re-written main titles would, especially since the colors don't look as flat/faded as those on the 2002 DVD.

My remark about The Lion King did indeed refer to the re-animated scenes. Because of those, and the fact that most of the bonus features reportedly require a connection to the Disney BD-Live Network (which no longer exists!), Lion King currently ranks as the only one of my top five Disney Animation movies that we don't own on Blu-Ray. (Instead, we have the 1995 VHS and the 2003 DVD.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
My remark about The Lion King did indeed refer to the re-animated scenes. Because of those, and the fact that most of the bonus features reportedly require a connection to the Disney BD-Live Network (which no longer exists!)

I hated BD-Live; why would you not put the special features on the disc you paid for? If it's dead, good.

Wait, it's not good, that means I just lost half the viewing material on my Fantasia Blu-Ray....

Dsneybuf

I just have the Fantasia movies on VHS instead of Blu-Ray, but I read that if your computer can dig through the individual files of a Blu-Ray Disc, you might find those extras hidden on the Fantasia/2000 disc.

aegisrawks

Um..... the article is pretty funny and all but got lots of stuff wrong. Like the Shanks episode being skipped and Koby's importance. Sure the Koby thing is best not spoiled in such a casual article but the Shanks Flashback episode didnt get cut out.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Um..... the article is pretty funny and all but got lots of stuff wrong. Like the Shanks episode being skipped and Koby's importance. Sure the Koby thing is best not spoiled in such a casual article but the Shanks Flashback episode didnt get cut out.

Then when was it dubbed by 4Kids? I don't know everything about One Piece yet (and I'd prefer to not be spoiled on the Coby thing).

aegisrawks

Oops! Sorry for the Koby spoilers! But yeah episode 4 it did get dubbed by 4Kids. Its a terrible dub that's truly best left forgotten so its no biggie.

FAKE EDIT: I did find links of the episode but Im not sure of Toonzone's policy on illegal streaming so Im taking this to PM if you needed.

rockmonster

Then when was it dubbed by 4Kids? I don't know everything about One Piece yet (and I'd prefer to not be spoiled on the Coby thing).

You will probably won't know everything about One Piece ever. There's so much of it, being at episode 680 as of Feb 1st. Good luck if you plan on watching it all.

Golden Geek

Radio Demon
Staff member
Reporter
For some reason this is one of the few 4kids shows I don't remember watching as a younger kid, but I must've watched it at some point because my dad's familiar with it.

And I still think Toonami should've started their run of One Piece from the first episode and advertised it heavily as "fully uncut" to get more attention. There were still people in 2012 who thought One Piece was being dubbed by 4kids. Heck, there are people now who think One Piece is being dubbed by 4kids.

Dsneybuf

And I still think Toonami should've started their run of One Piece from the first episode and advertised it heavily as "fully uncut" to get more attention.
Yeah, I remember watching a few episodes of the 4kids One Piece, deciding it wasn't my cup of tea, trying to return to it once Funimation got the rights, and having so much trouble getting up to speed, I also stopped watching that version after a few episodes.

PokemonTVDub

It's times like these that I'm glad I recorded all the episodes so I can forever relive the pure tragedy of the 4Kids dub of One Piece.

4Kids4EverFandom

So i just created a Disney Bad Lip Reading from the pixar film Inside Out. The emotions react to the horrible one piece dub by 4Kids. I Think this joke fits perfectly. :) Have a Look.

Dsneybuf

Regarding rumors of Disney releasing the original versions on Blu-Ray, the studio's failure to include the original versions of Fantasia, Beauty and the Beast, and The Lion King on their respective Blu-Ray releases means I'll have to read actual reviews to believe them.
Well, this leaves me feeling even more doubtful:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts