The "For Portlanders Only" Update Thread

rexxdexx

there is one in Downtown Portland at SW 5th and Taylor

apparently they acquired a bank from Bend which had 50 branches throughout the NW

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it? A question: Do they still have "The Edge" in the Oregonian life section? Or am I old for remembering it?

TheMisterFree

Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it?
They're following the lead of Fox TV Stations-- they've recently rebranded some of their MyTV stations as "Fox (number) Plus/Xtra/More", including Washington DC, Minneapolis and San Francisco/Oakland (though the station there, KICU, was actually an indie; KRON, the former NBC station, is MyNet there).

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it? A question: Do they still have "The Edge" in the Oregonian life section? Or am I old for remembering it?
They're calling Channel 49 "12 Plus" now? Makes no sense, numerically. Sad to see it completely lose its identity, but the sad truth is, it hasn't had one in a while.

I haven't looked at an Oregonian in months; I have no idea if The Edge is still there.

There's a new subchannel on 8 called "Quest." WHEN are we getting Heroes & Icons? We seem to be getting everything BUT that channel.

Chris

Was looking through a tape from 1992-3 and found a couple of interesting things. Like a Rubenstein's ad, a Thriftway ad, and a news segment of KGW at 11pm.

Chris

I'm going to tape the first episode of "Tonight", the show @ 7pm on KGW.

Chris

I guess not. My DVD player has decided that I can't record network shows any more. Cable shows are fine, though. Why?

Chris

I would like to update my list of over-the-air TV stations webpage, but I can't because I can only get a select few stations. I found something interesting on 17.2: It has a clock up top and says "Future channel for weather of the mid-valley KWVT 17.2" and the KWVT logo. I thought it was cool, so I taped 5 minutes' worth. Apparently I can record over-the-air stuff on an ancient VCR. Ha ha, FCC. Anyway, if someone can take a look at my site and tell me what needs to be updated, it'd be much appreciated. TV stations in Salem (and Portland) page.

Chris

Hello. I found this video from 1995. It was a strange time. When going to the hospital could get you shot and Bill Cosby could perform at state fairs.
lookit.

Peter Paltridge

RUN!
Staff member
I promised in the most recent BANG issue that some Tonya Harding material from 1994 would be on the site. It still isn't on the site -- all the tapes are digitized now, but I haven't had enough time to index them all so I know where those clips are.

Will Vinton, however -- I have at least 20 news stories on him and I know exactly where they all are. 'Tis the season.
Will Vinton On Epcot Magazine — 1985 – For Portlanders Only

Chris

I did some channel surfing with my antenna. I can't get channels 6 and 32 for some reason. But I did notice channel 2.4 is new. It's called "Stadium." It was showing some football game. Don't know which one, though, the scores were off screen. 49.4 is a Western movie station called "Grit." Excuse me if this is old news, but it's new to me.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts