The "For Portlanders Only" Update Thread

Latest News

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Ratings
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it? A question: Do they still have "The Edge" in the Oregonian life section? Or am I old for remembering it?

Aug 21, 2010
Ratings
Great Meadows, NJ
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it?
They're following the lead of Fox TV Stations-- they've recently rebranded some of their MyTV stations as "Fox (number) Plus/Xtra/More", including Washington DC, Minneapolis and San Francisco/Oakland (though the station there, KICU, was actually an indie; KRON, the former NBC station, is MyNet there).

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
777 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
Apparently Channel 49 KPDX is going to change from "MyTV" to "Fox 12 +" on Feb. 12. I think all it is is a name change since MyTV didn't really have any shows of its own, did it? A question: Do they still have "The Edge" in the Oregonian life section? Or am I old for remembering it?
They're calling Channel 49 "12 Plus" now? Makes no sense, numerically. Sad to see it completely lose its identity, but the sad truth is, it hasn't had one in a while.

I haven't looked at an Oregonian in months; I have no idea if The Edge is still there.

There's a new subchannel on 8 called "Quest." WHEN are we getting Heroes & Icons? We seem to be getting everything BUT that channel.

Chris

I am a DuMont production.
Sep 15, 2006
Ratings
Salem, OR.
www.atari2600land.com
I would like to update my list of over-the-air TV stations webpage, but I can't because I can only get a select few stations. I found something interesting on 17.2: It has a clock up top and says "Future channel for weather of the mid-valley KWVT 17.2" and the KWVT logo. I thought it was cool, so I taped 5 minutes' worth. Apparently I can record over-the-air stuff on an ancient VCR. Ha ha, FCC. Anyway, if someone can take a look at my site and tell me what needs to be updated, it'd be much appreciated. TV stations in Salem (and Portland) page.

Peter Paltridge

Ay Carumba
Staff member
Sep 24, 2003
Ratings
777 7
Stars Hollow
www.platypuscomix.net
I promised in the most recent BANG issue that some Tonya Harding material from 1994 would be on the site. It still isn't on the site -- all the tapes are digitized now, but I haven't had enough time to index them all so I know where those clips are.

Will Vinton, however -- I have at least 20 news stories on him and I know exactly where they all are. 'Tis the season.
Will Vinton On Epcot Magazine — 1985 – For Portlanders Only