"The Flash" Season Seven Talkback (Spoilers)

Road to Gotham

The Monster Person sort of look like to me BORK from the Power Company comic series.
Bork 1st appeared in The Brave and The Bold #81.

Disappointed that Arba was killed off. Another waste of a character and a main Rogue's Gallery Villain.
Hopefully the actor will survive his appearance as The Polka-Dot Man in upcoming SS movie.

hobbyfan

For those that don't know, the song that played as Iris & Allegra left the survivors group was "You Gotta Be", which was a 1-hit wonder for Des'ree (yes, that was how she spelled her name) a number of years ago. Recognized it right away.

Don't know if that CGI monster was supposed to be someone or something we are supposed to know, but the fact that it escaped means it'll return.

To Road to Gotham: No, I don't think that was Bork, who later was rebooted as a member of the Power Company in the books.

Two straight weeks of treacly resolutions suggests to me that rerun rights to the series could be ticketed for Hallmark Channel. Just sayin'.

Lesson learned: Even villains can cry.

Cait & Frost, now separated? For those of you who are big time fans of Danielle, jump for joy. This is going to be bonkers.

CW & WB are begging for sponsorship from Mars-Wrigley's, Kraft-Heinz, Hallmark, etc..!

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I figure it was supposed to be Fuerza who uses the Strength Force in the comics and before she learned to control it, she would go hulkish in appearance.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
theflashtb.png

March 30, 2021
"Fear Me" - Episode 5

When a powerful new villain, Psych, channels and amplifies everyone’s fears in order to wreak havoc on Central City, Barry realizes, with Cecile’s help, that he must face his own worst fear in order to beat this new threat. Meanwhile, Joe is surprised when Kristen Kramer from the Governor’s Municipal Logistics Commission drops into CCPD for a visit. Iris warns her father to dig deeper on why Kristen is actually there. Caitlin and Frost argue about how to live their lives.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Flash "Fear Me"

Ennis Esmer was literally one of the only two decent cast members on the terrible Berlanti show Blindspot so I know why he was cast. But his vast talents were utterly wasted as Psych. I cannot tell you how disappointed I am with that.

The idea of evil versions of the Speed Force tracks with what we've seen earlier.

It seems like Caitlin neglecting to ask Frost if she even WANTED to merge again is a pretty huge oversight on her end.

I sort of liked that, but I think it was less important that I like it, and more important that I pay attention to clues the episode is giving for stuff going forward. ***1/2.

hobbyfan

If Blindspot was so bad, Fone Bone, how did it last as long as it did?

That being said, let's talk about Psych (Ennis Esmer), a cheaper-than-shiznit Scarecrow-Freddy Krueger hybrid. A product of Joshua Williamson's recently concluded run in the books, this clown's arrogance was his undoing. I didn't think Team Flash would keep that Mobius Chair knockoff that Thinker had, but it served a purpose.

Cait should've figured Frost wanted her independence, but now, you have this rogue agent coming after Frost for past crimes. What I am tired of is State/Federal agents being presented as being arrogant, condescending, unwilling to compromise until forced to, and not willing to share full disclosure about the mission. We saw this on Arrow a couple of years back.

Major respect to NBC's This is Us.

Next week: Cisco & Chet in the 90's? Hmmmm.

And they've remade "Mortal Kombat"?!? WTH? Hollywood is too lazy to accept original ideas these days.

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Give me another example.
Riverdale
Who's The Boss?
The Brady Bunch
Melrose Place
Robot Chicken
The Jerry Springer Show
According To Jim
The Blacklist
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 2012
Ally McBeal
Two and a Half Men
Diff'rent Strokes
The Facts Of Life
Alvin And The Chipmunks
The Bachelor
Squidbillies
House
The Office (U.S.)
King Of The Hill
The Apprentice
The Smurfs
Dawson's Creek
Avengers Assemble
The Maury Povich Show
Deal Or No Deal
Many Pundit shows on Fox News
Barney & Friends
Caillou
Scooby Doo
Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman
Last Man Standing
LA Law
Baywatch
Weakest Link
Ben 10 (2016)
Days Of Our Lives
Beverly Hills 90210
Geraldo
Big Brother
Murphy Brown
Desperate Housewives
The Flintstones
Here Comes Honey Boo Boo
The Tonight Show With Jay Leno
Jon & Kate Plus 8
Mad TV
Power Rangers
Pokemon
Hell's Kitchen
Real Housewives
Saved By The Bell
South Park
Walker Texas Ranger
Passions
Ricki Lake
Coach
Home Improvement
Game Of Thrones
COPS
Growing Pains
Duck Dynasty
Jenny Jones
Jersey Shore
My Super Sweet 16

I realize a LOT of these choices are subjective, and many people disagree with some of them. But the idea that no bad show has ever lasted five seasons is a ridiculous one.

Edit: This is my last post on this topic, because it's off-topic. This is about The Flash, not Blindspot.

hobbyfan

I'm sorry I asked. (LOL!)

One big flaw with Flash is that instead of just adapting stories from the books willy-nilly, they could bring in, you know, the actual creative minds involved (i.e. Joshua Williamson), not just Geoff Johns, to be creative consultants, to keep the show's writers on track. That way, you avoid a lot of unnecessary contrivances.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
theflashtb.png

April 6, 2021
"The One With The Nineties" - Episode 6

Cisco and Chester travel back in time and get stuck in 1998, repeating the same day over and over again. The key to returning home is at Chester's childhood home but he refuses to visit. Meanwhile, Iris forges a connection with the speed force.

reflection01

Not a great episode but a heartfelt one that wasn’t a silly time travel romp. Didn’t bother with a whole lot of “90s fashion.” Deon’s motivation was a little confusing but I like the casting and I like the idea of a time god not fully understanding what they can do with their powers.

This is one of the more contrived ways Cisco has come up with names.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
The Flash "The One With The Nineties"

I liked it. I liked the stuff with Chester and his father, and I liked Cisco naming the new Speed Forces. Iris's hair was a scream, and so was Frost's hippie look.

Barry doesn't seem to happy with Nora sleeping over. Think Iris misread that.

I like dinosaurs. I'm not made of stone.

A lot of the 90's pop-culture references and phrases were either too soon or too late. A bit sloppy there.

But I still liked it. ****.

hobbyfan

Plenty of 90's references, including "Groundhog Day", "Jurassic Park", Friends (all of their episode titles start with "The One With...", or at least 98% of them do), and considering this was a showcase for Cisco & Chester, "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure" comes to mind.

If you weren't in love with Danielle Panabaker (Frost/Caitlin) before, you should be now. Frost rocking blue fishnets at the end of the show......WOW!

Speaking of Frost, Joe gives her the 411 on Kristen Kramer. I'm getting this feeling Berlanti's testing the waters to try his own Suicide Squad again, but can't use Amanda Waller, so Kramer would be a sub.

Iris & the afro. I kept waiting for a Soul Train reference.

This was fun.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
theflashtb.png

April 13, 2021
"Growing Pains" - Episode 7

When a mysterious ice-powered enemy frames Frost for a brutal crime, she must find a way to clear her name. Meanwhile, Barry and Iris have a surprise house guest, and Joe continues to deal with Kristen Kramer.

(Programming Note: After tonight, Flash goes on hiatus until May 4)

Last edited:

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Marieve Herington is now a US citizen. Congratulations.

It's the 12th anniversary of the arrow's debut on Central European CN feeds, replacing the city.
how come nobody talked about the animation test for the goon movie by blur studios
Man... I can't wait for Elliott from Earth Season 2.
I'm still trying to add pages from Yahoo Answers to the Wayback Machine; if you know of any interesting pages add them & send me a link.

Featured Posts