"The Flash" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I swear, if it turns out to be The Joker, I will riot :p.
I'm curious if Reverse is still the one who murdered Nora or if they're changing that aspect for this movie canon. Or are they really just going about it as no one particular antagonist for the movie and they want to seed Reverse Flash for a sequel.

Frontier

Staff member
I'm curious if Reverse is still the one who murdered Nora or if they're changing that aspect for this movie canon. Or are they really just going about it as no one particular antagonist for the movie and they want to seed Reverse Flash for a sequel.
I don't really see the point of removing or downplaying Thawne given one of the major cruxes of Flashpoint and the murder of Nora is Barry and Thawne's rivalry.

Granted, Flashpoint has already been adapted twice so there's probably some room for reinvention at this point.

the greenman

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I will be pretty surprised if Ray Fisher's Cyborg ends up appearing in this movie. Seems like they were moving forward with Batman as the co-star anyways...
I agree, I think focusing on Flash and Batman is enough and adding in a third lead might be too much. It is a FLASH movie in the first place.

the greenman

I believe Cyborg was meant to try and replicate the "bromance" between Flash and John Stewart from JL/JLU. I'm not sure I saw anything like that in the JL film personally.

For Miller, people make mistakes all of the time, and this seemed weird but not heinous. I think WB wants this and the Snydercut to salvage whatever is left of the DCEU. We have Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Suicide Squad, Birds of Prey, and Shazam?. In order to save that universe they'll need to take care of them.

Flash could be a trilogy, same as the rest. These definitely won't be like Marvel films. I have a feeling there might be just more films in the universe in order to "fix" it.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Should this movie bring back Michael Gough Alfred via CGI or incorporating unseen/unused footage shot from the previous films and assorted Batman themed commercials he starred in?

the greenman

Should this movie bring back Michael Gough Alfred via CGI or incorporating unseen/unused footage shot from the previous films and assorted Batman themed commercials he starred in?
Not sure how that would go over. We don't want to do the Crisis thing again too soon. I'm not 100% enthused about this movie anyway. Seems like they never really had a script anyways, and decided on using the character's most famous story arc.

I do have a feeling they will possibly make certain changes. I just hope they're good changes.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

rggkjg1

KRYPTONITE NEVERMORE!
Should the movie incorporate the CW Crisis in it's Multiverse plot/story? (Robert Wuhl cameo scene and Ezra Flash meeting Grant Flash scene)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I have to lay low for awhile. I need to take a break from this for right now, but I'll be back soon.
Bought Cat City (1986) on Prime today. Never seen it before, looking forward to watching it!
Super Metroid on the SNES turns 30 today in North America.
The sub-only anime releases in North America are the invention of the 2010s.
Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Featured Posts