"The Flash" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

the greenman

Not sure why everyone decided to gang up on poor Whedon all of a sudden. Now Snyder is claiming no Whedon footage will be in his cut. Still waiting on reshoot start dates.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
I'm guessing one of them will be based on the Flashpoint Batman. I think this might have been denied? But movie makers lie!
Yes, it has been denied Keaton plays a Flashpoint Thomas Wayne/Batman. The prevailing report is he is playing a version of the Kingdom Come/Bruce Wayne Batman.

EDIT: According to The Wrap, conversations started with Affleck months ago, he got a draft and gave some notes last week, changes made on script, and he signed on a couple days ago.

Last edited:

Greg91

Reporter
Wow. I wasn't expecting Ben Affleck to come back. Hopefully he enjoys his time in the role more than he did in his last appearance.

This creates more confusion about whether The Batman is canon or not with the other films (I've read different reports), but I suppose that doesn't matter.

I'm curious to see how this Flash movie turns out and who else could appear (ex. Iris West, Reverse-Flash, Cyborg, Arrowverse Flash). It will be cool seeing Michael Keaton back in the role as Batman too!

the greenman

Yeah, I really don't get it. Basically this seems to me WB moving forward with the DCEU. They'll probably play fast and loose, but they will maintain structure.

As mentioned, the fact of where The Batman exist is up in the air. My personal opinion remains, that Reeves wants his own personal trilogy; with zero ties. Which might explain having two different Bats in this. WB and Reeves are being wisely mum on that idea of where The Batman is in time. Right now, the biggest question is on where is Henry Cavill is going to land on his return. You'd think they'd save this news for Fandome.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

Greg91

Reporter
The panel managed to make me excited for the movie for, arguably, the first time. That new suit looks great like the energy of the Speed Force is flowing through it. So much better than the original. The cinematic multiverse potential they spoke about sounds very exciting regarding the future of the films as well.

Frontier

Staff member
The panel managed to make me excited for the movie for, arguably, the first time. That new suit looks great like the energy of the Speed Force is flowing through it. So much better than the original. The cinematic multiverse potential they spoke about sounds very exciting regarding the future of the films as well.
Multiverse here we come :p.

Road to Gotham

I could care less where Matt Reeve's BATMAN movie fits into the grand scheme of things.
I am just going to sit back with a coke and a bag of popcorn and hopefully enjoy the movies I will see.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts