"The Flash" Feature Film Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

Fone Bone

Matt Zimmer
Well, The CW's Crisis helped with that at least.
Nobody watches the CW stuff. It gets CW level ratings, even if the Crisis was more widely viewed than usual. It also does not have the same cultural impact as Tim Burton's Batman or Nolan's The Dark Knight. It would not work.

You guys are thinking like geeks and what YOU'D want to see. That's not how WB or DC will approach this.

Yojimbo

Yes, have some.
Staff member
Jul 13, 2003
Shahdaroba
www.dcauresource.com
I think the crucial issue is to get the actor who will really commit to doing the role of the next couple years. If Keaton has been chomping at the bit all these decades or enough time has passed that he's ready to do a new take on the role, more power to him.

What's Val Kilmer doing?
Slowly getting back into acting after a bout with throat cancer a few years ago.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I think the crucial issue is to get the actor who will really commit to doing the role of the next couple years. If Keaton has been chomping at the bit all these decades or enough time has passed that he's ready to do a new take on the role, more power to him.

Slowly getting back into acting after a bout with throat cancer a few years ago.
I wonder if Keaton doing this would preclude him from ever returning as The Vulture...

Neo Ultra Mike

Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts
May 18, 2006
East Northport
I know there are some or at least were exclusivity deals in some MCU contracts but I know some are more open and honestly if Keaton is being considered it isn't one from Marvel and doubt DC would do the same so yeah if his scheduling is open enough he could do both. And honestly I get the idea of wanting to pressure Keaton into this by getting the news out he's possibly considering it showing everyone excited to convince him to sign on. This is what happened with Vulture for Homecoming if you remember: for awhile it was only something that Marvel and Sony were discussing but it was revealed he was in the running people got really exited and wanted it to happen, Keaton signed on and yeah became beloved in that role so the same thing could happen again.

It does make me realize though how truly pathetic this news has to be if you're you know an actual Flash fan: a movie that's been constantily cancelled and uncancelled and changed hands so many times that keeps getting talks and false starts that goes nowhere biggest sign of getting off the ground has NOTHING to do with Barry Allen or anything specifically revolved by his world, but an actor of either 10 or even 30+ years ago coming back to play Bruce Wayne. Like that is so beyond sad if you're specifically a fan of Flash: the studio needing to promote and get people exited about this movie has to have all the focus put on news of a much more popular hero. Even with Batman v Superman replacing a Man of Steel sequel at least Superman had gotten his film and gotten films before: The Flash still never has had his own starring film but now it seems any interest in that starring film isn't on him at all but rather whose going to play Bruce Wayne and what that has to do with the DCEU. I admit it's an interesting way of getting attention out there and obviously working but yeah shows how little interest there is in a Flash solo project if that's what it takes to get the ball running.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
I know there are some or at least were exclusivity deals in some MCU contracts but I know some are more open and honestly if Keaton is being considered it isn't one from Marvel and doubt DC would do the same so yeah if his scheduling is open enough he could do both. And honestly I get the idea of wanting to pressure Keaton into this by getting the news out he's possibly considering it showing everyone excited to convince him to sign on. This is what happened with Vulture for Homecoming if you remember: for awhile it was only something that Marvel and Sony were discussing but it was revealed he was in the running people got really exited and wanted it to happen, Keaton signed on and yeah became beloved in that role so the same thing could happen again.

It does make me realize though how truly pathetic this news has to be if you're you know an actual Flash fan: a movie that's been constantily cancelled and uncancelled and changed hands so many times that keeps getting talks and false starts that goes nowhere biggest sign of getting off the ground has NOTHING to do with Barry Allen or anything specifically revolved by his world, but an actor of either 10 or even 30+ years ago coming back to play Bruce Wayne. Like that is so beyond sad if you're specifically a fan of Flash: the studio needing to promote and get people exited about this movie has to have all the focus put on news of a much more popular hero. Even with Batman v Superman replacing a Man of Steel sequel at least Superman had gotten his film and gotten films before: The Flash still never has had his own starring film but now it seems any interest in that starring film isn't on him at all but rather whose going to play Bruce Wayne and what that has to do with the DCEU. I admit it's an interesting way of getting attention out there and obviously working but yeah shows how little interest there is in a Flash solo project if that's what it takes to get the ball running.
To be honest, I was always dubious to this being a Flash solo film when there was so much emphasis on Flashpoint which, in premise, relies so much on the wider DC Universe along with The Flash then just focusing purely on Barry.

Reactions: Yojimbo

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Would you believe I was first exposed to Angelica Hale through here?
Oh look at that. My cable provider wants me to pay even MORE money just so I can watch the new Owl House episode on DisneyNow. Are you kidding me?
The winner is "Let's Meet Sonic", which got 3 votes. "Monster Party" got 1 vote. The next matchup is animated crossovers with live action shows. This time it's between "Halloween Night At The Museum" (Ultimate Spiderman & Jessie) and ScoobyNatural (Supernatural & Scooby Doo).

If schedule listings are to be believed, it appears as though Toonami will be airing reruns of DBS' Universe Survival Saga starting tonight.
Can we talk about how a French home video company had an opening logo consisting of an animated Groucho Marx set to disco music? I especially like the Fender Rhodes solo during the second half, even if it's just the warning message.