"The Flash (2014 TV Series)" News & Discussion (Spoilers)

Latest News & Videos

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
The CW has released the following teaser image for the upcoming The Flash pilot.

Click on the image for a closer look!

The Arrow spin-off stars Grant Gustin as scientist Barry Allen who, after a freak accident, is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive.

The was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costume for Arrow. Executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the pilot follows scientist Barry Allen and his burgeoning superhero alter-ego The Flash.

Nutter is directing from a script by Berlanti & Kreisberg & DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.

If successful, The Flash pilot could be picked up as a new series for the 2014 television season.

May 14, 2006
Wow, it's modern coloring and lighting meets an older design look. It'll be interesting to see how this plays on screen.

Michael24

Staff member
Feb 2, 2004
Can't wait to see the full costume, but it certainly looks good so far.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
The Flash :D!

I like the mask, especially how it works in the lightning bolts on the ears, and I really can't wait to see the full costume. My biggest fears is that it will look more like "The Blur" from Smallville than what I'd expect from a Flash suit, but I'll remain optimistic for when we see a full picture of it :).

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis
I'm happy to see them going with an actual costume and not just a T-shirt and jeans. Flash is a pretty flamboyant look, but the mask at least seems like a good modern translation of the classic suit.

Dragnatek

Apr 21, 2011
Hammond IN
I'm glad they stick to their guns when they said that Flash was getting his traditional costume. it would have been too easy to go the Smallville approach. Given Barry's character so far it actually makes sense that he would go for this type of costume. He's kind of a geek in this universe.

The Penguin

All Hail the King!
Staff member
Dec 20, 2001
South Dakota
twitter.com
When I first saw the image I was very pleased. After falling away last season, I made sure to watch Arrow this season because I wanted to see Grant Gustin as Barry Allen and become The Flash. This is a good sign. :D

RoryWilliams

Sep 19, 2010
The Tardis
The chin strap looks fine. Honestly, cowls rarely work in real life outside of drawings and cartoons, so the strap is sort of needed. that's why Captain America has one too.

rggkjg1

The Big Red Cheese
Mar 2, 2002
Philly Philly
www.myspace.com
The shared live action DC universe has a promising future, on television ONLY! (in response to post below, that was once above this post. Although, that comment can be applied to when Barry first appeared on that Arrow episode. That comment can even be applied to a handful of Arrow moments before Barry first appeared).

Last edited by a moderator:

James Harvey

The World's Finest
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Apr 23, 2001
Toonzone
www.worldsfinestonline.com
The CW has released a new image for the upcoming The Flash pilot which provides a closer look at the entire costume for the Scarlet Speedster.

Click on the image for a closer look!

The Arrow spin-off stars Grant Gustin as scientist Barry Allen who, after a freak accident, is given the power of super speed that transforms him into the Fastest Man Alive.

The was designed by three-time Oscar winner Colleen Atwood, who also designed the costume for Arrow. Executive produced by Greg Berlanti, Andrew Kreisberg and David Nutter, the pilot follows scientist Barry Allen and his burgeoning superhero alter-ego The Flash.

Nutter is directing from a script by Berlanti & Kreisberg & DC Entertainment Chief Creative Officer Geoff Johns.

If successful, The Flash pilot could be picked up as a new series for the 2014 television season.

Frontier

Staff member
May 28, 2010
Temecula California
It's certainly not as bad as it could have been, and I can see it growing on me. Honestly though, I'll have to actually see it in motion before I really make a judgement on the suit.

If I have any complaints, it's that I think the suit could use just a little more yellow :shrug:.

Still, I respect and appreciate that the crew for Flash went for a full-on costume :).

Spotlight

Staff online

Latest profile posts

I can't believe Russell fricking died.
My tv provider has come to an agreement with Disney.
All channels of Disney (including FOX)
Are going to stay next month.
:)
remember when toon disney aired live action outside of jetix
Rupavahini is airing SeaQuest yet with a local theme song despite the series airing with Sinhala subtitles.
It has been officially 10 years since Transformers Animated ended....man, do I feel old.