"The Flash (2014)" Season Three Talkback (Spoilers)

Volthoom

I prefer TV Savitar's look better than what he had in the comics. I also think this version of him isn't human. He is way too tall to be human. Plus there is that four night crossover event the CW is doing with all their DC shows.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Cold, cold, heart?! Right now on The CW.

theflashtb.jpg
"Killer Frost"
Tuesday, November 22, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
Caitlin uses her powers to save Barry but as her mother predicted, the effort unleashes her inner Killer Frost.

hobbyfan

It feels like they phoned this one in.

Caitlin becomes Killer Frost, but Barry is able to reach out to her to help Wally. Unfortunately, there's now a chasm between Barry and Cisco, which IMPO shouldn't last long.

Predictably, Julian is revealed as Alchemy. He's blackmailed Barry into resigning to protect Caitlin, but by the end of the season, Barry will have his job back, Julian will be exposed, and we'll all yawn.

Seems to me Cait is jealous that Barry has Iris and not her. Agree or disagree?

Volthoom

To be fair Barry has the girl of his dreams, while Cait lost her fiance(twice, the second time was permanent), and her other love interest turned out to be Zoom.

hobbyfan

I think there are some unspoken feelings between Caitlin & Barry that the writers never gave a chance to be explored. Could've been sparks between Cait & Cisco, too, but they don't want to be too much of a typical CW show now, do they?

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
It feels like they phoned this one in.

Caitlin becomes Killer Frost, but Barry is able to reach out to her to help Wally. Unfortunately, there's now a chasm between Barry and Cisco, which IMPO shouldn't last long.

Predictably, Julian is revealed as Alchemy. He's blackmailed Barry into resigning to protect Caitlin, but by the end of the season, Barry will have his job back, Julian will be exposed, and we'll all yawn.
I definitely agree with some of the problems with last night's episode.

Unless there's a twist that Julian suffers from a split personality disorder, the reveal that he's Alchemy really feels like the writers are not even trying in terms of covering up the identity of one of the season's main villains. Meanwhile, the whole "Cisco is upset at Barry over Dante's death" thing basically comes up the showrunners wanting to have some "drama" that is outright unnecessary IMO.

hobbyfan

In the books, Albert Desmond, the original Dr. Alchemy, did have a split personality issue that led him to create a 2nd costumed alter-ego, Mr. Element. One critic assumed that Julian is based on the Alchemist, a more modern creation of----wait for it----Geoff Johns (who else?). I wonder, then, if it is a little of both.

The Penguin

Mod of Fowl Play
Staff member
Night two! Tonight at 8 p.m. ET on The CW.

theflashtb.jpg
"Invasion!"
Tuesday, November 29, 2016 @ 8 p.m. ET/7 CT on The CW
When aliens called the Dominators attack Central City, Barry speeds over to Star City to ask the Green Arrow for help in stopping them.

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Way to go Flash you made Cisco so annoying you've made Felicity seem likable in comparison.

And being reminding of all this terrible forced drama, complaining about Barry changing the timeline while the Legends do it on a weekly basis. Or the fact that if it wasn't for Flashpoint the world would have been destroyed entirely. They're not even doing anything this is slowly becoming every non repetitive thing I hate about the Arrowverse.
Also why did they change the gender of Diggles kid that seems incredibly pointless.

hobbyfan

Because the writers didn't do enough research?

Inasmuch as Caitlin doesn't want to use her powers, she may need them by the time this is over on Thursday. Nice to see Thea suit up for the first time this season as Speedy, but for her to get brainwashed on her first mission back? Lame.

The Dominators are, according to the books, geneticists. Hmmm.

I'm assuming this 4-parter is the mid-season finale for all 4 shows?

Magmaster12

Master of MAGnets
Staff member
Reporter
Seems like the Flash crossover episodes are always the worst ones. Tomorrow's Arrow will be the only good episode of the season probably.

Wonderwall

Staff member
Wait when did Cisco get beef with Barry again? I thought they had started to get back to being normal but now all of a sudden they are back to being "not friends" like their Lex and Clark from Smallville. Did I miss something?

Frontier

Staff member
Wait when did Cisco get beef with Barry again? I thought they had started to get back to being normal but now all of a sudden they are back to being "not friends" like their Lex and Clark from Smallville. Did I miss something?
I guess you missed the episode right before this one :sweat:?

Road to Gotham

Interesting scene with Stein and Caitlin at his house.
Too bad Flash and Supergirl didn't bring Martian Manhunter with them.

TnAdct1

Ravioli, Ravioli
Way to go Flash you made Cisco so annoying you've made Felicity seem likable in comparison.

And being reminding of all this terrible forced drama, complaining about Barry changing the timeline while the Legends do it on a weekly basis. Or the fact that if it wasn't for Flashpoint the world would have been destroyed entirely. They're not even doing anything this is slowly becoming every non repetitive thing I hate about the Arrowverse.
To me, this is the biggest problem with the current season of The Flash: the show is trying to force unwanted drama through the events of Flashpoint (something that really shouldn't been done in the first place due to the reasons that I explained in the first page). By making Cisco all emo over his brother's death (an accident that probably would have still happened even if Barry didn't mess with the timeline), the writers are depriving the show of one of the main elements that made it entertaining in the first place.

I'm assuming this 4-parter is the mid-season finale for all 4 shows?
It's only a finale for Supergirl. The rest of the shows will have one more new episode next week before the Xmas break.

hobbyfan

To me, this is the biggest problem with the current season of The Flash: the show is trying to force unwanted drama through the events of Flashpoint (something that really shouldn't been done in the first place due to the reasons that I explained in the first page). By making Cisco all emo over his brother's death (an accident that probably would have still happened even if Barry didn't mess with the timeline), the writers are depriving the show of one of the main elements that made it entertaining in the first place.

Which only adds to the criticism I've read in some places. It seems as though the writers are trying to make this "just another CW show", which is what seems to have happened to Arrow & Legends.

FWIW, Did anyone not notice how the STAR building bears a resemblance to a certain Hall that cartoon fans grew up with in the 70's & 80's?

Dudley

Staff member
I don't understand why Diggle is upset that the timeline changed the gender of his child, and acting like he lost the child. Maybe it's because I spend a lot of time with my 2 year old tomboyish neice, but it seems like a really stupid thing to be really upset over.
Basically, this crossover has been pretty disappointing with all this mopey drama. I don't have much hope for the Arrow episode, so the Legends one better deliver!
Oh, and if you want to make it a surprise that the woman Stein sees in his vision is his daughter, don't give a brief glimpse of her as a baby, and a child!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Frontier

Staff member
I don't understand why Diggle is upset that the timeline changed the gender of his child, and acting like he lost the child. Maybe it's because I spend a lot of time with my 2 year old tomboyish neice, but it seems like a really stupid thing to be really upset over.
Basically, this crossover has been pretty disappointing with all this mopey drama. I don't have much hope for the Arrow episode, so the Legends one better deliver!
Oh, and if you want to make it a surprise that the woman Stein sees in his vision is his daughter, don't give a brief glimpse of her as a baby, and a child!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think he was more upset with the fact that Barry mucked up the timeline and unknowingly effected all their lives then he is that the gender of his kid was changed.

Wonderwall

Staff member
One thing I want them to drop is Wally constantly calling himself Kid Flash, it always comes off forced as hell. Also it's hard to take it seriously when Keiyan Lonsdale is a year younger than Grant Gustin. And it doesn't make sense, since in Flashpoint, Wally hated being called that, yet here he's always ecstatic...no one would ever be elated to call themselves Kid Anything.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Not all of Family Guy has aged well (and he knows this - hell, he's friends with the PTC president now) but I genuinely think Seth MacFarlane is a really good guy.

Imagine a broadcast TV network giving someone who worked at the Golden Age of Cartoon Network the opportunity to worked on a show, and doing 8 interviews, only to completely ghosted him for weeks for absolutely no reason.

Try to wrap your head around on that one, folks.

Seriously. Explain that to me, Memorable Entertainment Television? :/
Didn't notice that the site was back...

I'll start off by saying X-Men 97 has been a blast to watch. As someone who grew up exposed to the films and cameos on other shows, it was definitely a different treat seeing how both iterations of the franchise handle the characters and their world.
Professor X's speech in today's episode was powerful ... nuff said.
I've ground my wisdom tooth down overtime so that I can clench my jaw properly again. It's equal parts good and bad news.
Daffy Duck turns 87 today. Happy birthday to my favorite Looney Tune!

Featured Posts