The First Time You Watched Anime...

ShadowBlinky

The "Ganomy"
...and realized how different/special/unique it was compared to American cartoons.
For me it was UFO Robo Grendizer, dubbed "Grandizer" in the Force Five syndicated package. I didn't know it was from Japan at the time (I was quite young), but I knew there was...something unusual about it. I was especially shocked about how brutal it was at times, even compared to other action cartoons.

hobbyfan

For me, it was Battle of The Planets, the first American translation of Science Ninja Team Gatchaman. I didn't catch Speed Racer until MTV picked up the show in the late 80's.

AdrenalineRush1996

For me, my earliest memory of watching anime would be either Dragon Ball Z or Pokémon on SIC when I was around four or five years ago in my native Portugal.

Classic Speedy

Hmm
Staff member
Reporter
Think I've answered this before but it was probably a random episode of the original Dragon Ball. Of course, the thing that left a bigger impression on me was Sci-Fi's Saturday Morning Anime in the mid to late 90s, good stuff.

jaylop97

Staff member
Dragon Ball Z was definitely mine, I have the most clearest memory of waking up once when I was 2 from a nap with my dad nearby and watching an episode from the Frieza saga on Toonami.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Why does society keep devolving for the last century or so, why is America 50 years behind where it should’ve been? And anybody who tries to makes things better will be swept under the rug or get screwed over by cancer or disease.

I hate to get political here especially but for what happened today I can’t help
Just sending out hearts and hugs to anyone who needs them on this awful day. You're not alone.
Hi, new profile picture I guess
Angry because of the news. VERY angry.

So today is apparently Brooklyn's birthday. Now the recent YouTube videos about her birthday make sense (a music video yesterday and a vlog today).

Featured Posts