The Fate of Disney XD

animegamer

The reception in India initially has been negative, they were worried Pokemon and Beyblade will go away but after seeing the schedule they seemed to have calmed down as it’s pretty much the same. One problem is that they keep demanding mature anime such as Death Note, My Hero Academia........ probably because CN India had a Toonami block in the past.

Also here’s some more Marvel HQ bumpers. If you see the Will be Back and Is Back bumpers, they’re showing characters from non Marvel shows like DuckTales, Big Hero 6, Beyblade and Freaktown.

Zanneck

HAIL NEO ARCADIA. NEO ARCADIA FOREVER.
Grr i rather want Disney XD to turn back into Toon Disney
Only if they show all their recent animated series, including the obscure/unpopular ones, whether people like it or not, not just what's popular (now/currently) or just old school Disney Afternoon/One Saturday Morning fare. Then, and only then, can I agree with this.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
DXD is pretty much dead to me for years ever since 2 shows went in and out from the main sister channel to the lesser extant one.

Sent from my LM-X420 using Tapatalk

zoombie

I think Disney XD could be rebranded as a Marvel channel. After Ducktales wraps up, that is all they have left as far as animation shows.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I think Disney XD could be rebranded as a Marvel channel. After Ducktales wraps up, that is all they have left as far as animation shows.
That would be an odd move considering that they don't have any new Marvel animated series and they haven't announced any new ones as far as I'm aware of. I think making a channel just for Marvel animated series would get stale pretty fast anyway. They'll probably just make it a typical rerun channel or just get rid of it. Out of all of the Disney TV Channels, XD is the most expendable. A rerun channel doesn't quite fit in the age of streaming and they'd probably want to put more resources into Disney+ instead of a secondary channel not available in most households like XD.

Johntoonfan05

But there are no New Animated Marvel Shows as of now besides i don't think it could be rebranded as a Marvel Channel i rather want Disney XD to be rebranded as Toon Disney

Perla Magica

Digital Love
But there are no New Animated Marvel Shows as of now besides i don't think it could be rebranded as a Marvel Channel i rather want Disney XD to be rebranded as Toon Disney
It can't happen. You can't change the channel from what it was many years ago. Let's accept what the channel is now.

But speaking of Marvel shows on DXD, I don't think they gonna do another Spider Man cartoon or another Avengers cartoon. I myself am not a big fan of all modern Marvel animated shows, mostly because their artstyle is bland and the stories don't grab my attention (I'm looking at you, Spider Man 2017). And also I think rebranding Disney XD as a Marvel channel is not a good option, and reruns of all old and new shows are what makes this channel at least worth watching.

NeoplanDan

Occasionally Active
I don't see the point of renaming it when they're only few inches close to closing down. Beside renaming it to the old Toon Disney or Jetix name is not even worth it when those are long since extinct.

harry580

I don't see the point of renaming it when they're only few inches close to closing down. Beside renaming it to the old Toon Disney or Jetix name is not even worth it when those are long since extinct.

but g4 is coming back so.......

Moe

Disney XD today remind me of combination of Toon Disney and Jetix so they rarely air live action shows nowadays.

but g4 is coming back so.......
Yes but New G4 likely to be heavily concentrated on competitive playing like Fortnite and streamed gameplays - they make a lot of money from ads.

But for Disney XD, nothing is special, beside air anime shows and re-run of Disney animated programming.

Johntoonfan05

Well, I guess we know its fate now...

Well time to say Goodbye to Disney XD, Disney Jr, FXM, Nat Geo Wild and ESPN U.... Now the only Disney TV Networks left in the US will be National Geographic, Freeform, Fox, FX/FXX, ABC and Disney Channel...

Moe

Well, I guess we know its fate now...

I'm really SHOCKED at this news. :oops:

I thought Disney channels in the US would be spared but I'm wrong on this.

RIP FXM - I watched FXM often.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.
Change of plans, no concert for me tonight! Instead, if everything goes according to plan, I will instead be seeing Chris Barron (of Spin Doctors) in May.
I may actually delete my twitter account. It is just really bad these days, and I have other ways to keep in touch with the few people on there I do care about, so deleting it would be rather easy. Something I once thought I'd never think of doing.
And now: A Classic Toonzone Moment #3

On the TTTP on October 13, 2002, a couple of users question if Dumb Patrol (1964) is truly offensive, causing a long discussion about flame wars: "Dumb Patrol"
I still haven't made a real post on that Dreamwidth blog I have linked in my signature. Still deciding what I want to do with it, really. I want to practice my reviewing skills so I may use it exclusively as a review blog for whatever I feel like.

Featured Posts