The Fairly Oddparents, Season 10 News and Discussion Thread Part 2

Not everyone on Hartman's team were "yes-men" back then.

You may indeed be right, but it's probably more of a factor that simply a lot of talent was poached from FOP as the show took off in its success. Bob Boyle went to CN and made some forgettable cartoons, Steve Marmel tried his hand in some other things, even wound up on Family Guy for a while, but now seems to be just be doing live action. Sarah Frost also ended up on Family Guy. Jack Thomas found his way to Regular Show. Scott Fellows churns out garbage for CN every once while. Even Kevin Sullivan, who made a lot of dubious quality episodes, jumped ship to the Loud House.

Hartman has been unable to fill in the blanks with quality talent. Ray Deluarentis and Will Schiffrin (who are on Bunsen) are mediocre on their best day.

It may be that Butch just prefers to surround himself with yes-men as you put it. From following his YouTube channel, he definitely seems like your usual 'ideas guy' but is not really skilled as a producer. So the biggest loss of talent in my opinion is when Butch moved away from Fred Seibert and his studio to strike out on his own.

Last edited:

90'sKid

Yes, Butch does have a thing for characters with little to no brain cells which is odd since the characters weren't that dumb back in 2001. I wonder why that view changed so much from before?

FoP’s cast was once more diverse (relatively speaking), now it’s filled to the brim with idiots. Even Wanda seems to have gotten more moronic since season 7, when she isn’t a nag, that is. The newer seasons are (IMO) completely cringe-worthy, all Modern FoP humor can be boiled down to “Morons do moronic things while any form of plot cohesion is thrown out the window.”.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BillK15

This video was posted by Frederator's YouTube channel:

I watched the whole video, and when you skip to 18:45, Butch mentioned that the show used flash on the LAST season of the show when he was talking about the show’s animation over the years. Is this somewhat proof that FOP ended? Just wondering.

ShadowBeast

I watched the whole video, and when you skip to 18:45, Butch mentioned that the show used flash on the LAST season of the show when he was talking about the show’s animation over the years. Is this somewhat proof that FOP ended? Just wondering.
Not really, "Last" also refers to something that happened in recent time.

BillK15

True. I just really want to hear if FOP is done or not from Butch or Nick.

jaylop97

Staff member
No proof has been said toward the shows fate, but there really isn't much that will give FOP more seasons.

Frank

I get the feeling that Fairly Oddparents is going to be revived for its 20 anniversary. I mean, Nickelodeon has been keeping Butch Hartman around. Are they looking for another hit cartoon from him?

Ghostbuster

Team Wolf Brothers!
From Butch's YouTube channel:

Butch recently interviewed Daran Norris and Susan Blakeslee as part of his celebrations of being at Nick 20 years. :)

Last edited:

BillK15

Someone figured out that Butch mentioned on his Speech Bubble that there are no more episodes of FOP. Not sure which Speech Bubble episode he saw it on

Attachments

• 2018-02-10.png
    2018-02-10.png
    329.7 KB · Views: 69

PinkieLopBun

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reporter
Someone figured out that Butch mentioned on his Speech Bubble that there are no more episodes of FOP. Not sure which Speech Bubble episode he saw it on
I’m guessing you’re the one on Twitter that asked what episode it was, but I’m going to post it here anyway. Go to the 28 minute mark.

I should probably mention that he said earlier in the podcast that he was working on FOP up until he left Nick (even saying 2018), however, it’s possible he was exaggerating a bit, as the last episode aired in July with no word on more happening. But if he wasn’t exaggerating, there’s still an end in sight.

Action!

Now the question is, will Nickelodeon air the final episodes of the show?

BillK15

At least Nickelodeon was kind enough to give thanks to Butch for his work

DeanBurrito25

Well, that tears it, as if the writing weren't already smeared on the wall with bright pink and green paint. Out of the mouth of the man himself. Seventeen years and five cancellations later.

jaylop97

Staff member
As one would expect ratings did always keep around FOP as long as it did, going through one cancellation would only be 1/5th of the real story. I'm surprised how Hartman was really cool with the continuations to cancellations of FOP over and over again.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day
"I'm probably going to watch Nymphomaniac Part II on Disney+ this weekend" isn't something I didn't think I'd ever say, but here we are.

Featured Posts