"The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants" Talkback Thread (spoilers)

Latest News

DeanBurrito25

Jan 15, 2009
Ratings
705 4
mattdeanart.com
So, George and Harold are voiced by kid actors here (which they probably should have done in the movie), and Mr. Krupp's voice is higher and less grumbly than I was expecting (which I think Ed Helms did alright in the movie).

Seems like they're doubling down on the feel of the books here. Also, it seems like the show will used a bit of the mixed media gags the movie did (e.g. the switch to stop motion animation at random).

Radical

Deborah Bispo so epic and hot!!!!!
Nov 7, 2004
Ratings
279 1
Lacey,Washington
I'll so enjoy The Epic Tales of Captain Underpants next to Harvey Street Kids, cool that it's a sweet animation/art style from the Captain Underpants books, having kid voice actors voicing George & Harold is great, love Mr. Krupp and his new voice is great but higher pitched, and using great new supervillains for Captain Underpants to face was great:D.

superkeegan9100

YTPer, Cartoon analyst, PPG artist.
Jan 10, 2015
Ratings
7,450 88
Raleigh, North Carolina
www.youtube.com
Just saw the first episode. Captain Underpants was made for TV. Everything from the books is here - from the comics George & Harold make to the always clever Flip-O-Rama technique. Just like the movie, the show stayed true to the original source material, and proves that it can use butt/fart jokes without being cringey. I also love how it switches to sock puppets at any given moment.