The End of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Anime on U.S. Television and the Future of that Anime Everywhere Else

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
There'll be info on the next Yu-Gi-Oh! anime series at Jump Festa 2020, which will run from December 21-22 The Organization | Yu-Gi-Oh! at Jump Festa 2020

Light Lucario

Staff member
That makes sense. I figured we'd get something about the new series next month. That's normally when a new Yu-Gi-Oh! series is announced instead of what happened this time around. We'll probably get the new lead character, the title and maybe a premiere date at the Jump Festa.

Reactions: RDG

RDG

Aspiring animator/filmmaker and Ugliest Man Alive
Since production of the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS is nearing its end, and, of course, NO US TV network wants to air the show, this'll be the FIRST TIME that the dub of a Yu-Gi-Oh! show has NEVER aired in the US. I'm beginning to think changing the name "4K Media, inc." to " Konami Cross Media, NY" was pointless, or at least they could've removed "NY" from the company name, since they couldn't get a US TV channel to air VRAINS (because of the whole "TV before streaming" thing). Also, I highly doubt we'll see ANY home video releases of the VRAINS English dub.

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
Since production of the dub of Yu-Gi-Oh! VRAINS is nearing its end, and, of course, NO US TV network wants to air the show, this'll be the FIRST TIME that the dub of a Yu-Gi-Oh! show has NEVER aired in the US. I'm beginning to think changing the name "4K Media, inc." to " Konami Cross Media, NY" was pointless, or at least they could've removed "NY" from the company name, since they couldn't get a US TV channel to air VRAINS (because of the whole "TV before streaming" thing). Also, I highly doubt we'll see ANY home video releases of the VRAINS English dub.
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of VRAINS getting a home video release all because of that.

Light Lucario

Staff member
I wouldn't rule out the possibility of VRAINS getting a home video release all because of that.

The fact that Vrains hasn't been made legally available online, despite how they're almost done with season three, doesn't make me think we'll get a home video release for it anytime soon. I'd assume that they'll do something with the series once the dub wraps up, if only to get more money out of it, but it is a pretty bad sign that there's no way to legally get the dub here.

Reactions: RDG

AdrenalineRush1996

Back with a better image
The fact that Vrains hasn't been made legally available online, despite how they're almost done with season three, doesn't make me think we'll get a home video release for it anytime soon. I'd assume that they'll do something with the series once the dub wraps up, if only to get more money out of it, but it is a pretty bad sign that there's no way to legally get the dub here.
Fair enough.

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

How about Mike Pollock as the ideal voice of Bruce Wayne/Batman?
Remember back when people were saying that "Streaming is the (bright) future"?
"I can't wait to eat this baby" - Paramount, presumably looking for tax write-offs
Happy Baseball Opening Day

Featured Posts