"Dragon Ball Super and Daima" Japan Simulcast (Anime), and Manga News & Discussion

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
Since I am a very huge "Dragon Ball" fanboy, and since "Dragon Ball" is one of the most popular manga/anime to date that's still ongoing, I decided to create this thread. The story of Dragon Ball continues with fresh new sagas! Feel free to discuss the anime or manga version of "Dragon Ball Super" and enjoy!

Catch legally subbed new episodes straight outta Japan on services from Funimation Now, Crunchyroll, and Daisuki!

Here's Funimation Now's promo:

Last edited:

zoombie

After they went through all the trouble of having her in the opening and in the commercial bumpers, after 1 episode they killed off future Mai. What a waste of money.

Radical

Banned
Goku's crazy new adventures get more interesting, I'll so enjoy the awesome new Future Trunks arc,

Cool to see Future Trunks, awesome ally character, weird that his hair is blue, not purple.

Cool to see Future Bulma along with Future Mai, Future Mai being a great unexpected new ally friend to Future Trunks is great, Rest In Peace Future Bulma/Future Mai, you'll be missed.

Zeno destroying entire universes, cool that he's villainous there, but an interesting new bigshot alien ruler character.

Black Goku, my favorite awesome deadly new major villain, he's interesting/mysterious with a sweet character design:D, Goku will have a cool fight with him, I'll learn more about his character further episodes, cool that Goku gets a second evil twin after Turles(my favorite epic movie villain).A good example if Goku bees an evil/ruthless scumbag and not kindhearted, hehehe.

Kid Trunks meeting Future Trunks will be great.

Mai's major role will be sweet.

Last edited:

gunleon

MPXToonInferno
The latest episode have done something right for once - fix the animation. The show has been plagued with so many animation errors due to Toei not putting too much effort in refining the product and is just concerned on getting it out on time (not to mention it's resources are more onto One Piece).

Oh and the new villain's name is called "Goku Black".

gunleon

MPXToonInferno
Quick Question. Since this is the Talkback thread, is it allowed to discuss the released episodes despite the fact it has yet to air officially in English (except the Toonami Asia release, which is current)?

gunleon

MPXToonInferno
Good to know then. Was wondering since the only info we can get are fan subs. Then again, I'm reminded of how Legend of The Galactic Heroes never got an official English release, ergo, the only ones available are the fan subs.

In any case, Ep 49 explained what happened to Future Trunks when the Buu Saga happened on his timeline, which was easier to settle than I thought. I expect another episode or two before Goku and Goku Black finally engage. Still keeping my expectations low on the fight scenes, but it they can at least make it as decent as the brief Future Trunks vs Goku Black fight in last week's episode, I'm good.

gunleon

MPXToonInferno
My head can't stop spinning on who Black really is because of the loopholes regarding Time Paradoxes. Basically what happens is that because Black wears the Time Ring, he is safe from the paradox of being erased because his past self was killed by Beerus. This suggests that the Zamasu who is Black is from the Prime Timeline. Further evidence of this is Black revealing that the body of Goku Zamasu swapped with is the one before the events of Battle of Gods.

After killing Chichi and Goten, Black used the Time Ring to enter the Future Trunks timeline and allied himself with that timeline's Zamasu. Considering this timeline is the only one where Future Trunks is the only Z-Fighter, it was likely the timeline chosen by the Zamasus to attack.

When I think about it, Black and Zamasu should've attacked the 3rd Timeline instead where Cell came from, as they were no Z-Fighters there at all since the Trunks there was already killed, and they can easily fulfill their Zero Mortals Plan as there's no one to oppose them there other than perhaps Majin Buu. Obviously, the decision to attack the Future Trunks timeline was a creative decision for the sake of forming a narrative, than a practical one.

Black and Future Zamasu stated that to assure no one opposes them, they killed ALL the Kaioshin and Hakaishin in all the 13 universes of the Future Trunks timeline. This begs the question as to what became of Whis, Vados, and the other guardians of the Hakaishin, as well as the High Priest, and ultimately, the Omni-King. I get the impression that the Future Trunks's timeline has its own Omni-King existing there, as opposed to the idea of the Prime Omni-King having dominion on all timelines, in addtion to the 13 universes.

Goku was a disappointment. Normally he would get an extreme power-boost, if not a new power-up form, if someone he has close ties with dies. Knowing the deaths of Chichi and Goten would've made him expand his power to beyond Super Saiyan Blue, but instead, it was just pure rage that has no ill effect on Black. This at least goes with Toriyama's statments in several intereviews that he doesn't want Goku to reach the level of power as Beerus for the nuance.

Instead, a new power-up form goes to Future Trunks, motivated by the Zamasus' accusation that he was the catalyst behind everything that happened. As Future Trunks never obtained God Ki, I would think his new form would be the equivalent of a Super Saiyan 3, or if I were to highball it, Super Saiyan 4. Yet, for narrative purposes, this new form is likely nowhere near the form of Super Saiyan Blue in terms of raw power, let alone enough to defeat Black.

Finally, the episode doesn't explain still how Black gains his power and achieve the Super Saiyan Rose form. As Black constantly taunts Goku that it was the latter that gives him his powers, I'm guessing Black's power is relative to Goku's in some way.

ShadowBeast

This at least goes with Toriyama's statments in several intereviews that he doesn't want Goku to reach the level of power as Beerus for the nuance.
I like the idea of Goku never reaching Beerus's level of power. Goku always seemed too powerful.

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Breaking now: Dragon Ball Super streaming announced for North America and Australia + New Zeland starting October 22. Running on Crunchyroll, Daisuki, Anime Lab (Aussie site affiliated with Madman). Episodes 47 - 63 to start with, back catalog to be filled out 10 episodes at a time every week after that.

Stay tuned for more, maybe, watching to see something crop up on a Toei website. There is no word on an English dub or a television broadcast yet.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...lcast-on-crunchyroll-daisuki-animelab/.107853

Radical

Banned
The Future Trunks Arc was getting awesome/interesting so far,

My thoughts:

Both Bulma/Mai getting major screentime was pretty sweet:D.

Love Emperor Pilaf, Mai, and Shu's great funny scenes and nice they be helpful like Jesse/James/Meowth/Wobbuffet's anti-hero moments.

I'm glad Future Mai is still alive and getting great major screentime and Future Yajirobe showing up and getting involved was great, interesting that he's still alive.

Always great to see Adult Gohan, Goten, Master Roshi/Turtle, Krillin, Piccolo, and East Supreme Kai, I hope for Adult Gohan to get his fight scenes pretty soon.

Future Trunks' moments with Adult Gohan, Bulma, Kid Trunks, Mai, and Future Mai were pretty sweet/touching.

Zamasu/Gowasu were great interesting new Kaioshin characters, Zamasu, my favorite awesome new ruthless horrible villain which is interesting for a Kaioshin to be a villain.A Future Zamasu showing up interested me though.

Goku/Future Trunks vs. Future Zamasu/Black Goku was such an awesome intense fight.

Black Goku's new Super Saiyan Rose form is pretty cool, I can't wait to see Frost getting a cool new form pretty soon:D.

In episode 61, Black Goku turning out to be Zamasu stealing Goku's body was not that surprising(I sort of knew it, hehehe).

Future Zamasu/Black Goku's new fusion form is pretty cool.

Cool to see Vegito.

Future Trunks destroying Fused Zamasu was awesome, cool that he defeats another major boss villain.

Last edited:

MDawg

Nerfariously planning
It took longer than expected, but the inevitable finally comes to pass. Funimation has announced it will be dubbing DBS.
Fans can immediately begin watching current subtitled episodes of “Dragon Ball Super” (episodes 1 – 10 and 47 – 64) on FunimationNow followed by new simulcast episodes which will begin with episode 65 this Saturday, November 5, 2016 at 8:30 p.m. CT. In conjunction with the agreement, production will begin on an English dub of the “Dragon Ball Super” series, with broadcast and casting details to follow.

gunleon

MPXToonInferno
Excerpt from my blog, as my thoughts on the latest episode is awfully long to write:

".....the battle with Zamasu ended not in the way most Dragon Ball fans anticipated. Personally, I wouldn't have it any other way, and Trunks truly deserves it, given all his remarkable efforts in this arc, in spite of the odds stacked against him. This is also the first time in Dragon Ball Super, and the second time throughout the history of the Dragon Ball TV anime, where Goku steps aside and lets another person be the protagonist. And for those still not happy about Trunks taking the spotlight, consider this - it is now possible that in a future arc, Goku will once again step aside and let Vegeta be the protagonist, for once.

I forgot to mention as well that there is virtually NO animation errors in this episode, and the majority of the fight scenes are done with incredible animation. Toei really blew the budget to make this climactic battle as good as it gets. Definitely far better than Goku vs Hit, or against Golden Frieza.

I will miss Future Trunks (or shall we call him "Miracle" Trunks now?) at the end of this arc. But given that Shueisha plans to keep the franchise going even after Dragon Ball Super ends, it's possible Trunks can return, possibly in a spin-off series all his own. "

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
You've got to be kidding me, a filler episode had more blood than a canon episode lmao! At least this was a fun-filled, down to earth, and hilarious episode of DBS. Probably one of the best fillers yet! Finally Yamcha got some love! And he deserved winning at the end. I give episode 70 a 5/5.

Can't wait for next weeks episode tho. Hit's back, and Goku's dead? Woah.

And did anyone catch the reference?:

yamcha_zpsnutuukw6.png

Radical

Banned
My thoughts on the conclusion of the awesome Future Trunks' Return Saga and episodes 69/70, Dragonball's comedy fillers more better than Naruto Shippuden/Bleach's awful fillers,

The two kids Haru/Maki from Future Trunks' world, best supporting characters.

Future Trunks being the one destroying Fused Zamasu was awesome, cool that Future Trunks destroys another major boss villain.

Zeno destroying Zamasu's evil essences was awesome, I'll miss Zamasu who was a great ruthless evilest new villain.

Cool seeing Future Zeno and having the two Zenos be friends was great.

Cool seeing Arale/Senbei guest star and cool seeing the Dr. Slump characters/opening, I'm a huge fan of Dr. Slump next to Dragonball, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Gurren Lagann, Fairy Tail, and One-Punch Man.

Cool seeing Dr. Mashirito, funny loser villain like Jessie/James/Meowth/Wobbuffet:D, his evil plan brainwashing Arale was great.

Vegeta getting crushed by Arale was hilarious, hahahahahahaha, second time he loses to a strong female opponent, hehehe:p:lol:.

Love the 4th wall breaking with the Dr. Slump manga from Senbei and gag comic character mentioning from Vegeta, hahahahahaha.

Goku meeting Arale and Goku vs. Arale was awesome/funny.

Cool seeing Shanpa, best returning major antagonist, challenging Bills to a game of baseball, sweet.

Cool seeing Gohan, Yamcha, Krillin, Piccolo, Cabba, Botamo, and Magetta involved playing baseball which was great/funny:D, no Frost, rats, he'll return pretty soon though.

The reference to the Yamcha Saibaiman death, cool.

Seeing Yamcha getting his best shining moment and biggest win was awesome:D, I hope for Gohan/Piccolo to get their victories pretty soon as well.

Next episode preview: Hit returns, awesome, a cool new dangerous villain, and Goku death, yikes.

SuperFan2024

Shoo fly.
Oh man i'm freaking out right now! Episode 75 was all kinds of awesome, consistent and good looking animation/art, training between old time buddies Goku and Krillin, and the return of older villains that we'll see more of next episode. And not to mention!:

NEW TRAILER FOR THE UNIVERSAL SURVIVAL ARC!!!!

All loads of new things tonight. But phew, gotta calm down and settle in for some new Dragon Ball Super english dub episode 3 coming on in a few minutes.

Radical

Banned
Episodes 73-76 were pretty awesome/enjoyable,

Cool seeing Jaco, but the Watagash, a cool interesting dangerous parasitic alien criminal villain.

Gohan's major focus was awesome which he finally gets his turn to shine and always cool to see his awesome Great Saiyanman persona.

Nice seeing robber brothers, poor loser joke minor villains I pity, hehehe.

Barry, my favorite new great horrible human villain, a Sharpener clone, hehehe, a great nemesis for Gohan, but his relationship crushing blackmail plan will fail, hehehe:p, both the robber brothers, Sharpener, Wild Tiger, Barry, and Yurin are the only decent minor human villains that I liked from Dragonball Z/Super.

Cocoa, a great new female character.

Monster Watagash Barry looked cool/powerful with a sweet design.

Gohan vs. Monster Watagash Barry was awesome, Gohan got his wish to pulverize Barry, hehehe, and Gohan finally gets a victory, awesome:D!!!!!

Krillin's future job as a cop is awesome, but Krillin's major focus was great:D.

Love the great Android #18 moments.

Nice seeing more of Goku/Krillin's great friendship moments.

Nice seeing Master Roshi/Fortuneteller Baba on their best funny moments.

Goku/Krillin vs. all the past villains was awesome.

Cool seeing King Piccolo/Tamborine, Early Evil Vegeta, Raditz, Captain Ginyu/The Ginyu Force, Cell, and Super Majin Buu:D, Bulma showing up was funny, hahahahahaha:p, but while disliking Frieza, so love his next satisfying defeat, hehehe.

Cool to see Nimbus, yaaaaaaay.

Nice for Krillin to get great character development and a win next to Gohan/Yamcha, yaaaaaaaay.

I'll enjoy the awesome Universe Survival arc and cool to see more Gods of Destruction, yaaaaaaay:D!!!!!!

Last edited:

GWOtaku

Staff member
Reporter
Funimation has an official subbed video out for the "Universe Survival" arc. Ah, it's nice to have a license.

Last edited:

PapaGreg

Open bar knock yourself out
So its DBZ meets Bokurano

Sent from my LG-D415 using Tapatalk

Spotlight

Staff online

Who's on Discord?

Latest profile posts

I found out that the original All That is not created by Dan Schneider. Is that true?
WBD announces a Meerkat Manor animated film. In other news, the world suddenly remembers Meerkat Manor exists.
Today marks the 5th Year Anniversary of when the HD Double Pack of Final Fantasy X & X-2 was released on the Nintendo Switch in North America. It was nice to be able to play my favorite Final Fantasy game on a Nintendo system.
Alex Dudley's DToons YouTube channel is back after being hacked a couple of weeks ago. Good news.

Take a look at these cool posters.

Rebecca and Ian are LEGENDS!

Featured Posts